Hagi update

Carsons pen

Copied from the (sun)
NEW Romania manager Edi Iordanescu has revealed Rangers star Ianis Hagi will struggle to be fit for the start of next season after knee surgery.

Hagi suffered the injury during Rangers' 4-0 win over Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup and underwent surgery in the week after the game.

Rangers ace Ianis Hagi
Rangers ace Ianis Hagi
He's been ruled out for the remainder of the season, but Romanian boss Iordanescu believes he could be out for up to six months, after speaking to him this week which means he could potentially be missing until the middle of August, well after the new campaign has kicked off.

Iordanescu said: "I spoke to him twice and he may be unavailable for five to six months. It's very unfortunate for him.

"I don't want to put pressure on him to rush back, but of course, we need our best players for Romania.

"It's very unfortunate because Ianis was going through a really good period in his career. He had started to really prove he could do it.

Advertisement

Our luck with injuries is atrocious

Jack

Helander

Balogun

And now Hagi

massive blows to our squad and not just injuries that last a few weeks or so
Without sounding overly negative, it’s not just bad luck.

Particularly with non contact injuries (which most of these are), a good sports science department can minimise their chance of occurring and a good physio department can make sure that the chances of relapse are minimal.

Given the extent to which we’ve had players out due to non contact injuries, and that there are frequently delays and setbacks, it makes me think we need to look at our Sports Science & Medical department.

(Also we’re quite bad for signing players with a poor injury history but that’s an argument for another day)

Didn’t we say this at the time when people said ‘end of the season is only four months away it can’t be as bad as feared’.

Out for the rest of the season never meant he’d be fit in June.

Particularly with non contact injuries (which most of these are), a good sports science department can minimise their chance of occurring and a good physio department can make sure that the chances of relapse are minimal.

Given the extent to which we’ve had players out due to non contact injuries, and that there are frequently delays and setbacks, it makes me think we need to look at our Sports Science & Medical department.

(Also we’re quite bad for signing players with a poor injury history but that’s an argument for another day)
Most of them aren’t non contact injuries. Jack got injured from a bad challenge and Hagi was a contact injury, nobody knows the issue with Balogun and I’m certain Helander was a knee problem caused by the way he turned

Fear the worst for him, hopefully doesnt effect his pace or im afraid he will start running back the way

You'd be forgiven for thinking Hagi is quite injury prone, but nearly every injury he's had at Rangers has been a result of being scythed down by some no-mark thug. Ryan Jack's injury problems stemed from the exact same thing. F*cking sick of it.

It's fucking constant, or feels like it at least. Talented players getting mangled by thugs. And these bastards don't get dealt with by the refs. It's a running theme that if a hatchet man puts a Rangers player on the shelf, they're never carded for it - half aren't even given as fouls.

Fs man was just thinking about him yesterday aswell

FIFA fan by any chance...?

For context and non players, FIFA 22 release a juiced up special "Future Stars" version of Ianis during the week. I unlocked him straight away and he's very good in game, linking him up top with the "Icon" version of his old man and the father / son combo are banging in goals for fun. Most enjoyable. Not convinced that EA programmers actually watch football though cos they gave him a pace stat of 88...

Back on topic...really hope Hagi recovers fully and comes back stronger. True, he was going through a sticky patch of firm pre injury but confident he would have rediscovered forn for the run in so it's obviously a blow to our squad.

Jack and Hagi both were contact injuries.

I still stand by that tackle by Kipre is what’s done this to Jack

Our luck with injuries is atrocious

Jack

Helander

Balogun

And now Hagi

massive blows to our squad and not just injuries that last a few weeks or so

You forgot Ofoborh, but that was a pre-existing medical condition that should have been picked up if he had a proper medical. Him and Simpson were signed on pre-contracts so I assume they didn't get proper medicals.

Hopefully the club have insurance polices that cover the financial impact of injuries. When you calculate the wages lost to paying players who can't play it will be a lot of money.

Jack and Hagi both were contact injuries.

I still stand by that tackle by Kipre is what’s done this to Jack
He’s also currently injured for a contact tackle :mad:

Hagi was a contact injury

Helander buckled his knee on st Johnstone crappy pitch

Balagoun ….. well it’s always something :(

You'd be forgiven for thinking Hagi is quite injury prone, but nearly every injury he's had at Rangers has been a result of being scythed down by some no-mark thug. Ryan Jack's injury problems stemed from the exact same thing. F*cking sick of it.

Hagi's injury was just unfortunate, nothing to do with the player being a thug. The Stirling Albion player nicked in and got to the ball first and Hagi swung his leg into him not realising he was there.

Copied from the (sun)
NEW Romania manager Edi Iordanescu has revealed Rangers star Ianis Hagi will struggle to be fit for the start of next season after knee surgery.

Hagi suffered the injury during Rangers' 4-0 win over Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup and underwent surgery in the week after the game.

Rangers ace Ianis Hagi
Rangers ace Ianis Hagi
He's been ruled out for the remainder of the season, but Romanian boss Iordanescu believes he could be out for up to six months, after speaking to him this week which means he could potentially be missing until the middle of August, well after the new campaign has kicked off.

Iordanescu said: "I spoke to him twice and he may be unavailable for five to six months. It's very unfortunate for him.

"I don't want to put pressure on him to rush back, but of course, we need our best players for Romania.

"It's very unfortunate because Ianis was going through a really good period in his career. He had started to really prove he could do it.

Advertisement
Absolute nightmare of an injury for hagi. Really terrible timing for his career.

5-6 months min of R&R then, assuming there is no setback, another couple months of slow return to training and fitness building.

Then a gradual reintroduction to the team to regain match sharpness.

He wont be playing for Rangers until late this year IMO.

I don't know what people were expecting after it was reported a "complete knee reconstruction" would need to happen.

Was it confirmed as an ACL reconstruction he had?
If it was then it will likely be into August/September before he is back playing.

Seconded.

Back