Hamburg v Ingolstadt

Chester Loyal

I know there are a few HSV fans on here. Anyone watching the game today? Or going to it?

I’ll be going to it but I’m not expecting much. They’ve been dreadful recently and are really toiling for promotion.

David Bates has been dropped, the manager is chopping and changing the formation and the top scorer (Lassoga) is in and out of the team.

If they win their last 3 then they’ll probably go up automatically but I just can’t see it. A playoff berth is the best they can hope for now and I think they’d lose that.

Not won a league game since hammering St Pauli a couple months ago. Absolutely dreadful form and they have deserved all they have got given some of the performances they have turned in

Paderborn losing last night might just give them the wee boost in morale and belief they need - but they simply need to start winning their own games of football again as opposed to waiting on slip ups from others. Another season in the 2.Bundesliga would be really damaging you’d imagine

Massive game today. Paderborn losing was a bonus but just don't really have the confidence in HSV to take advantage.

Must win match today.

They are away to Paderborn next week, I can see that match handing 2nd place to union Berlin.

Play-off v Stuttgart would be a massive match!

Must win match today.

They are away to Paderborn next week, I can see that match handing 2nd place to union Berlin.

Play-off v Stuttgart would be a massive match!
I can see it going to the last weekend with all 3 teams still in the mix.

The points HSV have thrown away are unreal. 2 nil up at home the week after st pauli and lose 3-2.

Even if they go up staying in the Bundesliga would be a struggle for them imo, don't score enough goals and concede to often.

3-0 now, another season in that division for HSV unfortunately. Even if they do get a play-off, their form is rank.

pointless even making the play offs, a very weak stuttgart would annihilate them

and making the Bundesliga would see them bouncing straight back down, years of overspending has caught up with them and the last 6/7 years they just can’t compete

Dreadful today. By far the worst I’ve ever seen.

Hamburg manager has to get sacked today if they’ve any chance of making the playoffs.

Hamburg players had to go over to the ultras after the game and explain themselves/apologise. Honestly felt like it could’ve kicked off at some points.

Fair play to the Hamburg fans, they applauded Ingolstadt off the park but the boo’s for Hamburg were deafening.

They had to go apologise as they were so woeful mate.

Is that a normal thing? That section of the support all stayed behind which is how I knew something was going to happen and stayed behind to watch.

The players approached the goal pretty gingerly and stood watching the crowd for a while before sheepishly heading over the advertising. There were a couple of the ultras down trackside going mad at them.

The substitute keeper went straight in and spoke for a good few minutes!

Is that a normal thing? That section of the support all stayed behind which is how I knew something was going to happen and stayed behind to watch.

The players approached the goal pretty gingerly and stood watching the crowd for a while before sheepishly heading over the advertising. There were a couple of the ultras down trackside going mad at them.

In normal circumstances they’ll come out and celebrate with the ultras if they win or clap them if they lose (respectably).

Today’s result/performance was so bad that they had to come over and apologise though. The fans deserve much more and the players are in the firing line. I actually give the players some credit for standing up to the abuse as they could’ve just walked straight down the tunnel.

EKBB it was our first time at the Volksparkstadion. You might be able to explain - what was the situation with the team and the ultras at the end of the match?
I never seen the game but can only imagine the ultras weren't best pleased.

They tried to storm the front door after a match last year

I never seen the game but can only imagine the ultras weren't best pleased.

They tried to storm the front door after a match last year
I thought they were trying to blow the place up at the end of the last game last season. Nearly shit myself when the first firework went off lol.

Bates has been very good all season. He’s had a couple of poor performances but so has everyone associated with Hamburg.

The manager is the problem at Hamburg. They have the player to walk that league.

A bunch of us were at the game and we had a tour of the ground/museum after the game. It was pre arranged that David Bates would come along and meet us. Fair play to him, imagine it was the last thing he wanted to do, was obviously frustrated at not featuring - said the gaffer has made a lot of changes recently. As stated above they were absolutely rotten, nothing in the final third, the boy Mangala was the only bright spark for me

Not won in League since they beat St Pauli ?

And still in with a shout of promotion.

Why did the manager start changing the side after they beat St Pauli? Was it forced with injuries?

I'm aware of the shambles on the pitch in recent years but what's happening behind the scenes with finances/ownership etc. to cause it?

A bunch of us were at the game and we had a tour of the ground/museum after the game. It was pre arranged that David Bates would come along and meet us. Fair play to him, imagine it was the last thing he wanted to do, was obviously frustrated at not featuring - said the gaffer has made a lot of changes recently. As stated above they were absolutely rotten, nothing in the final third, the boy Mangala was the only bright spark for me

And Mangala's on loan from Stuttgart, so I don't know what the script is if they meet in the playoffs.

A mate who lives in Hamburg says he hopes they stay down and regroup cos he's convinced they will get hammered if they go back up.

I was one of the boys that got the tour/meeting with DB (which was utterly class btw, Hamburg were very hospitable)

Bates said they do it after every game and that some of the older players actually have a relationship with the ultras. They were talking for a good 10 minutes and at the end they actually appeared to cheer up a bit - Rangers could maybe consider it :D

I was one of the boys that got the tour/meeting with DB (which was utterly class btw, Hamburg were very hospitable)

Bates said they do it after every game and that some of the older players actually have a relationship with the ultras. They were talking for a good 10 minutes and at the end they actually appeared to cheer up a bit - Rangers could maybe consider it :D

Agree mate, they went over and above. You don't have the photo do you?

Back