Hampden Main Stand Upper

scottyfrancis1996

I was working at the Scotland Croatia game last night at Hampden and I was based in the upper of the main stand at the Rangers end and it got me thinking, how many bears have sat up there for a game as it's a good view?

Been there twice. 1978 for the Argentina send-off and the 1980 riot final.

Neither ended well!

I was working at the Scotland Croatia game last night at Hampden and I was based in the upper of the main stand at the Rangers end and it got me thinking, how many bears have sat up there for a game as it's a good view?
Was in it for the thistle semi final and the uefa final between sevilla and was it espanol.

Best seats in the house I'd say

I have debenture seats there. Great view as I’m just in line with the penalty soot

had them since 1999 only downside is you can see Parkhead from my seat in the last row and you can’t see the cup getting presented

I had the good fortune to be given first class hospitality up there for the lovencrands final , what a day and view of of such a specticle.

Been to the hospitality a few times in the front row, it’s fantastic. Sat there outside hospitality loads of times too. Fist game I remember was Scotland 0-2 England. Probably the best seats in house.

Twice, once at each end, once v celtic (2015?) One I'd rather forget and Falkirk for the SC final when they thought they'd sell half of hampden and gave us thousands of tickets back because they couldn't.

Was up there for penalty win against them and the Hibs final.
The only times I've gone to Hampden recently not worrying about the view I was going to have.

Watched the 2016 penalty shootout win v the scum from the debenture seating up there.

Was directly behind the trajectory of Barrie McCoy's goal, it was in from the moment it left his foot.

Was up there for the league Cup semi v Hearts a couple of seasons ago and it was the best view I've ever had in Hampden.

Was at the Rangers end for the Hibs cup final. In line with the goal line.

Thought it was going to be a poor view but it was actually excellent.

Got a great view and pics of the rioting, I mean ‘over exuberance’, after the final whistle.

‘Slightly better’ than Row B in the North Stand where we were for one match!

The Main/South Stand are the only decent seats at Hampden.

The other stands are a disgrace for a national stadium.

:(

Was there for the orange cup final, sat beside gvb brother, very good view but as was said before rubbish for trophy presentation

I've been up there 5 times.

Dundee United 08
mentally challengeds 09
St Mirren 11
Hibs 16
mentally challengeds 19

2/5 victories in cup finals.

2 cup finals in 2008. Good view of the match, but not greatest for the trophy presentations

2-0 defeat 08 and 15 to them and the 4-0 a couple years back. Think I’ll happily avoid those seats

The only terrible views are the front 15 rows behind the goals . The rest of the place is fine IMO

was up there for the league cup final when Alfie missed the penalty.

A great view despite my broken heart.

Only place I've known to be in the main stand and you can still end up behind the goal!

Been up there 4 times that I can remember, enjoyed the view but not always the game.

v Them 3-1 League cup semi final defeat
v St Boo 1-0 League cup final win
v Sheep 1-0 League cup semi final defeat
Croatia v Czech Republic 1-1 last week

Been there once. Good view of the pitch but, like the South (?) Stand at Fir Park it's a bit strange being higher than the rest of the ground and looking out over the surrounding area. It seems your looking in on the game, not fully at it.

Sat there with my son SCF v Dundee, comp tickets thru my wife's work at the time. Great view of all the empty seats in the Dundee end of the North stand

Was there for the Hearts semi final game game a couple of seasons ago.
Good view and a padded seat:p

Back