Hand of God Shirt Sold at Auction

Apparently they done all sorts of tests, pored over every detail and were able to establish that Hodge did have the ‘hand of god shirt’.

Any word on who bought it?

I read earlier that Argentina sent a party over to try and bring it back to Argentina

The cigar reek from it did the trick

I wonder how much Terry Henry’s one when he punched the ball into the goal putting Ireland out of the World Cup would fetch

Apparently they shirts were bought in a Mexico sports shop by the Argentine kit man. The sparkling numbers were the only ones available and these numbers were normally used for American football tops. The original shirts material was not to the liking of the Argentine manager .

Good luck to Hodge for hanging on to it for so long - value was only going to increase once Diego died. Would be nice if he shared some of the cash with his teammates - bit disproportionate that he trousers £7m and the rest get a keepsake!

Good luck to Hodge for hanging on to it for so long - value was only going to increase once Diego died. Would be nice if he shared some of the cash with his teammates - bit disproportionate that he trousers £7m and the rest get a keepsake!

Fair play to hodge for getting the top.

After all he did set up diego with a measured sliced pass.

Remember seeing Maradonna playing his first international for Argentina at Hampden winning 3-1, think he scored two. He was sensational. Anybody else there ?
Aye was there that day. Roasting hot in The Rangers End at Hampden. What a display he put on. Ripped Scotland apart. Memorable.

Apparently they shirts were bought in a Mexico sports shop by the Argentine kit man. The sparkling numbers were the only ones available and these numbers were normally used for American football tops. The original shirts material was not to the liking of the Argentine manager .
It's a really good story that I hadn't heard until this morning.

England player Steve Hodges received the shirt from Maradona after the game!

It said in today's newspaper that the Argentinean FA want the shirt back and have sent a delegation to London with the threat of legal action!

They say the shirt is theirs and it should go back too his family to be put in a Maradona Museum once the get all the white powder from it? ......Few quid there as well?

What next will they be asking the para's to give back all the ears won in a fair fight in the Falklands ???

Last edited:
Hodge got stick from his fellow England players in the changing room after the game for swapping with Maradona. I bet he still feels bad

Must have been like that scene from Fools and Horses when they sold the watch :))
I thought exactly the same.If I was Steve Hodge soon as that hammer came down I think I'd have offloaded the biggest amount of spoontang into my boxers it would have filled my shoes.

I'll be holding my wee sign up tomorrow.Not giving a flying fxxx what anyone says!!

I’d take them out for a bevvy and a meal, that’s it.
Big villa in Portugal for me then spend the rest of my days doing nowt.
:))

Back