Hansi given the Flick by German National Team

HowdenEnder

Hansi Flick has been sacked as Germany manager following Saturday's 4-1 friendly defeat by Japan in Wolfsburg.

He becomes the first Germany boss to be sacked since the role was created in 1926.

Germany have lost four of their past five games, with Flick overseeing just 12 wins in his 25 matches since replacing Joachim Low in August 2021.

Rudi Voller, who managed the team from 2000 to 2004, takes temporary charge for Tuesday's friendly with France.

The 63-year-old Voller, a former Germany striker, was appointed director of the German national side in February.

He will be assisted by Hannes Wolf and Sandro Wagner.

Germany host the men's European Championship next year but have been in disarray.

German FA president Bernd Neuendorf said: "The committee agreed that the German national team needs a fresh impetus after the recent disappointing results.

"Going into the European Championship next summer, we need confidence and optimism in the country regarding our team.

"This has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make during my time in this role because I really respect Hansi Flick and his assistants, both on a professional and personal level.

"Sporting success is of the upmost importance to the ***, which is why this decision had to be made."

Flick, 58, had been Low's assistant manager with Germany from 2006 to 2014.

His time in charge began with eight successive wins, but their form progressively got worse and Germany exited last year's World Cup at the group stage.

His assistants Marcus Sorg and Danny Rohl have also been dismissed.

Oman, Costa Rica and Peru are the only teams Germany have beaten in the past 12 months.

Such a disappointing performance came as a surprise considering Flick won 70 of his 86 games in charge of Bayern Munich from November 2019 to June 2021.

Under Flick, Bayern won a treble of the domestic league and cup and Champions League titles in the 2019-20 season.

After the Japan defeat, Flick said he was "brutally disappointed" but thought he remained the "right manager" for Germany.

However he ominously added: "Things can change in professional football and I can't see what's to come."

The German FA said it hoped to announce Flick's full-time replacement "as soon as possible".

Julian Nagelsmann, who replaced Flick as Bayern boss at the end of 2020-21, could be a leading contender. The highly rated 38-year-old has been out of work since Bayern sacked him in March.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has also been mentioned in the German media, while Voller could also be in contention - although he has not managed since a stint as Bayer Leverkusen caretaker in 2005.

Another name being mooted is the Austrian former Eintracht Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner.
Flick said he was "brutally disappointed" but thought he remained the "right manager" for Germany.

However he ominously added: "Things can change in professional football and I can't see what's to come."

The German FA said it hoped to announce Flick's full-time replacement "as soon as possible".

Julian Nagelsmann, who replaced Flick as Bayern boss at the end of 2020-21, could be a leading contender. The highly rated 38-year-old has been out of work since Bayern sacked him in March.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has also been mentioned in the German media, while Voller could also be in contention - although he has not managed since a stint as Bayer Leverkusen caretaker in 2005.

Another name being mooted is the Austrian former Eintracht Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner.

There's only one man for the job.....

wjse4oq4epi61.jpg

I didn't know that. I could have sent a touching message about how much I had wanked over her had I known.

About fifteen years ago, I was in the office of a back street South London garage paying the owner for some welding he'd done for me. I spotted a signed photo of Tracy Neve the page 3 girl on the wall, and remarked to the owner that I'd spilt a fair amount of seed over her pics in my youth.

That's my niece, he replied. :))

About fifteen years ago, I was in the office of a back street South London garage paying the owner for some welding he'd done for me. I spotted a signed photo of Tracy Neve the page 3 girl on the wall, and remarked to the owner that I'd spilt a fair amount of seed over her pics in my youth.

Outstanding. hahahaha

Tits out signed picture?

To be fair to Flick the German NT had been on a slope since Brazil and theyve never quite managed the exit of those great players and introduction of newer stars.

Maybe they peaked production wise in terms of talent but it seems odd they've been so disappointing for so long.

Even now they seem locked between the glory of the past and finding the future.

Not unlike a certain Club we all hold so dear.

Neice? yeah right :))

Something similar happened to me about 20 years ago, my lorry was getting tipped in a retail car park and a young woman came towards me and the forklift driver and I remarked "look at the tits on her ", the guy said hey FFS that's my wife, he was not too pleased

Last edited:
Germany is a strange one.

Won the World Cup then I'm sure not too long after that they won the Confederations Cup with basically a B team/under 23 team and everyone thought they'd go on to dominate for years.

What happened?

Yep, cannot remember him at all and I went to EURO 2000!
I recall those were some of their worst years. If I remember correctly they went out of the 1998 WC group stages and weren’t any better at the Euros in 2000. Then WC runners up under Rudi Völler in 2002, and things really started to improve under Klinsmann and Löw as Assistant.

I recall those were some of their worst years. If I remember correctly they went out of the 1998 WC group stages and weren’t any better at the Euros in 2000. Then WC runners up under Rudi Völler in 2002, and things really started to improve under Klinsmann and Löw as Assistant.

What led to Das Reboot wasn’t it 98 and 2000. 2002 was seen as a bit of a fluke really I’m sure as well.

The German national team's a good representation of modern Germany itself. Once a ruthlessly effective nation now long past it's glory days

No identify, no talent, no real hope for the future generations. Sad.

You just know that the Germans are going to end up winning the Euros next summer. Everybody will have written them off and they will grind it out.

Hills have them at 6/1

From the Germany manager getting the sack to nearly getting leathered off Tracy neves uncle in only 17 posts. I fukcing love this place:))

Back