Harry Kane.

Mental taking him off last night unless he was injured.
1-0 up but worst case at the time was potentially extra time and/or penalties.
Why on earth would you take your top striker off?
I saw it and couldn’t understand it. He didn’t look to be injured so why change the shape and bring in 2 cold players when you are trying to see out 5 minutes or so?

I’d backed Bayern to win the tie on penalties - Madrid were battering them during the early part of the first half and it looked like they would be well to get to extra time.
To be a goal up and qualifying and then change things… then it blows up on you.
Tuchel made a howling arse of that.

Think it’s fair to say Kane has more than done his bit for Bayern this year 44 goals is a ridiculous return for first season

They will sweep the board next season no doubt, Leverkusen who have been immense will never have another season like this one
It’s a team game though and not a one man show….. which it generally becomes whatever team he’s in. Get the ball to harry seems to be the tactic

Another season with zero (0, nil, nada zerl) trophies.

Understandable with rubbish, fraudulent teams like Spurs and England, but Bayern Munich?! Who did he piss off to be cursed like this?
Sometimes trophies mean much less than a fat bank account

Listened to a podcast where a guy put up an interesting question who has had the better career, Kane or Jamie Vardy?

When you look at it Vardy has won the premiership, championship, FA cup, Charity shield, got to a champs league quarter final, EPL golden boot winner.

I thought it was a good question to be honest
Kane's never been subbed off to get home for his tag curfew though.

I saw it and couldn’t understand it. He didn’t look to be injured so why change the shape and bring in 2 cold players when you are trying to see out 5 minutes or so?

I’d backed Bayern to win the tie on penalties - Madrid were battering them during the early part of the first half and it looked like they would be well to get to extra time.
To be a goal up and qualifying and then change things… then it blows up on you.
Tuchel made a howling arse of that.
If he was going to bring on a striker, he should have brought on Mathijs Tel, pace and breakout speed to link with Muller's outball.

Play like they are Killie at Ibrox, One forward milling about on the halfway line to hold up the play when it's lumped to them and one speedy lad to get onto the outball from the forward.

Bringing on Chupo-Moting made it obvious they were just going to try and sit in and hold on with no outball and Real Madrid threw everything and the kitchen sink at Bayern.

It's exactly what Manchester City did 2 years ago and it ended the same way, you cannot allow Real Madrid to throw absolutely everything at you with no fear of a counter attack because they will score.

Nah, people are genuinely nasty against him. Making fun of the way he speaks, calling him backwards etc.

Might not have won anything this season but he's one of the games good guys.
I don't get why people don't want him to do well.

He's pretty much the best role model you could have as a footballer.

What a load of nonsense :))

Denmark penalty is his most memorable goal for me, struggling to think of a real cracker/goal in a crunch match though, there was Germany but wasn't a hard goal for him - I am the same with Grealish a bit. He is an imperious player though.

What would everyones most memorable moment of Kane be? Other than the France penalty!

Reactions: WLF
Denmark penalty is his most memorable goal for me, struggling to think of a real cracker/goal in a crunch match though, there was Germany but wasn't a hard goal for him - I am the same with Grealish a bit. He is an imperious player though.

What would everyones most memorable moment of Kane be? Other than the France penalty!
Mate if Harry Kane isnt world class then there can’t be any CFs playing today that are.

Mate if Harry Kane isnt world class then there can’t be any CFs playing today that are.

It is chances like that last night he needs to score though at the end of the day.

With every world class striker you'll have a wow moment that springs to your mind first, I am struggling with Kane. Thinking in recent times - the goal from the half way line earlier this season perhaps. Like with Bale I think of the San Siro for example. Keen to hear what people think of for Kane - I may well be missing something from his time at Spurs.

There are some crackers here to be fair:

I just struggle with one in a real crunch match, Spurs fans bound to think of a few straight away. Me not thinking of one straight away probably relates to their lack of success - Moura v Ajax is the goal I remember most from Spurs this last decade.

It is chances like that last night he needs to score though at the end of the day.

With every world class striker you'll have a wow moment that springs to your mind first, I am struggling with Kane. Thinking in recent times - the goal from the half way line earlier this season perhaps. Like with Bale I think of the San Siro for example. Keen to hear what people think of for Kane - I may well be missing something from his time at Spurs.
So is Joselu world class then? :))

So is Joselu world class then? :))

lol, not at all - serious, what are the three goals or moments you think of instantly with Kane? Getting a few goals like that one he missed last night are all that are missing from him for me, pretty big factor when talking about world class.

lol, not at all - serious, what are the three goals or moments you think of instantly with Kane? Getting a few goals like that one he missed last night are all that are missing from him for me, pretty big factor when talking about world class.
The one that instantly sprung to mind was the goal v Arsenal similar to Matondo v the scum.

Well he has openly said he isn’t leaving Leverkusen this summer with Liverpool and Bayern now looking elsewhere. So maybe not explicitly knocked them back, but its all there when reading inbetween the lines.
He's building something great. If he gets the backing he wants, there won't be any stopping them next season as well.

Not really a striker though is he?

I really don’t get the hate for Kane. Phenomenal in almost every department as a striker, except the burst of pace over the first 5/10 yards.

Won’t see many better finishers, and his heading ability one of the best out there.

Last edited:
He is, and a model pro, was brilliant at Ibrox and cheered off, we recognise a player.

Was great seeing him in the flesh that day. His finish for the first goal was unbelievable.

Bigger than I thought he was - absolutely solid (I was sat beside the dug out). So was Eric Dier, an absolute unit who tackled like he meant it.

I doubt anyone actually dislikes him. He seems like a decent guy and is obviously a very good player.

He stayed at Tottenham for too long though and it's a wee bit funny that he went to a club that has won something every season, only for them to win nothing when he appears.

While he is a very good striker. He isn't world class. A world class striker finishes that chance at one nil last night.

Absolute nonsense. Would walk into any team
in the world and be first pick. This has been the case for about 8 years.

Not really a striker though is he?

I really don’t get the hate for Kane. Phenomenal in almost every department as a striker, except the burst of pace over the first 5/10 yards.

Won’t see many better finishers, and his heading ability one of the best out there.
You’ll see better finishers in the biggest games that’s for sure. I don’t know why people take criticism of him so personally, it’s not like he’s a Rangers fan or anything. Like @Wazza said, he’s the wrong side of 30 but doesn’t really have any iconic big game performances or moments. He had a great chance to kill that tie last night before he had a rush of blood to the head and just battered the ball into the side netting.

Last edited:
That team will probably be dismantled in the summer.
All depends on the board I guess. If they want to go from a selling club to a Bayern Munich, then they've got the right man in charge and CL money as well as money from winning the Bundasliga. If it is dismantled, then they'll never actually become a serious team with real aspirations to challenge for the league every season.

Back