Have we ever lost a home game by 5 goals?

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Plenty in here with longer memories than me and even more who know our club stats.
It maybe has happened but I can't remember it.

When did we last lose a competitive home game by 5 clear goals?

Just to help put tonight in context for likely discussion at work tomorrow...

rangers 1 dundee 5
the year dundee won the tile in 62 - 4 goal defeat / conceded 5

Last edited:
Genuinely can't think of one. A few by 4 goals yes, and a few games by more than that but all away from home

Don't think we've ever lost a home game by more than 5

I am reasonably confident we haven't, but not too keen to jump on this after our 5-1 disaster against them.

I stand corrected then wiki has them as 0-6 but right enough they could all have been away

Wiki lists any defeat as reverse scoreline, so may give the impression it's a home defeat, when it's just to emphasise the defeat. Flaw in their system. You're forgiven ;)

In my lifetime, the heaviest home defeat in Europe was to Juve. What a side they had.

I can't think of a 5 goal defeat

Juve 0-4 is the heaviest I can think of.

On that note are the papers slating them the same way we were hammered in the press after those 2 defeats to Juve? :rolleyes:

European Cup semi final in 1960 v Eintracht:
1-6 away and 3-6 at Ibrox

The Final was at Hampden that season but there's no way imo that we would ever have beaten the eventual winners, Real Madrid.

Last edited:
Juve 0-4 is the heaviest I can think of.

On that note are the papers slating them the same way we were hammered in the press after those 2 defeats to Juve? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure 'Wallies 0 Tallies 4' was the headline if I remember correctly.

This thread makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure what the ops intentions were by starting it. It's pleasing to see them getting gubbed, but I won't be taking any great satisfaction from results like that until we start beating them on a regular basis.

This thread makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure what the ops intentions were by starting it. It's pleasing to see them getting gubbed, but I won't be taking any great satisfaction from results like that until we start beating them on a regular basis.

I thought the intention was obvious, want to be able to say that in 145 years we have never had a result as bad as their gubbing last night.
Either that or I'm an undercover Tim feeling too much pain, will let you make your own mind up.

I think Preston took 7 (or more) off us at the official opening of Ibrox. The game was abandoned due to a pitch invasion.

EDIT: It was at the old Ibrox: The first match at this stadium was an 8–1 defeat to English side Preston North End on 20 August 1887.

Back