Hearts done again by another Peasant offside goal. ?

From what I saw of them, it was a fairly typical performance, they came flying out the blocks and Hearts couldn't cope with them in the first half. Carried some luck once again though, their first goal was shocking goalkeeping and their second offside, albeit Hearts goal was as well so can't overly complain.

They were once again spent by the hour mark though and the last half hour was Hearts best spell. The penalty miss was a shocker, but after that Hearts continued to press and had a load of corners but just didn't seem to have the quality to find the equaliser. If that penalty had gone in, I'd have fancied Hearts to sneak a win as the tims would had to have tried to push forward when already knackered.

Basically, when we go to their midden next week, if we don't make any stupid mistakes in the first half, we should see them off quite comfortably in the second. That's 2 games now where they have been hanging on for a 1 goal win, 1 of them against the might of Alloa. The biggest threat to us next week is ourselves if we don't turn up.

Oh and for those questioning anyone who was watching their game last night, some folk happen to have more than 1 device at home capable of showing a game :cool:

From what I saw of them, it was a fairly typical performance, they came flying out the blocks and Hearts couldn't cope with them in the first half. Carried some luck once again though, their first goal was shocking goalkeeping and their second offside, albeit Hearts goal was as well so can't overly complain.

They were once again spent by the hour mark though and the last half hour was Hearts best spell. The penalty miss was a shocker, but after that Hearts continued to press and had a load of corners but just didn't seem to have the quality to find the equaliser. If that penalty had gone in, I'd have fancied Hearts to sneak a win as the tims would had to have tried to push forward when already knackered.

Basically, when we go to their midden next week, if we don't make any stupid mistakes in the first half, we should see them off quite comfortably in the second. That's 2 games now where they have been hanging on for a 1 goal win, 1 of them against the might of Alloa. The biggest threat to us next week is ourselves if we don't turn up.

Oh and for those questioning anyone who was watching their game last night, some folk happen to have more than 1 device at home capable of showing a game :cool:
You really had both games on ? wow

For those asking about VAR. I believe the vote on it has been delayed until April.

There was no good reason to delay the vote, therefore I will assume this was directed by one club who call all the shots, especially as deciding in April will of course make it "too late" to implement for next season meaning yet another year of honest mistakes gifting a club goals, points, cards for the opposition and less cards for themselves.

Saw the goals on twitter after leaving Ibrox. Their goal is probably too tight to say its definitely offside. Herts goal is definitely offside though so no conspiracy for me.

However, it appears clear that if you can contain them until half time they start to wilt.

Had the game running alongside ours.
"How can you watch them?"
I wasn't I was watching the ref.
He had a fair game.
Timmy was offside and so was Hearts' goal.
What's more alarming was Gordon at the filth's first goal.
Ball went through him. Seemed to pull away from the ball a la Barkas.
giphy.gif

That was the goal? The way they were going on about it it seemed like it was an unstoppable thunderbolt.
Pathetic goalkeeping.

Had the game running alongside ours.
"How can you watch them?"
I wasn't I was watching the ref.
He had a fair game.
Timmy was offside and so was Hearts' goal.
What's more alarming was Gordon at the filth's first goal.
Ball went through him. Seemed to pull away from the ball a la Barkas.
giphy.gif
Aye it is very alarming, not like he's previously been on there books...oh wait.

Was a shocking pen.

Sent Hart the wrong way. If that had been Tav for us, Id have been raging.

Hearts can have no complaints, they blew it themselves by being so passive. Hatate had the freedom of Edinburgh for Timmys 1st goal.

Waiting again til they were behind to have a go.
Shocking pen?
He hit the inside of the post !

Shocking pen?
He hit the inside of the post !
The Goalie has gone the opposite way so isnt a factor in Boyce missing.

Take away the offside goals for both teams and Hearts still lose that gane because of the penalty miss.

Near side Lino appears to have no eyes, as the Hearts goal was offside as well.

So VAR would have made no difference to the outcome.

The Goalie has gone the opposite way so isnt a factor in Boyce missing.

Take away the offside goals for both teams and Hearts still lose that gane because of the penalty miss.
It come back across the he goal line.A couple of CMS to his right and it would be classed as a unstoppable penalty.

It come back across the he goal line.A couple of CMS to his right and it would be classed as a unstoppable penalty.
The old saying "if ma aunt had baws..." comes to.mind.

It didnt, he missed, no conspiracy just a poor penalty. The failure to send Bitton off can and should be questioned IMO.

Back