Hearts handball no var check

So if the ref says he seen an incident but the var people are watching a replay and it's clear the ref made a howling cùnt of it then it's just play on?
But it wasn't a penalty. Maybe VAR people did look at it and thought the same.

99% of hand balls are accidental

It’s one of the daftest rules in football.

Unless you’re diving to save a shot at goal or doing the hand of god.

Play on
You would have the mental homes packed to capacity if you did that with loonies saying it was brought in to get big Connor an England cap

99% of hand balls are accidental

It’s one of the daftest rules in football.

Unless you’re diving to save a shot at goal or doing the hand of god.

Play on

Maybe it’s time to give a penalty every time the ball hits an outfield players hand.

No matter what context (apart from brazen attempts from players deliberately trying to get the ball to hit an opposing players hand :) ) it hits the players hand then the ref just gives the penalty as this continual moaning by all parties is getting tiresome.

Last edited:
It either hits Kent and goes on to the arm or hits McCrorie in the chest first then the arm. Either way, the initial contact puts it on to the arm meaning it's not a penalty.
We're obviously seeing different things then.

I'm sure if it was a Rangers defender there would be readily available slow motion shots to clear it up though.

So does it come off his knee then hit his arm? If that's the case if it comes a part of your body first then hits your arm thats a not a penalty according to the laws iirc.

I cant be arsed reading the rules too busy, same as most people, i say its not a penalty but the Aberdeen one is as it was clearly deliberate hand ball, also red.

Notice the lack of headlines in the newspapers regarding this incident. Makes you think that they only report or get involved when Celtc don't get awarded a decision or if Rangers do . No headlines claiming VAR panel cheating , or referees cheating , or 200 photographs showing different angles of the ball hitting Goldsons hand , still nothing conclusive ( even if it did it wouldn't be and wasn't a penalty ) No headline rants from the St.Mirren manager claiming they never get any awards in their favour or from their club captain. No pundits claiming it should be a penalty regardless of the rules. You'd be forgiven for thinking there is an unhealthy bias for Celtc in our mainstream ..

How is that one not a pen? His arm looks outstretched if I am seeing it correctly?

Unless it actually hits the first player and not the second? (It does look like it hits the second guys hand to me)

Edit - This rule is mental and going to cause carnage. I assume it wasn’t given as his arm was outstretched to help him balance?

If the ref saw it and deemed it not a penalty then it doesn't go to VAR.
It hit his hand but it wasn't a handball, so no need to go to VAR.

Still goes to VAR as they automatically review any penalty box incident so they can tell the referee it's an error. If the ref had given a penalty I don't think VAR would have flagged for review as it could be given or not given so the on-field decision is final.

I hate this handball rule, never a penalty but the fact that it has hit his hand and others similar have been given opens a can of worms with punters, analysts, so called experts etc saying it's a stone waller. It was a cross ball that was going out the park that accidently hit the defenders hand, why the fk should you get a penalty for that. The game is Fkd until they review all this pish and change the rules.

Back