Hearts only sold 17,500 for Sunday

Nobody in their right mind would choose the east or west before the north stand at Hampden, these days. Or at least, very few would.
Well whether you judge them to be in their right mind or not, the irrefutable fact of the matter is that they do. In their many thousands.

That's what happens in national Semis. die hard man utd fans will miss out to Coventry trippers too - both deserve a 50/50 split though.

It was their test and they have almost sold out and they have paid for all the tickets, how have they failed? Club bought the tickets, fans pay for tickets off club, stands aren't empty. What more do you want?

Not really I just haven't got a superiority complex and feel the need to rip supporters of other clubs who have sold a vast amount of tickets for a game, and a competition they are unlikely to win.

They have managed to shift almost all of their equal share. How they do so is nowt to do with anyone.
Spot on, we have zero right to 51%+ of the stadium just because we have more ST holders, it's a mental statement to make.

Your comparison to Man Utd v Coventry is a good one and very comparable in terms of a massive club with huge ST numbers v a smaller club with less. Both have got 50/50 of Wembley and rightly so.

Hearts have done what they've done to give themselves an equal support in the stadium and not gifting their opposition (us) in a neutral cup tie a supporting advantage and it looks like it'll work as they'll have a very close to sold out or sold out end of Hampden. Why would Hearts want more Rangers fans in the ground if they know they can get close to a full end? No club would vote for that and why should they.

It's unfortunate some of our support will miss out but it's a neutral cup semi final and that's it. Simple.

Spot on, we have zero right to 51%+ of the stadium just because we have more ST holders, it's a mental statement to make.

Your comparison to Man Utd v Coventry is a good one and very comparable in terms of a massive club with huge ST numbers v a smaller club with less. Both have got 50/50 of Wembley and rightly so.

Hearts have done what they've done to give themselves an equal support in the stadium and not gifting their opposition (us) in a neutral cup tie a supporting advantage and it looks like it'll work as they'll have a very close to sold out or sold out end of Hampden. Why would Hearts want more Rangers fans in the ground if they know they can get close to a full end? No club would vote for that and why should they.

It's unfortunate some of our support will miss out but it's a neutral cup semi final and that's it. Simple.
Summed up perfectly.

The reason there’s a 50/50 split at Wembley is because clubs like Coventry can easily sell their allocation.
Up here at the 3rd biggest club in the land, the demand is lacking. To say the least.

It's still a lot of tickets when considering their average home attendance. The fact that the club is prepared to take the hit means that it's only them who are taking a financial hit.

F*ck off with that brainless pish mate.

There's zero argument for these never-go-to-a-game cunts that Hearts are giving these tickets to, because their core support couldn't deliver, to get spots ahead of hardcore Rangers fans who go week-in, week-out.

And this isn't a one-off with this mob. The fat bitch in admin in my work, who I didn't even know was a Hearts 'fan', ended up getting a ticket to the last semi we played against them.

It's a joke and I'm hopeful the SFA will now act accordingly in all future matches. And the wee teams won't have a leg to stand on.

ST+10% and be grateful.
You mean someone got a ticket and you didn't know they were a Hearts fan?
If you didn't know that should be enough to exempt them from ever getting a ticket.
Disgraceful what the country's coming to.

Every one of their ST holders who wants two tickets will get them.

Crazy. Lock out the fans that fund the game but let in the glory hunters.
Cup game at a neutral venue. Nobody should start with an advantage, if possible. Sporting integrity and all that. We can't have it both ways.

Cup game at a neutral venue. Nobody should start with an advantage, if possible. Sporting integrity and all that. We can't have it both ways.
There is no sporting integrity in Scottish football, a phrase used by the scum to get their own way and their appeasers

In what way? Hearts have bought their whole allocation. The remaining tickets are being bought off the club by their community foundation to give tickets to people who otherwise couldn't afford to go but would like too support their team.
Surely this is a good thing for the people that get the tickets, maybe The Charity Foundation should put on Buses for them as well.
There are a lot of fans who would love to go but can't afford it.

Here is a question, we reached a European Final against Barcelona, should they get more tickets because they have more ST holders?
We would sell out our allocation at the drop of a hat and we would still only satisfy a fraction of our support.

Hearts are still trying to punt tickets 4 weeks on.

Surely this is a good thing for the people that get the tickets, maybe The Charity Foundation should put on Buses for them as well.
There are a lot of fans who would love to go but can't afford it.
They are. And also providing lunch. Mental that anybody would have a problem with this.

Okay, so where do we draw the line?

If Forfar got to a cup final they wouldn't get half the tickets for the "neutral venue".

So erm! Hearts can't sell their allocation, but deserve half?
That's because Forfar would never sell half the tickets. Hearts will be very close to it.

They need to stop heading for the exits at the first sign of trouble. The last few times we've played them there's been a mass exodus in their end.

I suppose that's the mentality you'd have when you're so used to your team rolling over and getting their bellies tickled by us.

It’s not a race to see who sells tickets the fastest. If Hearts sell all or nearly all of their tickets by match day then that’s their business.
if a cup semi or final however has huge sections empty at one end that may have been sold by the other side in good time then that’s a different issue as we know. Unlikely this game though.

Okay, so where do we draw the line?

If Forfar got to a cup final they wouldn't get half the tickets for the "neutral venue".

So erm! Hearts can't sell their allocation, but deserve half?
They maybe wouldn't sell 21k but they'd be as every bit entitled to it as we would be.

My point is people saying we should get more tickets for a semi-final, if the shoe was on the other foot, there would be a meltdown on here.
Plus we get 25% of the money the Charity pays for
But we would never have a shoe on the other foot, absolutely never.

The ticket allocation has sated the appetite of 100% of the Hearts support and then more again.

We have satisfied a fraction of ours.

I'm not against a 50/50 split if a club has no problems selling their split, but quite clearly Hearts are having trouble.

But we would never have a shoe on the other foot, absolutely never.

The ticket allocation has sated the appetite of 100% of the Hearts support and then more again.

We have satisfied a fraction of ours.

I'm not against a 50/50 split if a club has no problems selling their split, but quick clearly Hearts are having trouble.
It will be a few hundred at most by kick off, or thereabouts. So they'll have about 5k more in the stadium than they would have had under the original plan to give them 15k.

Rangers. You're not seriously comparing Forfar with Hearts?
No, I'm doing the very opposite. I'm asking where do you draw the line?
You're clever enough to know what I'm asking Noddy without being arsey.

Falkirk, Dundee, Motherwell?

Where do you categorically state "No, you're not getting half?".

Hearts have been jumping through burning hoops trying to shift theirs.

Last edited:
No, I'm asking where do you draw the line?
You're clever enough to know what I'm asking Noddy without being arsey.

Falkirk, Dundee, Motherwell?

Where do you categorically state "No, you're not getting half?".

Hearts have been jumping through burning hoops trying to shift theirs.
You at least give them the chance, that's the whole idea of a neutral venue. And if they can't sell them, by all means hand them over to the club that can.

And so what if they've been trying everything to shift them? That's their perogative after purchasing the tickets.

One of the reasons why maybe Hearts still have tickets for sale is they haven't put them on general sale

Same as the LC semi they stop short of that happening

You mean someone got a ticket and you didn't know they were a Hearts fan?
If you didn't know that should be enough to exempt them from ever getting a ticket.
Disgraceful what the country's coming to.
No , I mean she barely had a passing interest in football and had never been to a hearts game before.

Got a ticket for the semi though.

Back