Hearts & Partick Thistle vs SPFL Starts Today.

By christ most lords seems to be RC these days. For a minority, they seem to have a high statistically presence. Need to start a campaign and work out why most ministers, lords etc are from a minority religion. FFS Protestant lifes matter!
It’s a Lord Clark who is presiding.Google is your friend here.

So if this got pushed back to the SFA could they honestly say that the SPFL is complete but the Scottish Cup isn't... Surely any decent lawyer and CAS would agree that is flawed. You either end both or end neither IMO

Mediation only works if both parties agree to it and the mediator - Hearts would be daft to agree to the SFA. Perhaps the FA...
Let's not confuse arbitration with mediation. As I understand it, the SPFL will argue that the SPFL rules require that the issues between them and Hearts, Thistle etc. should go to binding arbitration and, in effect, that the Court of Session does not have jurisdiction to hear the matters in dispute. Hearts and Thistle on the other hand will no doubt argue that this isn't a dispute which falls within the arbitration provisions of the SPFL rules and therefore that the Court of Session does have jurisdiction to hear the matters in dispute. The main difference between arbitration and mediation is that in arbitration the arbitrator / arbiter hears evidence and makes a decision (i.e. arbitration is a substitute for a court). In mediation, the process is a voluntary negotiation with the assistance of a neutral third party. The parties do not reach a resolution unless all sides agree (which of course they are under zero obligation to do).

Last edited:
From what I'm making this up as I need attention: the spfl argument is that hearts by the spfl articles have to go to the SFA before they can go to the courts. Seems like they are trying to use a technicality to get it threw out. Seems pointless because hearts will just apply for the interdict. We will then waste time as they go through the sfa procedure and end up back in the same place 1 month from now

So if this got pushed back to the SFA could they honestly say that the SPFL is complete but the Scottish Cup isn't... Surely any decent lawyer and CAS would agree that is flawed. You either end both or end neither IMO

The SFA now has Mike Mulreany as stand in President. He and his club have been very vocal supporters of the SPFL and critics of the 2 clubs. Surely no judge could think an organisation with him at the top could be impartial.

From what I'm making this up as I need attention: the spfl argument is that hearts by the spfl articles have to go to the SFA before they can go to the courts. Seems like they are trying to use a technicality to get it threw out. Seems pointless because hearts will just apply for the interdict. We will then waste time as they go through the sfa procedure and end up back in the same place 1 month from now
Which is the real reason for the shift in SFA President.

Which is the real reason for the shift in SFA President.

yep but it seems a short term fix for the spfl . If hearts get the interdict then everyone’s raging . The sfa talks go no where and we end up in court in 3 weeks time at the same stage. The spfl seem to just be kicking the can down the road maybe in hope hearts and thistle can’t afford extra legal costs and will come to the table

listening in.

i think this is headed for SFA arbitration.

hearts and partick will be shafted again at the arbitration.

then one of two things happen:
1. they either accept it at that point (they will be urged to accept it by the media and other complicit clubs to save clubs and jobs, essentially they will be martyrs)
2. it goes back to the court of session as arbitration has failed or it goes to the court of arbitration for sport.

What about this vote by clubs to allow the SPFL board to make executive “emergency powers” decisions? Cause that’s the game plan.... get the court to delay, push back to mediation and then impose restructuring to keep Hearts and Thistle up.

How that lets Brechin off the hook will then remain to be seen if the lower league situation kicks up a spanner.

Back