Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - RangersTV

We just cant defend properly, we have seen goals like that all season regardless of who the defenders are.

Agree , but it will be 2 seasons at the end of next.

All i want is for him to offload or drop rhe serial losers or players that cant perform.

The tims seem to have a manager that can walk in and win the lot, so why cant we.

The fat aussie had no DOF, virtually no team, no MD and did it.
I don't know if it's 2 seasons, he never put this squad together. He got us back into a league race that we had all gave up on and this has now created a rod for his own back.

Gerrard took 3 campaigns to get it right and starting a new season from scratch. That lot at the end of the day can outmuscle us on the transfer front and their new manager wasn't the mug everybody laughed at.

The collapse of this team isn’t really suprising

Te actual state of it

Now Clememt winless against them goes into a cup final against them and a first old firm of the season away to them

He really needs to win the final or the knives will be out rightly or wrongly.

You don’t survive here by beating them

He's 5th choice centre back. 6th choice if you consider we moved sterling there ahead of him for old firm game.
He shouldn't even be that, I genuinely think he'd struggle to get a game for any other premier League team, he's a Scottish championship player if he's lucky.
He's absolute garbage.

From 3 1 up too 3 3 said it before teams love playing us we pay premium wages for for sub standard players,The rest of Scottish football work on a fraction of the budget and wages than us and still compete at our level.

There was a post on the eve of the season along the lines of in Beale we Trust.

My reply was along the lines; we'll flounder or flourish on the defence.

Well, we know how that has ended and two cups means nothing.

One more week and get rid of the defence and get in proper defenders. Not multi dimensional footballers, but defenders.

Correct

No manager would pick James Tavernier as an inverted right back in this overall team shape.

But the Rangers manager did. For 4 months
Playing him like that not only showcases his defensive flaws but it makes us looks fo uncomfortable attacking, He also getting far more freedom than an inverted fullback,

That was some fecking shot at the end there from them to get their equaliser, but with a ball like that coming down the middle of the pitch, our defence should be either heading it clear or moving in to immediately smother any knock-on.
That we did neither comes down (yet again) to the pi**poor defensive coaching these players have been getting.
The majority of them simply seem unable (sometimes unwilling) to jump for a ball like that.
Get your fecking head in there !

Possibly the fairest result from today against Hearts -- neither side looked anything special tbh.

Just to comment about that second goal for Hearts, where Tav stood off Vargas yet again to allow him to cross and Yilmaz was as bad as anything we've ever seen from Borna in being out of position and hardly bothering to get to the ball or try and block it.
Vargas was made to look like some superstar today -- he must wish that he could play against that "defence" every game.

The fakers and frauds humiliate us till the last. If you think anyone on that park deserves well wishes, let alone a Testimonial, you need sectioned.

This squad is diseased and full amputation is necessary. Get them the fvck out away from Ibrox.

:)) still trying to defend him after all that.

I have no words left, you obviously love being 2nd best like most of the players.
I’m defending someone hung out to dry by his manager.

Didnt hide. Didnt pretend he was injured. Cannot defend. Could never defend.

Cannot attack as an inverted right back surrounded by midfielders running to the D.

I stated after Tynecastle 2017 I never wanted to see him in a Rangers jersey again.

To then watch him become a collosus that every attack relied on, to this, is shameful.

Deliberate destruction of the shape and system, coming 2nd was the outcome.

2 years ago today we were in Seville to contest a European Final.
The regression since then has been meteoric.
Who could have forecast that we'd fall so far so quickly.
This current cowardly team is literally breaking my heart.

The bit where we came from 1 - 0 down to come back to 3 - 1 must give you a little hope as long as we have a Balogun back, we lost the 2 late goals after Davies went off and the finishing centre half pairing was Sterling and King, but if it gives all the moaners a chance to pile in then thats all good I'm away to enjoy the sunshine
It's actually a good reflection of our season. Bad start that sees us on the back foot. We recover and get ourselves in a position where it looks like we're going to do it and then chuck it away.

The rebuild required to fix things is going to take a 2-3 windows at least. I've no expectations at all for next year barring a random collapse from them.

I like Tav but he needs to go, along with many others. He’s dug us out many a hole but he’s now also contrary involved in the calamities.

We are rudderless with a squad full of journeymen with zero identity. This is a mess.

We need an absolute gutting from top to bottom.

The worst thing we could have done was go 3-1 ahead. Before that we were in complete control, Hearts hardly having a sniff. Then, for some reason, we completely sit back, give Hearts all the initiative, creating pressure and chances that they previously hadn't, and no surprise they scored a few.
Summing up, we threw this away. If the manager asked the team to defend our lead it was a dreadful decision in a match where we had complete control. We just let Hearts pummel our box and goals were inevitable.

Worrying also that we’re subbing Dessers to save him for next week.
Couldn’t believe Hearts fans leaving with 15 minutes to go as you just knew there was a finish like this on the cards. Yahoos next week is frightening

Refreshing to hear a commentator not sound so biased on Hearts tv. Get him on sky sports.
They're channel is miles ahead of ours when it comes to their presenters, I like the fella you're talking about he says it how he sees it.

And if I am Sterling I’d be wanting a summer chat about what my role actually is.

It’s not fair in the guy and I wouldn’t blame him for actually wanting to know

Based on what he and PC has said they’ve said he’s going to be a CM but given the rest of the team can’t stay fit, he’s had to see out the season as a magical fitting jigsaw piece.

I don't know if it's 2 seasons, he never put this squad together. He got us back into a league race that we had all gave up on and this has now created a rod for his own back.

Gerrard took 3 campaigns to get it right and starting a new season from scratch. That lot at the end of the day can outmuscle us on the transfer front and their new manager wasn't the mug everybody laughed at.
Gerrard inherited warburton and pedros players and the club just coming out of the grapple of the spivs.

The club has spent around £30 million via GVB and Beale , Tav was 6 years younger.

Look at him today.

Back