Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - RangersTV

18 points from the last 33 available from my calculations since Motherwell at Ibrox.
Whilst we probably all agree we can't be changing manager again Clement will be lucky to survive this now short to medium term depending on how this final goes.
No Rangers manager can survive this sustained run of poor results & poor performances & should next week go wrong he is already halfway out the door as next season starts with him under immediate pressure, new team next season or not.
He now has very limited scope for his new team to bond / settle in as this run won't be forgotten quickly.
He has big decisions to make moving forward with next Saturday being the start
He’s under massive pressure now and injuries etc don’t change that he’s had a complete Horlicks since Murderwell.

PC said yesterday that the squad had come full circle (or words to that effect). Had me thinking that the clear out might be greater than even we think. Possibility Tav goes as well as Goldson and then the obvious ones.
He needs to totally ruthless as if he is not he will be gone.
If fans can see he is not prepared to accept mediocrity and he guts the entire squad then he may have a chance but if he tweaks the squad here & there & performances & results continuealong these lines where we see the same tactics & the same mistakes then he is done

Not being able to hold on to a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes or so remaining against a poor Hearts side in the last game before a cup final sums us up from a mentality and will to win perspective. No wonder Maeda looks forward so much to being up against Tav every game against them - jockey, jockey, jockey and I'm past you, cross, goal. King not good enough at the third.

PC said yesterday that the squad had come full circle (or words to that effect). Had me thinking that the clear out might be greater than even we think. Possibility Tav goes as well as Goldson and then the obvious ones.
I think both have to go. I'm convinced they cannot be looked at as the foundation of an improved side, they have to be replaced. And the debate has also changed from two or three seasons ago: as much as anything else, they're both now older: I don't think either has the legs we need for a 50-60 game season. These problems will only get worse.

I'm not making any excuses for them. The defence needs to be stripped bare and started again.
Dunno how many times it has to be said, Tav and Goldson have 2 years left and are on big money. Unless the Saudis come in (they won't) they'll be starters next season. We are not stripping the whole team in this window, we don't have the cash to do so for a start.

Raskin Dowell KIng Davies and Tav cost us that game and should be shown the door.

McCausland Cantwell and when he came on Silva looked that they wanted to win the game and that was all.

PC and his 7 points behind when he came is now 8 points behind so he has failed. All he has as an excuse which is correct are the injuries. Why when a goal up do we run into our box on the 6 yard line to defend. Any manager or coach that knows his stuff gets the team to defend on the halfway line with a solid midfield and keep the ball.

I thought we would win the cup but without major changes with players coming back which other than Sima I dont see then the scum will run all over us.

We can only hope for a lot of luck and maybe a team with some effort and desire.

Wasn't it 3 - 1 when Davies went off, probably conceded the 2 late goals down to a back 4 of Tav Sterling King and Ridvan, hardly an iron curtain

Not being able to hold on to a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes or so remaining against a poor Hearts side in the last game before a cup final sums us up from a mentality and will to win perspective. No wonder Maeda looks forward so much to being up against Tav every game against them - jockey, jockey, jockey and I'm past you, cross, goal. King not good enough at the third.
Game management was very poor. Don't really remember any decent spells of possession in their half towards the end - we seemed to invite them onto us for the last 10 mins.

It's just going to get worse next Saturday and the players just won't give an ounce of %^*& for what the support will have to go through again.
I don't think they fully understand the effect it has on people.We deserve to have a smile put on our faces next week.They through this league away let us down badly,Feel extra sorry for the young bears who have had to endure them winning constantly basically all there life.

Wasn't it 3 - 1 when Davies went off, probably conceded the 2 late goals down to a back 4 of Tav Sterling King and Ridvan, hardly an iron curtain
More like a net curtain.

The last 2 goals we conceded were just sickening to watch (well all 3 I suppose) but when they got 2, it felt like they would get 3 as our tools were well and truly down.

The amount of people who think our captain is going to be dropped for a Cup Final because of a bad game in a dead rubber kick about.

Not going to happen.
Are you being serious? have you not been watching these same performances for a number of years now.

I don't think they fully understand the effect it has on people.We deserve to have a smile put on our faces next week.They through this league away let us down badly,Feel extra sorry for the young bears who have had to endure them winning constantly basically all there life.
Like they've done for the most part of the last 60 years. Didn't effect me that much, it is what it is and there's f**k all we can do about it. I was a young bear brought up with this, still a bear though and that will never change even if we get relegated to the championship.

Like they've done for the most part of the last 60 years. Didn't effect me that much, it is what it is and there's f**k all we can do about it. I was a young bear brought up with this, still a bear though and that will never change even if we get relegated to the championship.
I'm sorry mate and will no doubt disagree but the last 12 years nothing comes close,they have won just about every trophy and 4 fucking trebles.Its far worse even than what they went through when we done 9 in a row.

I'm sorry mate and will no doubt disagree but the last 12 years nothing comes close,they have won just about every trophy and 4 fucking trebles.Its far worse even than what they went through when we done 9 in a row.
It didn't feel like it at the time, it was only cushioned a bit because Aberdeen and Dundee utd could compete along with Hearts to a lesser extent.

We steamrollered out of that with money, but now we are not even the most powerful club, which we always had been till 2012. They are in control and I have no idea how to shift them.

It didn't feel like it at the time, it was only cushioned a bit because Aberdeen and Dundee utd could compete along with Hearts to a lesser extent.

We steamrollered out of that with money, but now we are not even the most powerful club, which we always had been till 2012. They are in control and I have no idea how to shift them.
I agree with that mate.

Dessers cost the game? With 10 minutes to go we were two ahead and he had been subbed.

Yes he had chances to score before hevwent off, but he did not cost us the game
I really don't know how people can't see where the problem is here. Up 3-1 and we should have just seen it out. Job was done up top, not so much at the back.

Dessers was brutal today.
Was in the main stand today, who was throwing the punches at the top of the stairs in our section?

It's just going to get worse next Saturday and the players just won't give an ounce of %^*& for what the support will have to go through again.
It's payback time for all the players who know there leaving and prob reading on here how pish we think they all are. Probably about to show us there finale performance on sat

It's payback time for all the players who know there leaving and prob reading on here how pish we think they all are. Probably about to show us there finale performance on sat
I honestly don’t believe that a lot of the players are bothered at all or they would have put in a performance after the RC game. I hope I’m wrong but I fear the same old lame pish next week.

Dunno how many times it has to be said, Tav and Goldson have 2 years left and are on big money. Unless the Saudis come in (they won't) they'll be starters next season. We are not stripping the whole team in this window, we don't have the cash to do so for a start.
If that is the case we’re looking forward to more of the same.

Dreading it if ,by some miracle we win the cup next week.
We will "celebrate" a double,thinking everythings alright,when it is blatantly obviously not and a win will only paper over this particular crack/chasm till next season comes around.
We need a complete and major clearout of the deadbeats, and losers in this squad ,give youth a chance,if they're good enough and try and fucking buy sensibly.

Back