Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - RangersTV

Wasn't it 3 - 1 when Davies went off, probably conceded the 2 late goals down to a back 4 of Tav Sterling King and Ridvan, hardly an iron curtain
You could be right mate but I feel Sterling is way better than Davies although he is a fullback and has been asked to play in too many different positions. Lets just say our defenders are just not good enough for Rangers. And Raskin and Dowell dont help and contribute nothing to stop runners in midfield.

A lesson on how to throw a victorty away yet again, it’s becoming habit forming.

Tav as a full back and captain says it all.

Thank goodness that was our last league game of the season .

I will worry about the Cup Final all week.

Dessers misses umpteen chances to score again put the game out of site but lets ignore that it's all Tavs fault again.

This result is a direct reflection on the season.
Poor goals lost, 1 shot 1 goal, poor finishing, generally lack of movement and effort and second to every ball.
Depressing.
Second to every ball utter rubbish if Dessers has his shooting boots on we win that game six or five one.

Yes they do, anyone with even a remote knowledge of football.
Oh well you know best. To me his team selection v scum was bizarre needed legs in midfield chose to repeat the errors of Ibrox. He’s not blameless. Lose the final by playing the same system and picking Lundstram will see his jacket on a shoogly nail.
I hope he succeeds but realistically a Rangers manager who can’t beat the scum is toast

Oh well you know best. To me his team selection v scum was bizarre needed legs in midfield chose to repeat the errors of Ibrox. He’s not blameless. Lose the final by playing the same system and picking Lundstram will see his jacket on a shoogly nail.
I hope he succeeds but realistically a Rangers manager who can’t beat the scum is toast.
A team devasted by injuries like never seen before, most rational people would understand that, hard to win when you have been dealt a hand like that, yes lets sack him and get another guy in that's the way to go lol.

18 points from the last 33 available from my calculations since Motherwell at Ibrox.
Whilst we probably all agree we can't be changing manager again Clement will be lucky to survive this now short to medium term depending on how this final goes.
No Rangers manager can survive this sustained run of poor results & poor performances & should next week go wrong he is already halfway out the door as next season starts with him under immediate pressure, new team next season or not.
He now has very limited scope for his new team to bond / settle in as this run won't be forgotten quickly.
He has big decisions to make moving forward with next Saturday being the start
Next Saturday is not the start. It’s the end, hopefully of a team that’s been in decline and patched up since 55. We hit rock bottom last September and Clement took us to within a couple of routine victories of the league and potential treble. Again the players crumbled under pressure.

A team devasted by injuries like never seen before, most rational people would understand that, hard to win when you have been dealt a hand like that, yes lets sack him and get another guy in that's the way to go lol.
Injuries often inflicted under the eyes of referees who do nothing about it

If that is the case we’re looking forward to more of the same.
Not necessarily if they are told they won’t be playing and to find another club that should do the trick. I don’t think either of them will want to hang about and not be played.

I personally don’t believe we can continue to sack managers it’s what happened when we were doing 9 in a row to the manks. However a Rangers manager who can’t beat them is not surviving is he?
To me the issue is simple we need better owners. People scoffed at Red Bull but that would have provided the funding we needed to improve the stadium and the team. I know it was only rumours just using it as an example.

I personally don’t believe we can continue to sack managers it’s what happened when we were doing 9 in a row to the manks. However a Rangers manager who can’t beat them is not surviving is he?
To me the issue is simple we need better owners. People scoffed at Red Bull but that would have provided the funding we needed to improve the stadium and the team. I know it was only rumours just using it as an example.

Me and one of my mates (I do have them you know) had the same conversation last week.

He's of the same opinion as you. We can't just keep sacking managers etc. Then there's financial aspect in getting rid of managers and his backroom staff.

My reply was you need to, if you appoint the wrong guy in the first place.

I'm not suggesting Clement isn't the right guy and I was very much in thrall with his initial impact. However, the last couple of months have doubts creeping in. And in saying that, I realise the never ending story of our injuries exacerbated the situation.

Me and one of my mates (I do have them you know) had the same conversation last week.

He's of the same opinion as you. We can't just keep sacking managers etc. Then there's financial aspect in getting rid of managers and his backroom staff.

I'm not suggesting Clement isn't the right guy and I was very much in thrall with his initial impact. However, the last couple of months have doubts creeping in. And in saying that, I realise the never ending story of our injuries exacerbated the situation.
That is exactly my view. The team selection was poor at games from Motherwell onwards and at the san giro it was almost 'criminal'.

I'm getting same vibes. Won league Cup, topped Europa group, took 58 points from possible 63 prior to Motherwell game, I really thought we had turned the corner. Lost 9 points to them, lost league by 8 points.
Until we can beat the bheasts regularly, we'll struggle, and we'll struggle until we sort out the midfield against them. I don't think we've competed in midfield since Gerrard left.

Dreading it if ,by some miracle we win the cup next week.
We will "celebrate" a double,thinking everythings alright,when it is blatantly obviously not and a win will only paper over this particular crack/chasm till next season comes around.
We need a complete and major clearout of the deadbeats, and losers in this squad ,give youth a chance,if they're good enough and try and fucking buy sensibly.
Don’t think anyone is under any illusions everything is anywhere near all right

We had a couple of wee tugs at shirts in our box yesterday (some stupid players need to wear boxing gloves if they can't resist the temptation these days) but thankfully Don Bhoy Robertson was in a very good mood (having completed his work earlier) and ignored those.

And a few more yellows would have been fired at us had it been a more important game!!!

Hearts last goal was one that would beat any team - when balls land perfectly your only option is to batter a player out of the way!!!

Getting a few pelters from our Paranoia Police but still I would demand RANDOM officials next season.

Robertson and Collum appearances in the last MAJOR games were unbelievable - the last Septic/ Hearts game went badly wrong but boy o boy did they make up for it!!!!

And I do recognise we had our own blunders - Paranoia Boys and Bhoys

This result is a direct reflection on the season.
Poor goals lost, 1 shot 1 goal, poor finishing, generally lack of movement and effort and second to every ball.
Depressing.
Their final header on for a volley encapsulates our season in a microcosm.
Plus I suppose (Smeltic) their scoring when being behind almost the whole game.
Let’s hope the luck turns around (serious effort for ninety minutes ) next Saturday.

Back