Press Conference Hearts v Rangers - pre match press conference

Borna must have strained a hamstring doing a walk around the pitch on Wednesday.

Farcical.
We all have a laugh about Borna injuring himself in waving goodbye, etc, etc.

But these injuries happen to SO many of our squad, seemingly at random sometimes.

I've now come around to the opinion that it's what is going on in training (including the weights room, etc) that is leading to much of this.

It hardly lends confidence to our hopes of bringing in new players next season that have no history of injuries .... aye, until they joined Rangers that is.
I really hope Clement is having a good look at the entire training and medical staff / routines.

I'm sure the commentator said that Dessers was signalling to the bench and pointing to his hamstring before he came off on Tuesday.

Do we have any strikers available if he is out? Just Silva?

I'm sure I saw suggestions Roofe had already left
He did, I saw it at the time and my heart sunk. But he walked off ok after carrying on for a few minutes.

Stirling OK?
stirling-moss-new-driving-licence-year-11217926.jpg.webp

I'm sure the commentator said that Dessers was signalling to the bench and pointing to his hamstring before he came off on Tuesday.

Why would Roofe have left with 2 games still to play, one of which being a cup final?

I dislike the constant talking about players who cannot start or finish games.

If youre not fit enough to do that then realistically you're not going to impact a high level game like this weekend or next.

Perhaps if it was an easy opponent then youd be tempted to take a risk but it's not really worked before and Id much rather we played players so are inexperienced but actually fit and capable or keeping pace with a game.

Not a great outlook for the next couple of matches.

What's going on with Souttar? This had gone under the radar but if we are missing him as well as Goldson for the cup final we are in all sorts of trouble.

If Sima and Sterling can start next week then we're not far off a strong starting XI and suddenly we have a bit more of a fighting chance

Hopefully Sima can get at least 60 minutes this weekend

Just how does this happen? The amount of players we have who get injured in training is a joke.
Poor preparation for the season number of minutes age test time etc all play part.

In bornas case I think we have known about an recurring injury since before we signed ridvan

Players in general have recurring injuries or manage injuries generally from mid 20s onwards to much football not to have them.

He needs minutes too though, if we want him for 90+ in the final.

Clement said after Dundee he was only meant to do 45.
Yes I completely agree he needs mins. Just scunnered the last few years with amount of injuries our squad gets. It would be another blow if he can't make the final.

He did, and annoyingly, it took 5 minutes to get a sub on to replace him.

We all have a laugh about Borna injuring himself in waving goodbye, etc, etc.

But these injuries happen to SO many of our squad, seemingly at random sometimes.

I've now come around to the opinion that it's what is going on in training (including the weights room, etc) that is leading to much of this.

It hardly lends confidence to our hopes of bringing in new players next season that have no history of injuries .... aye, until they joined Rangers that is.
I really hope Clement is having a good look at the entire training and medical staff / routines.
He has already stated that he is aware of what the problem is regarding injuries, and knows how to fix it (something along those lines)

Just watched the YouTube press conference shared by @Craigie

Clement's barely concealed disgust at the state of the playing squad is there for all to see. Turns out Beale and his crew were complete chancers after all

Clement also mentioned having to delegate more as he's been too involved in things he shouldn't have to be. I personally have thought for some time he could maybe do with another first team coach of his choosing to support him.

He's inherited a shambles

He said that Borna was not training which should indicate that he is out of his plans. Bye Borna. Thanks for the lovely crosses.

He also said Ridvan can't start tomorrow due to the minutes he can play so Fraser will likely start and Ridvan come on second half

As others have said, it’s promising that he is talking about widespread changes being required. There’s no way he is the type to accept the sort of availability issues that we’ve put up for so long - it is right to say that his disgust is barely disguised at the moment

Tomorrow could well see a back four of Tav, king, Yfeko (why risk Davies), Fraser, maybe even McKinnon at some point. Dio and Raskin getting an hour before Jack and Dowell. Cantwell through necessity, with mcausland and silva. I would have said Roofe but sounds like we might get a curveball up top (presuming Dessers is one of the light knocks from wednesday)

As much as it is a dead rubber, what a shambles it could have been going into a decisive match with barely an eleven to pick. Wholesale changes are warranted

Clement's barely concealed disgust at the state of the playing squad is there for all to see. Turns out Beale and his crew were complete chancers after all

Clement also mentioned having to delegate more as he's been too involved in things he shouldn't have to be. I personally have thought for some time he could maybe do with another first team coach of his choosing to support him.

what caught my attention was when he said normally he will only select players who have been in full training for ten days before a game.he had to forgo that principle as it would have been impossible to pick a team.

He has inherited a shambles.

One thing I would say is that he said the injury/fitness situation has been a vicious circle for a number of years so I don’t think it’s fair to put all the blame at Beale’s door.

It was clear as day there was a massive dip when Gio came in, I think we’re still suffering from that + recruitment.

Back