Helander/Fee

Cambuslang Bear

Heard some grumbles that we have wasted more than £3m on Helander. My thinking is that Goldson and Katic know Edmundson and Helander are breathing down their necks for a starting place. If Katic and Goldson continue to play well and improve, then surely the transfer fee for Helander is money well spent. What says FF?

Heard some grumbles that we have wasted more than £3m on Helander. My thinking is that Goldson and Katic know Edmundson and Helander are breathing down their necks for a starting place. If Katic and Goldson continue to play well and improve, then surely the transfer fee for Helander is money well spent. What says FF?

Those grumbles came from morons.

We will have paid what we feel he is worth and based on what Gerrard feels we need for the games we will play.

I think it was assumed by the fans he would be a guaranteed starter, given the fee but Helander was working to the Serie A dates, so will be behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness.

Time will tell but he will play a lot of football this season, as will all four CB’s likely.

Big clubs and top sides don’t have players with an automatic right to play. It’s a big outlay but I’m sure he’ll play plenty games and prove to be a very important player. If we qualify for the Europa League then we’ll rotate the team from Thursday to Sunday most weeks. It’s a brilliant problem to have after years of misery and mediocrity.

Probably the same buffoons that claimed Katic was a waste of £2m last season because Gerrard decided he needed some time on the sidelines. Now look at him. Think I’ll trust our gaffer on this one.

Let's put it simply.

Helander - £3 million
Edmundson - £700k
Goldson - £3 million
Katic - £2 million

Total: £8.7 million

Their new super centre back who couldn't get a start last week - £7 million

Were already playing top value centre backs, Helanders chance may come and I'm sure he'll be ready for it.

We will have paid what we feel he is worth and based on what Gerrard feels we need for the games we will play.

I think it was assumed by the fans he would be a guaranteed starter, given the fee but Helander was working to the Serie A dates, so will be behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness.

Time will tell but he will play a lot of football this season, as will all four CB’s likely.

This is spot on. Lots of fans assuming if he plays in Serie A he must be a superstar and must play. A big dose of reality is needed for a lot of people. But it is a good problem to have

Let's put it simply.

Helander - £3 million
Edmundson - £700k
Goldson - £3 million
Katic - £2 million

Total: £8.7 million

Their new super centre back who couldn't get a start last week - £7 million

Were already playing top value centre backs, Helanders chance may come and I'm sure he'll be ready for it.

Agree but Katic was quite a bit less than £2m.

Gerrard has already said that if your playing well you'll be in the team. Couple that with him not being fully match fit and katic and goldson playing well, then I really don't know what people are moaning at? Some people just open their mouth and let their belly rumble.

12mths from now it will be Helander and Katic that will be our 2 mainstays as CH

I think a lot of us were surprised when we spent that money on him, purely because it didnt seem like the part of the team that most needed attention. We've not spent that money on a guy to never give him a chance though, and he will get it - our seasons weird as well though with these qualifiers that are so important so early in the season, if the big man is say 80% ready why would you chuck him in the Mitjylland for example when you know the other two will do a job and its a high risk difficult game. And you could also say fair play to Gerrard for letting Katic keep the jersey his performances have earned.

Is it only me that liked the look of him against east fife?

I wouldnt worry about what is being said about a player on here. He is getting up to speed so we will see what happens
The idiots saying he is a guaranteed starter because he cost 3m put an unrealistic image expectation of him in peoples heads and thats when the grumbles start

I wouldn't sell Katic or Goldson for £4m, and I doubt the gaffer would. Doesn't that mean he is technically less valuable for our 2 first choice.

I wouldnt worry about what is being said about a player on here. He is getting up to speed so we will see what happens
The idiots saying he is a guaranteed starter because he cost 3m put an unrealistic image expectation of him in peoples heads and thats when the grumbles start
Can’t argue with that. Would the same pressure have been on Grezda if he was a free transfer?

I am just going to assume that anything negative about us this season is an invention of Hollicom. Was this not an 'opinion' from a scottish football 'journalist's on Twitter?

I've heard this from two different and totally unrelated sources as well. It's taken the same form as grumblings about Grezda or Pena.

Hopefully nothing to worry about, but a tad concerning.

Suprisingly this is the one place that isn't moaning about it. Must be a first for FF

I've heard this from two different and totally unrelated sources as well. It's taken the same form as grumblings about Grezda or Pena.

Hopefully nothing to worry about, but a tad concerning.

I'm not worried about it mate. It is just impatient people bumping their gums. I just wanted to gauge the opinion of FF

That's a fair point but its the most money we've spent on a player since Jelavic, if he's not playing there'll always be speculation. If he was a midfielder or a forward he'd have got 10, 20 , 30 mins here and there but you dont do that with centre backs

Have to say, haven't heard any grumbles about it! The signing came as a shock to me, after signing Edmundson I thought we would maybe bring in an 'older head'

Helander's been unlucky with his injury that he's behind the rest fitness wise atm. Sure he'll be a good player, but he has a fight with three other good players for two positions

Probably the same buffoons that claimed Katic was a waste of £2m last season because Gerrard decided he needed some time on the sidelines. Now look at him. Think I’ll trust our gaffer on this one.
Well chuffed wi big Niko's progress knew he would come good for us and having decent competition for first team action will bring out the best across the board.

Can’t argue with that. Would the same pressure have been on Grezda if he was a free transfer?
Probably not but its a bit unfair. Price tags dont mean much, if he is a player then great and i hope he will be. At the very least back up to two bery good cb'. Out whole back line has cost very little and the quality is great so we cant complain

Back