Helander, will he gets minutes today?

Would like to think he would get even the last 30mins, all being well we are comfortably in front and can ease him in to life at Ibrox

Unless he has some specific fitness or injury issue then i’d think he’ll definitely get game time. Gerrard said as much at the start of the week

Don't think so, didn't Gerrard say that he was four weeks behind the others so they were looking at getting him minutes in a closed doors game sometime soon first?

I'm not sure, SG said he was 3 weeks behind in his pre season so maybe next week for him.
I'm sure the sport science guys will know if he's ready though.

Don't think so, didn't Gerrard say that he was four weeks behind the others so they were looking at getting him minutes in a closed doors game sometime soon first?

He said he’ll not play a competitive match for a few weeks. He’ll play some part today I’d imagine

I don't think we will see him until next week against Derby County, when he will get 20-30 minutes. He's miles behind the rest in pre-season. Gerrard did say he would get minutes before the Killie game but wasn't specific about when.

Said he was a few days behind Arfield and SA came off the bench during the week. I think he’ll get some minutes.

He'll definitely get 30 minutes I think.

Signed for us 8 days ago. On day 8 of our training camp I'm sure everyone got around 30 minutes in the bounce match against Mansfield so can see it being the same for big Helander today.

Would like to think he would get even the last 30mins, all being well we are comfortably in front and can ease him in to life at Ibrox

No matter the result we need to give some players game time for fitness. A win would be fantastic, but having a team ticking over and getting the minutes is more important.

No matter the result we need to give some players game time for fitness. A win would be fantastic, but having a team ticking over and getting the minutes is more important.
Agreed my point was just that it is a bit more relaxing and comfortable for a new player to come on when the team is playing well and wining

Like he’s had a week of pre season. In fairness to him, the team were pretty dreadful in the last 30 mins when he was on. As soon as Davis went off we stopped playing completely and could easily have lost the game.
Thought he did ok and a decent 25 mins, however the team were all over the shop.

Not sure if that was because Katic hasnt played with Helander yet or because Katic had a bit of a poor second half.

Cheers, early days for him and not match fit, will need a bit of time to settle in, suspect goldson Edmondson will be first choice pairing to begin with

Back