Help me out here after a Rangers pumping in Europe

The Great One

Advocaat got the Dads army treatment after losing to the UEFA cup winners 3-2 in Turkey

Walter got slaughtered after Turin and Amsterdam

They've got to ask eh?

More than that, there was a time when one commentator, possibly McNee, told us that the European tie we were about to play was much, much more important than the forthcoming league cup final.
Today, we’re told, by people with straight faces that those putting domestic glory before European success are seeing the bigger picture!
The shift in priority is beyond a joke.
Not unexpected, but beyond a joke.

The press are complicate in Scottish footballs decent into the gutter.

They can't bring themselves to be honest and say he is tactically inept.

Mutton said tonight that he thinks the tactics were right, it was the quality of players. Where do you even start with that shite?

Rangers as League champions = best of a bad lot.

Rangers should be judged on what they do in Europe and not what they win in Scotland.

That was the Scottish media line for decades. We don't hear terms like this concerning Celtc, for some reason.

It will be a glum plane load of Celtic people and all their journalist allies. Just a pity that it isn’t a longer journey back.

Moravcik67@Moravcik67_

In Europe we lack composure on conceding, and lose goals in batches.

Legia - 2 in 6 mins
Salzburg - 2 in 5 mins
Zagreb - 2 in 3 mins
Fenerbahce - 2 in 5 mins
Molde - 2 in 6 mins
Hapoel - 2 in 3 mins
Barca - 2 in 2 mins
Astana - 2 in 2 mins
PSG - 2 in 3 mins
PSG - 3 in 5 mins

mentally challengeds are starting to dig

And the media used to say the champions league was the only show in town. Now they say it's a great achievement to be in the Europa League. It was the duddy cup when we played in it. Compliant media. We would have been slaughtered if we had been embarrassed as often as they have. Rodgers is a shit manager. Replacing Lustig with Biton to play against Neymar....what an absolutely ridiculous substitution. He's had it piss easy in Scotland with dare I say it an unfair financial advantage but no doubt the media will be slavering over the invincibles when they pump Motherwell on Sunday.

Do share...
Well we’re now worse off going into the Anderlecht game. They only need to win by 3 instead of 4.

Would it not be worthwhile biting the bullet to give us the best possible chance of finishing 3rd?

This take it or leave it talk is absolute nonsense. Nobody needs reminding we’ve got a long and proud history and that shouldn’t be tarnished by being naive away to teams we cannot compete with. Points make prizes as this level, no matter how you get them. They improve the coefficient which helps.

Record European defeat last season. 3 absolute batterings this season. We’re not learning against these teams. He went 5 at the back v Bayern and it’s the best we’ve played at this level. We controlled plenty of the ball and looked a right good side.

All this “Id rather get pumped trying to play than lose 2-0” is utter garbage. Good teams get more frustrated the longer we stay in the game. We’ve managed it. Scotland have managed it. Greece won the effing Euros doing it.

We’ve got the players who can hurt teams on the counter. I’m all for trying to play against teams like Anderlecht but when we go to places like Munich, Barcelona or Paris, he needs to get real.

I’m not even on to have a go at the team or manager. There were a lot of positives tonight despite the drubbing, but these sort of results can’t continue and I don’t subscribe to Flawless’s “these players can’t defend nd” excuse either. The manager gets paid a helluva lot of money, it’s his responsibility to drill them, until they can.

Thankfully, that Anderlecht performance has cushisoned the blow on what otherwise would have been the most depressing CL experience we’ve ever had. I appreciate the gap is getting bigger but that’s an even bigger reason to adapt accordingly when it matters.

:Develop from a team who lost 7 in its first CL game to one that shipped 7 in its <whatever tonight's one was>?

Given that we're seemingly resigned to losing the players who've most successfully developed throughout that time, it's not hard to see where the argument for being more 'pragmatic' - cliché as that is - comes from.:

Well we’re now worse off going into the Anderlecht game. They only need to win by 3 instead of 4.

Would it not be worthwhile biting the bullet to give us the best possible chance of finishing 3rd?

This take it or leave it talk is absolute nonsense. Nobody needs reminding we’ve got a long and proud history and that shouldn’t be tarnished by being naive away to teams we cannot compete with. Points make prizes as this level, no matter how you get them. They improve the coefficient which helps.

Record European defeat last season. 3 absolute batterings this season. We’re not learning against these teams. He went 5 at the back v Bayern and it’s the best we’ve played at this level. We controlled plenty of the ball and looked a right good side.

All this “Id rather get pumped trying to play than lose 2-0” is utter garbage. Good teams get more frustrated the longer we stay in the game. We’ve managed it. Scotland have managed it. Greece won the effing Euros doing it.

We’ve got the players who can hurt teams on the counter. I’m all for trying to play against teams like Anderlecht but when we go to places like Munich, Barcelona or Paris, he needs to get real.

I’m not even on to have a go at the team or manager. There were a lot of positives tonight despite the drubbing, but these sort of results can’t continue and I don’t subscribe to Flawless’s “these players can’t defend nd” excuse either. The manager gets paid a helluva lot of money, it’s his responsibility to drill them, until they can.

Thankfully, that Anderlecht performance has cushisoned the blow on what otherwise would have been the most depressing CL experience we’ve ever had. I appreciate the gap is getting bigger but that’s an even bigger reason to adapt accordingly when it matters.
It’s good but I am sure they can do better.

For 8 beautiful minutes we were top of the world . I for one am not going to get worked up about losing to a financially doped team who are younger than a lot of our fans. A different formation and couple of new defenders here and there won't change much at this level ( and we are probably talking about the best of the best).
Bring on the Anderlecht:(

They didn’t get beaten, they simply were there to learn and develop as a team for next season. It’s all part of the plan.

Rangers as League champions = best of a bad lot.

Rangers should be judged on what they do in Europe and not what they win in Scotland.

That was the Scottish media line for decades. We don't hear terms like this concerning Celtc, for some reason.

Correct. The problem is no one outside the Rangers' family remembers this type of thing. What we need is for Rangers to employ someone to gather evidence of the double standards, bias and lies. We then present the evidence and expose the bastards.

For the love of god please let that be the last time we are subjected to that wee knob Neymar. Was hoping we were going to see it out at 4-1 but thenthe roof caved in. Not surprised and we won’t be the last side taking a tanking off PSG.
:(

'm on holiday just now in Singapore. As such I never seen the game and have only just seen the score. Whilst it was somewhat predictable it is nonetheless embarrassing and hurtful. I'm here for my 50th. In that time we have went from being European champions to fukn minnows. It's not good enough. We are Celtic. Not some mob from San Marino. Yet Brendan seems to think that these results and performances are acceptable. Well I'm sorry sir but they fukn aren't!! Losing is fine. I accept that we can't compete financially with these khunts. That's fine. But do we need to be ridden like a cheap tart every time we play one of them? If so what's the fukn point of being in that tournament?:cool:

For 8 beautiful minutes we were top of the world . I for one am not going to get worked up about losing to a financially doped team who are younger than a lot of our fans. A different formation and couple of new defenders here and there won't change much at this level ( and we are probably talking about the best of the best).
Or even a team younger than some of their boys’ clubs coaches predatory actions...

Financial doping eh?

Is this when a local authority misuses public funds and political influence to assist a favoured football club and to give it an unsporting advantage?

We should be told.

You get the feeling Rodgers just throws obviously better players than the domestic competition onto the pitch and they do the business more often than not (i.e anyone could do that). The reality is he is a tactically naive manager (just ask the Liverpol fans) and it is unlikely he will get a gig in the EPL again.

Perhaps he is happy letting his (relatively speaking) overpaid players dispensing with the canon fodder up here and will continue to do so. Only one club can realistically put him and his team in their place up here - god I hope it is sooner rather than later.

PSG v Celtic heat map:

DPRGl16XUAAZeJ4.jpg
DPRGl16XUAAZeJ4.jpg
VFl7GH4.jpg

You get the feeling Rodgers just throws obviously better players than the domestic competition onto the pitch and they do the business more often than not (i.e anyone could do that). The reality is he is a tactically naive manager (just ask the Liverpol fans) and it is unlikely he will get a gig in the EPL again.

Perhaps he is happy letting his (relatively speaking) overpaid players dispensing with the canon fodder up here and will continue to do so. Only one club can realistically put him and his team in their place up here - god I hope it is sooner rather than later.
He would get a job with a bottom half EPL side but not a top side.

Warburton got slaughtered, quite rightly, for refusing to adapt his tactical approach based on the opposition and for failing to address the weak points in the defence

Brenda does exactly the same and he’s a genius. Go figure

And the media used to say the champions league was the only show in town. Now they say it's a great achievement to be in the Europa League. It was the duddy cup when we played in it. Compliant media. We would have been slaughtered if we had been embarrassed as often as they have. Rodgers is a shit manager. Replacing Lustig with Biton to play against Neymar....what an absolutely ridiculous substitution. He's had it piss easy in Scotland with dare I say it an unfair financial advantage but no doubt the media will be slavering over the invincibles when they pump Motherwell on Sunday.
When they pump 9 man Motherwell.

PSG have an unfair financial advantage.
Brought to you by Glasgow City Council FC, in conjunction with the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.

5 million over two seasons to pay a guy to manage a team my wee sister could.

Been punped in more European cities than a lorry drivers GoodYear

#anothertruestory

When we were singing about 9 in a row whilst being pumped by Juve etc we were called narrow minded & parochial.
Any bets the great unwashed will be praised for being defiant during adversity.

5 million over two seasons to pay a guy to manage a team my wee sister could.

Been punped in more European cities than a lorry drivers GoodYear

#anothertruestory
Nice wee stat I heard on the radio last night,

Rogers has been in charge for seventeen CL games with the poets and Liverpool,

He's won two.

'm on holiday just now in Singapore. As such I never seen the game and have only just seen the score. Whilst it was somewhat predictable it is nonetheless embarrassing and hurtful. I'm here for my 50th. In that time we have went from being European champions to fukn minnows. It's not good enough. We are Celtic. Not some mob from San Marino. Yet Brendan seems to think that these results and performances are acceptable. Well I'm sorry sir but they fukn aren't!! Losing is fine. I accept that we can't compete financially with these khunts. That's fine. But do we need to be ridden like a cheap tart every time we play one of them? If so what's the fukn point of being in that tournament?:cool:
I particularly enjoyed that one

Oh good the Brenda doubt is starting to creep in. Hopefully, despite their ridiculous behaviour versus us, Motherwell take the League Cup on Sunday too.

Nice wee stat I heard on the radio last night,

Rogers has been in charge for seventeen CL games with the poets and Liverpool,

He's won two.
That’s because he’s not a good manager. The near title season with Liverpool was mainly down to players not signed by him, including Suarez going next level.

Back