Henry Winter

Always liked Winter tbh. Someone else will snap him up. Print journalism is on the way out, but written isn’t. It’ll all be blogs etc eventually.

Henry Winter is being made redundant by the Times. Print journalism has finally died.

Great journalist. I'm sure he will move to bigger and better opportunities. Very much the Times loss. The material he puts out there is well reasoned and a joy to read at times. Sorry that he's going through that process but I'm sure he will have plenty of offers coming his way due to his reputation and body of work.

He'll still get plenty work as a freelance no doubt. I mean if a fanny like Spiers can still get his shite printed.....
I dont think he can any more. Which is nice.

However im sure he has a paid patreon site which i find utterly bizarre.

He must be down there with that crazy Bheast blogger that begs for money continuously.

Again, which is nice.

Lie with dogs etc

When I worked in PR, I had to phone him for something (I can't remember what it was for but it wasn't one of my accounts). He was pleasant enough but you could tell he did not give a single fück what I was pitching him :D Just humoured me.

Guy is completely cashed up, owns multiple properties was on a massive wage (500k wage annually).

I imagine he'll just do TV appearances and won't get another print job, especially considering ChatGPT and a good editor could replace him.

Shame as he's one of the better ones.

Hopefully the CFG stooges Oliver Holt and Martin Samuels are next.

Can't go Winter at all. Reminds me of that awful, smug, self-important, Sunday Supplement era of football journalists who thought they knew better than anyone who had watched, played or managed in the game.
He is a smug git and full of his own self-importance, but at least he can back it up to an extent and has respect within the game. It's when you have nonentities like Spiers displaying a superiority complex, you really get the boak. The guy is a joke figure with zero credibility. Then there's bitter twats like Stewart & Sutton stealing a living from the game. No, while Winter isn't someone I'd choose to sit and have a pint with, I'd read his articles and listen to his views above Spiers, Stewart & Sutton any and every day of the week. And yes, I know that's a low bar.

Winter works freelance for Talk Sport Radio on a Sat/Sun morning, he won't be short of a bob.

He's 61 years old, took me by surprise...suppose it reminds me how old I am now lol

Loved a moan about England fans singing "f*** the Pope and the IRA" back in the day.

Smarmy bastard whenever he's on Talksport.

H
Shame as he's one of the better ones.

Hopefully the CFG stooges Oliver Holt and Martin Samuels are next.
Holt is a condescending prick. He also can’t handle anyone with alternative viewpoints, as seen on Twitter where he blocks reasoned (and polite) debate. He even admitted so a while back about being too trigger happy in that sense.

NINTCHDBPICT000058057150-e1541188679993.jpg

Martin Samuel now the main man at The Times, awful journalist. Just read his articles on PSR/FFP, completely clueless

Henry Winter wrote some good articles about our Europa League run if I remember rightly.

Thanks to the fuds who reminded me of that God awful Sunday Supplement program though.

He's been laid off because he's no longer of use to his paymasters to peddle whatever narrative is deemed promotable.

The MSM is not any working class guys friend.

Martin Samuel is a fat, hairy piece of shit but will probably work for a daily plate of pie and chips and 50 quid a week, just to keep his name in print. So only one winner there really.

We're in the death throes of all this stuff now though. I can't imagine anyone under the age of thirty cares what these dinosaurs say anymore.

Can't go Winter at all. Reminds me of that awful, smug, self-important, Sunday Supplement era of football journalists who thought they knew better than anyone who had watched, played or managed in the game.
Sky definitely gave rise to ‘superstar journalists’ who thought they were the final word on football.

He wasn’t as bad as some but….’The names Bond, James Rodriguez’

Back