Herrera

We_are_the_prso

Am I the only person who thinks we should try giving him a run?

The 2nd striker thing still seems to be a problem to me. I don't see it being with cummings or miller. Certainly not moh or dodoo. Is the only person we don't already know for a fact, that could be the partner for morelos, herrera?

In hindsight does he have the right attributes? He hasn't really had a chance. Maybe tell him he has 270 minutes to shine over the next 3 games or he's off in the summer?

I think he clearly wants to be here so that's a small start. I just think while this 2nd striker still seems to be a gray area why not give him a chance? How can he possibly adapt just by coming on as a sub now and again.

I'd try 442 with murphy and candeias wide, the usual back 4, goss and docerty for now centre mid. Get the ball down the flanks and Crosses into herrera and morelos.

Thoughts? Or have you given up on him?

I don’t think he looks very good, he looks so limited particularly in our system.

However, it’s also true that the guy has never gotten a fair chance. A few minutes here and there when games have already faded and the foot has come off the gas, is no way to see a player’s true worth. In that sense I feel for the guy, because he clearly wants to play and clearly wants to do well. He’s not doing the sulky foreigner routine because things aren’t going his way, so credit to him for that.

1. Morelos 2.cummings 3. Herrera in that order. I personals like two up top and Morelos and Cummings will score for fun, they will only improve when they understand each other’s runs ect. Herrera for back up/sub is good imo

The manager who signed him didn't rate him enough to give him much game time.
The current manager doesn't rate him enough to start him against lower league teams in cup competitions.

I think that tells us all we need to know.

The guy hasn't been given a fair crack at the whip, but there are a couple of important points:

1. How do you drop a guy like Morelos? You can't.
2. It speaks volumes that Cummings has already got more game time (or close to it) than he has since the summer – the staff must no rate him too highly.

I like Herrera, but I'm a sucker for a guy with a good attitude, I can't say what little we have seen has been great.

He seems to be a genuine guy but would rather have Miller as back up for the remaining games of the season. In fact, I wonder if anyone knows a club in China that's looking for a striker...

I think he would be good in a two up front, gives us someone to hit crosses into as well. I think back to the ross county away game at the start of the season when he came on and scored a lovely finish into the corner to finish off the game, he hasn’t really been given the opportunity to showcase his talents.

He seems to be a genuine guy but would rather have Miller as back up for the remaining games of the season. In fact, I wonder if anyone knows a club in China that's looking for a striker...

Ah, that comment in the Morelos to China thread on deadline day where someone wrote:

"I wonder if the Chinese think we all look the same and we could send them Herrera instead" :D

Fraserburgh would have been the ideal game to give him a run out.

I think it speaks volumes that he never started that game, he doesn’t have the trust of the management team to do anything other than see out the last 10-15 minutes of a game.

I tend to agree with the assessment though, I cannot see him being successful going forward, in a Rangers team looking to compete for trophies.

Have any of you watched him warming up at like half times at Ibrox? Watch his passing ability next time and see if if changes your mind....

Have to be careful of being over critical of our players on here but observe that his accuracy could be improved a little.

He tries hard though there are a few others that don’t necessarily put in as much of an honest shift.

The 2nd striker thing still seems to be a problem to me. I don't see it being with cummings or miller. Certainly not moh or dodoo. Is the only person we don't already know for a fact, that could be the partner for morelos, herrera?

In hindsight does he have the right attributes? He hasn't really had a chance. Maybe tell him he has 270 minutes to shine over the next 3 games or he's off in the summer?

I think he clearly wants to be here so that's a small start. I just think while this 2nd striker still seems to be a gray area why not give him a chance? How can he possibly adapt just by coming on as a sub now and again.

I'd try 442 with murphy and candeias wide, the usual back 4, goss and docerty for now centre mid. Get the ball down the flanks and Crosses into herrera and morelos.

Yes i think you are, hes shown very little to merit a game even over a 38 year old Kenny Miller.

1. Morelos 2.cummings 3. Herrera in that order. I personals like two up top and Morelos and Cummings will score for fun, they will only improve when they understand each other’s runs ect. Herrera for back up/sub is good imo
I’d have miller ahead of Herrera too

Morelos and Cummings look brilliant - early signs anyway.

Both bust a gut, can finish and link up play is strong. I dont see how anyone can look at throwing in Herrera to disrupt that. I even put Miller in front of him.

No thanks. Would likely mean omitting Cummings or Windass. Too big a gamble based on what we’ve seen so far.

He is definitely not a lone striker thats for sure.

What I can say though is I really thought he was going to score yesterday. I've noticed him a few times when he has come on get into some decent enough positions only to not receive the ball.

I wont get into bashing the guy as he has a good attitude and definately gives his all. Truth is Morelos is undroppable and he isnt a lone striker. If he wants a chance he will just have to bide his time.

Don't see him making it with us but to be fair to the man , his attitude would appear to be spot on .

He actually looks like he came here to give it a go, more than can be said for some others.

He’s looked decent once in a rangers jersey the cup game at Partick in extra time, other than that he’s been poor.

Looks slow and for a guy his height doesn’t win many headers. Don’t see him getting a sniff with Morelos and Cummings and probably miller ahead of him.

I really wish him well but I don't see him being a success with us, specially now he has no confidence. One thing that doesn't help is folk continuing to see him as a big target man.
He looked to have a good touch initially but that's gone probably partly because he's not playing.
Sorry, Lalo.

Thistle away in the league cup is the only game I can think of where he's had any kind of impact whatsoever. Mostly he comes on and does a couple of simple things but generally struggles to get involved or get on the end of any chances.

It does look like he really wants to play and do well, and I like him for that, but sadly there's nothing there to convince me that he's going to be of much use to us at all.

Seems a nice big guy but just dont think hes suited to british type game maybe be more suited to a slower pace

We are fighting for 2nd in the league right now, we are not a charity and simply cannot afford to gamble our league position in the hope that some colossal waste of cash becomes relevant. If we were somehow comfortable in certain games and points wise then i would maybe throw him a bone.

I didn't want him in the team before January so with the arrival of Cummings i would hope to see even less of him. No harm to the big man, i just don't think he's good at all.

Cummings has scored the same amount of goals as Herrera has all season in his 278 minutes of football so far.

It would be a bit weird to discount Cummings and Morelos as a potential partnership after 1 game together where they both scored.

In all honesty with Herrera, he looks even worse than Garner and Waghorn last season.

In all honesty, I think that Cummings and Morelos are too similar to be a good partnership

(And I hope that I am wrong)

But if you watch them both - they are the type of players that when they get the ball in the box, their instinct is to get a shot on goal.

Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes the other player is in a better position and a less ‘selfish’ striker would lay it off.

Got to love the big guy,quite happy to come on late (big smile on his face) and get stuck in.
I think he loves playing for the Famous.:)

Look he seems a nice lad but he is not anywhere near a good enough footballer. He is in my opinion really poor. He has had enough opportunities to show something, he offers nothing to the team, Cummings Morelos and Miller have better link play, holding up play, finishing, movement, positioning even heading. Every time i have seen him go up for a header he misses it by a yard. If you aren't prolific (and we know he isn't) then you have to offer something else to the team like Darcheville did.

A friend of a friend was told at the start of the season that Pedro was advised to go for Louis Moult who had scored 20 odd goals for Motherwell the previous season.

He declined and went for Herrera.Seems a honest big fella who does run about a lot but I don’t think we’ll see him next season

I think Herrera is already surplus to requirements even in the limited game time he's had I can't recall him making any decent impact. It's a shame though I had high hopes for him along with Pena but I just don't think he is suited to our style of play.

Pedro really has a lot to answer for with regards to Herrera and Pena both expensive buys who never really played. Baffling to say the least.

Can't fault his attitude. He really hasn't had any luck. Yesterday a decent cross the defender toes it away from him onto the post and the ball comes back into the keepers arms. Hardly his fault when you can count his time off the bench in seconds rather than minutes.
Like all the subs they need longer than 20 minutes at the end particularly when the game is done.

Cummings has scored the same amount of goals as Herrera has all season in his 278 minutes of football so far.

It would be a bit weird to discount Cummings and Morelos as a potential partnership after 1 game together where they both scored.

In all honesty with Herrera, he looks even worse than Garner and Waghorn last season.

Is that Cummings or Herrera?

Back