He's Magnificent, and he's 68 today

World class footballer - motivational manager and changed Scottish football. The word
Legend was invented for men like him. Remember outstanding pass pinged to Cooper in an old firm - effortless

Great times great memories being sent of in his first game gave us the famous line in the boozer... one half and I'm off or one hauf and I'm aff.... absolute legend happy birthday Mr Souness

Loved him , hard bastard against wales peter Nicholas went over the top on davie pro an three mins . Later Nicholas exited on a stretcher courtesy of souness

Rangers announced him as our new manager the day my son was born.

Still remember it as if it were last week. Unbelievavble day.

Happy birthday Mr Souness. A find player and Magnificent indeed.

One of the things to consider about the above video is that the England midfield that day consisted of midfield superstars in their own right, but more importantly a real mix. Coolness in possession from Wilkins, passing range and goal threat from Hoddle, and the all round package that was Robson, and our man probably rated higher than all of them.

Was delighted to find out i shared a birthday with the magnificent bastard and been fortunate enough to have met him too.

I remember that day in 1986 when it was announced that Souness was our player manager.
The biggest ever signing Rangers will make in my lifetime
I was working down south at the time.
I couldn’t wait to see footage on tv of him.
Very little Scottish football coverage in London

EzwmsFjXEAI26Ai

Back