Hetate branded a cheat by former ref Des Roach

uneasydaz

Reo Hatate 'cheated' to try to win a Celtic penalty against St Mirren, according to a former top ref.

Des Roache has pulled up the Japanese midfielder after he hit the deck during the first half of Saturday's 3-0 Premiership victory for Brendan Rodgers' title chasers. The Paisley side were proving to be awkward opponents and while Hatate broke the deadlock with a great strike after the break, he resorted to desperate measures to find a breakthrough during the first 45.

He knocked the ball one side of Marcus Fraser before going the other, but went to ground with no chance of collecting the ball on that side. The Buddies defender was clearly unhappy and ref Steven McLean waved the Celtic man up. Replays showed there was no contact whatsoever with Fraser and Roache has now accused Hatate of cheating and being "at it" in his attempts to win a spot kick.

He told the Behind the Whistles podcast: "For me, I thought he was looking for it. I thought he went down extremely easily and he looked to initiate the contact and for me, that's simulation

"What I was surprised at was that Steven McLean never caught it. I know it can't go to VAR because it doesn't take into consideration cautions for yellow cards. That's all simulation is sanctioned by. But Hatate was at it. I would say it was a dive.

Do you think if it mattered and got the pen and they won 1-0 he would be saying the same ? I don’t .

Reo Hatate 'cheated' to try to win a Celtic penalty against St Mirren, according to a former top ref.

Des Roache has pulled up the Japanese midfielder after he hit the deck during the first half of Saturday's 3-0 Premiership victory for Brendan Rodgers' title chasers. The Paisley side were proving to be awkward opponents and while Hatate broke the deadlock with a great strike after the break, he resorted to desperate measures to find a breakthrough during the first 45.

He knocked the ball one side of Marcus Fraser before going the other, but went to ground with no chance of collecting the ball on that side. The Buddies defender was clearly unhappy and ref Steven McLean waved the Celtic man up. Replays showed there was no contact whatsoever with Fraser and Roache has now accused Hatate of cheating and being "at it" in his attempts to win a spot kick.

He told the Behind the Whistles podcast: "For me, I thought he was looking for it. I thought he went down extremely easily and he looked to initiate the contact and for me, that's simulation

"What I was surprised at was that Steven McLean never caught it. I know it can't go to VAR because it doesn't take into consideration cautions for yellow cards. That's all simulation is sanctioned by. But Hatate was at it. I would say it was a dive.
Almost as bad as the other wee Kamakaze Furuhashi , for some reason never highlighted in the way Cantwell and Silva are...?

What I was surprised at was that Steven McLean never caught it.

Yeah it is a strange one every week at least one of their players goes down easily looking for a penalty and all the officials miss it.

McLean sees what he wants to see and usually it benefits that mob or is detrimental to us. An absolute shitebag since he got slaughtered for making one decision that celtic and their hordes in the press didn't like. Goes out of his way to please them now

So Silva was quickly booked for a dive against them. VAR intervened and the card was rescinded and a penalty given to us. Why was Hatate never booked for what was a blatant dive?
Because VAR doesn’t get involved if the referee got the decision right

Their team is full of cheating diving bastards, has been for decades. The only difference is we call out their layers out for doing it, they deny and cover up like lots of other things.

McLean's one of the ref squad who will probably be getting a medal for his work at the end of the season

a cowardly bastard who has been cowed by them and their media

Good to see them get publicly called out for once

Considering its a game by game occurrence. And if we are honest, no xenophobia, it is predominantly - though not solely - their Japanese players.

However, scandalous down playing of what occurred:

"...but went to ground with no chance of collecting the ball on that side..."

The sort of dive that you seldom see these days because of so many cameras. There was zero, ZERO!, contact. He flung himself to the floor with no-one near him. I didnt know any player was stupid enough to dive this way anymore.

Roache talks about him clearly diving, which is good. But "initiating contact". I don't believe it was even that

One of the most disgraceful dives in Scotland in years. And when you consider what Kyogo has got up to in that time!

Why didn’t the ref award a penalty? I’m assuming because he knew there was no contact?
So he must know that the Japanese player dived and tried to fool the ref

Any other player at any other club gets booked for that….. but we all know how it works up here

Reactions: TNT
Mental the pelters Silva got the other week, yet this wee cheating rat barely gets a mention. Same as the litter picker up front, runs into opposition players and falls over rubbing his head , not a f#ckin peep about it. Wee bastard spends more time on the deck than he does on his feet.

So Silva was quickly booked for a dive against them. VAR intervened and the card was rescinded and a penalty given to us. Why was Hatate never booked for what was a blatant dive?
It's Celtic mate, they get reffed different from us.

Dessers goal should have stood.
Hatate should have been booked.
Amazing that Desmond Roach disagrees with 2 decisions that suit Ceptic.

Back