Hetate : The celtic players are emotionally and physically fatigued

That’s an…interesting way of looking at it :))

No idea how you could come to the conclusion that their teams cycle has ended when the majority of their team has only been playing together for a few months, and they’ve closed what was a huge points gap last year.
It's just an idea, but I would say their new manager's recruitment was scatter-gun and he's coached them into the ground.

And Terrible european campaign. Like truly awful. Didn't show any improvement on the previous year.

They have also had some amazing refereeing decisions in their favour. While we've had the opposite.

We started the season with some inexplicable cloud over us then lost our manager who was the source of inspiration to the majority of the team.

We then had to replace him mid season.

We've been poor but I'm not buying the Big Ange's a genius nonsense.

It's just an idea, but I would say their new manager's recruitment was scatter-gun and he's coached them into the ground.

And Terrible european campaign. Like truly awful. Didn't show any improvement on the previous year.

They have also had some amazing refereeing decisions in their favour. While we've had the opposite.

We started the season with some inexplicable cloud over us then lost our manager who was the source of inspiration to the majority of the team.

It was almost as if Ange had bought from an untapped market and the Japanese were doing some sort of revolutionary way of playing football because they ran about 100 mph for most of a match

Fast forward a month or two and they are on their knees. Their wonderful striker has been out for weeks/months with injuries etc

They have also been found out that they can’t actually play football. Just pass it around and knacker the headcases out. They don’t like the odd hefty challenge either

There’s a reason the Japanese league is shit and that the Japanese national team is shit as well.

i read this interview on another website and it insinuated this was how Hatate felt about himself, not the team. He's played like a full season and a half considering he arrived at Celtic after the Japanese season finished. Heard some rumours he's not settling at the club.
Funny you posting that, because i was about to do similar regards that article. If you ignore the caption, the article is all about himself saying he's tired.

However, given it's about them, I'm delighted with anything that might build up resentment and anxiety amongst their ilk. B-D

They’ve recruited better than I ever thought they could, or would tbh.

I think the fact they were 25 points behind are are now 6 ahead says it all really. They’ve done better than anyone I know (and include their own fans) thought they would this season. Most were content to simply see the gap narrow, which shows how far behind they were.

REO HATATE admits "emotional and physical fatigue" is kicking in with the games coming thick and fast for Celtic at the business end of the season.

The Hoops midfielder has been a hit since arriving in Glasgow in January after joining from Kawasaki Frontale.

Early goals in his Celtic career against Hearts and Rangers made an instant impression with the Parkhead faithful, but his performance level has dipped in recent weeks.

Hatate admits he is finding the hectic Scottish fixture schedule difficult, but he is hoping to adapt his game to help his side clinch the Premiership crown with five games remaining.

He told Sportiva: "Since my debut against Hibernian I've felt the intensity of the European game and played a number of games. The fact that I've kept getting appearances shows that the team trusts in me and that's given me a lot of confidence.

"But for what feels like the first time, I'm definitely feeling emotional and physical fatigue. It's been three months since I arrived in Glasgow and getting used to a new environment on and off the pitch has been trial and error.

"In Japan there were ways I could refresh myself and take a mental break but that's difficult when you're playing so frequently.

"There are times when can't make a run on goal, or hold back on the attack to preserve the team's balance, and I have to recognise my fatigue.

"For the national team I had to go to Australia, then Japan, and back to Scotland. It was my first call-up as an overseas player and I was confronted with the difficulty of maintaining your condition while traveling and then immediately having to get results for your team.

"When you're away from your team on national team duty there's a chance you can lose your position.

My first day back at Celtic there was a moment that I saw two balls and was clearly jetlagged but in Europe you need to be tough enough to stay fit and fight for your position.

"So to start against Rangers gave me a lot of confidence. It was huge to be able to help create the equaliser.

On the match sheet I didn't score a goal or record an assist, but it was huge that I was able to leave my mark on the team's victory.

"Daizen (Maeda) talked about how even though the team has been building on what it's been doing, those of us who joined mid-season have added our own strength and helped push us into first place.

"I definitely feel tired but I want to keep doing whatever I can to help the team win the league, and I think I'll become tougher and stronger as a result."
Get your excuses in early as they say.

If this doesn’t help us this season it will help us next year. All their signings hit a purple patch and were energised joining a new team. Once they are playing SPFL dross weekly while travelling back and forward for their country it will be a different story.

Also, if he’s feeling the ‘intensity’ of the Europa Conference league just wait till he’s in the UCL.

I’d like them to blow a large portion of their budget in jota

Vickers is a good player I’d rather he left
How's vickers going to do next season when he has to keep his hands off his opponents?

Every game I have seen him he is pulling and hauling and players. Fouls that will be pulled up by VAR

REO HATATE admits "emotional and physical fatigue" is kicking in with the games coming thick and fast for Celtic at the business end of the season.

The Hoops midfielder has been a hit since arriving in Glasgow in January after joining from Kawasaki Frontale.

Early goals in his Celtic career against Hearts and Rangers made an instant impression with the Parkhead faithful, but his performance level has dipped in recent weeks.

Hatate admits he is finding the hectic Scottish fixture schedule difficult, but he is hoping to adapt his game to help his side clinch the Premiership crown with five games remaining.

He told Sportiva: "Since my debut against Hibernian I've felt the intensity of the European game and played a number of games. The fact that I've kept getting appearances shows that the team trusts in me and that's given me a lot of confidence.

"But for what feels like the first time, I'm definitely feeling emotional and physical fatigue. It's been three months since I arrived in Glasgow and getting used to a new environment on and off the pitch has been trial and error.

"In Japan there were ways I could refresh myself and take a mental break but that's difficult when you're playing so frequently.

"There are times when can't make a run on goal, or hold back on the attack to preserve the team's balance, and I have to recognise my fatigue.

"For the national team I had to go to Australia, then Japan, and back to Scotland. It was my first call-up as an overseas player and I was confronted with the difficulty of maintaining your condition while traveling and then immediately having to get results for your team.

"When you're away from your team on national team duty there's a chance you can lose your position.

My first day back at Celtic there was a moment that I saw two balls and was clearly jetlagged but in Europe you need to be tough enough to stay fit and fight for your position.

"So to start against Rangers gave me a lot of confidence. It was huge to be able to help create the equaliser.

On the match sheet I didn't score a goal or record an assist, but it was huge that I was able to leave my mark on the team's victory.

"Daizen (Maeda) talked about how even though the team has been building on what it's been doing, those of us who joined mid-season have added our own strength and helped push us into first place.

"I definitely feel tired but I want to keep doing whatever I can to help the team win the league, and I think I'll become tougher and stronger as a result."

I thought Japanese never surrendered!

How's vickers going to do next season when he has to keep his hands off his opponents?

Every game I have seen him he is pulling and hauling and players. Fouls that will be pulled up by VAR
Remember its still going to be the same refs that will be reviewing it. The same refs that blatantly ignore plenty of shirt pulling every game.

If we are being fair I can kind of understand Japanese players with a full season behind them.

But no excuse for the rest

Anyway I hate being fair so %^*& the lot of them
The 2 newer Japanese arrivals had 6 weeks from the end of the J League season (4th December) to playing Hibs on their debut (17 January), then a 9 day break to their next game vs Hearts. They probably got a better break and preparation than most players would in a normal pre-season.

What he's experiencing is cultural adaptation, a process which takes a long time to normalise when you emigrate and find yourself in a completely different environment. It starts off with the 'honeymoon phase' and after a while dips into 'crisis phase'. We saw they had some very good performances at the start, which have seriously tailed off as the hype is evaporating around them and the pressure builds. Let's hope Postecoglu persists with them while they're off form, and that they are having a negative effect on the rest of their teammates.

Whilst it’ll be too late this season, they won’t be able to sustain what they’ve done into next season.

We should be winning the title next season
I’m hoping you are back where you belong at the end of next season but I’m still crossing my fingers for a wee slip up in Dingwall this weekend…

Funny you posting that, because i was about to do similar regards that article. If you ignore the caption, the article is all about himself saying he's tired.

However, given it's about them, I'm delighted with anything that might build up resentment and anxiety amongst their ilk. B-D

Also gives the media (lol) the chance to ask Angie about the team feeling tired. Gets it into their heads.

Reo A tattie

tattie.jpg
That mad hair cut on top of that tawtie would make that amazing haha

Can’t help feel as though a lot of people are jumping the gun a bit here. They lost a game to us in extra time. The previous match they won 5/6-0 and they’ve been unbeaten in months domestically.

Talk of them facing a crisis or being unable to handle pressure is very premature at this stage, imho.

If they drop points this weekend it would have some valid grounds perhaps, but right now it’s far too early to say.

Exactly. We only have ourselves to blame.

No matter what other stuff has happened this year. We have thrown away stupid points all season

1 point at feckin Tannadice!!

We really have blown it ourselves, the Tramp 3 - 0 defeat was easily.our worst performance of the season all other games we have dropped points, and I know it happens, have all been avoidable, snatching draws from the jaws of victory :confused:

Let's face it...we've fecked up the league this season.

Too many draws against dross and we couldn't raise our game when the usual suspects did...Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs etc. They're absolute garbage but we couldn't beat them when they did their usual playing like their lives were on the line. The buck stops with us.

It's a sickener and handing them group stages on a plate when they've been pathetic in Europe is tough to take.

That said, we've done so well in Europe, that even with 2nd we've got a good shot of getting there.

For me, the Jury's out on GVB but last week shows he deserves a chance to get his own men in and build a team. I STILL have doubts but hey ho.

Celtic? You know you always say your main rivals are "not that good" but ffs, they really are NOT THAT GOOD. We gave this this and that hurts.

It will take little to topple them again though if we go about our business well. The signs are good.

Apologies if I've written off the league but I have done. It's gone, forgotten, let's do well in Europe and get the cup. It's a healthy state of mind to be in, I assure you.

They’ve recruited better than I ever thought they could, or would tbh.

I think the fact they were 25 points behind are are now 6 ahead says it all really. They’ve done better than anyone I know (and include their own fans) thought they would this season. Most were content to simply see the gap narrow, which shows how far behind they were.
It really doesn't "say it all".

They have been incredibly lucky and that runs out and they get 'fun out'. We've also been our worst enemy and had some really bad luck.

We have to beat Motherwell on Saturday and put a little bit of added pressure

If Ross County could somehow get a win it would make the last 4 games very hard for them if we can beat them in OF game at Parkpaed

What a last 3 games we would have to look forward to and the EL semi final legs too

You can see they are running on empty despite an 8 day break ffs
Lots of "ifs" there. Frankly I cannae see it. They know we're on the front foot and they're flagging. I think the reptiles will just be able to make it under the wire though.

Scummy basturts.

Remember its still going to be the same refs that will be reviewing it. The same refs that blatantly ignore plenty of shirt pulling every game.
It will be interesting to see what happens the first time they score a goal that is offside or a shirt is pulled in the box and Crocker announces that it's not been checked by VAR

Why is he talking about helping create the equaliser?

From the league game rather than the cup game I presume so must be an old interview.

Look at the fallout since the game the other day and Madden wasn't even that bad. I mean he was bad, but not the way Celtic are saying...he was bad for both teams.

Can you imagine the uproar if they'd had some of the decisions we've had go against us?

They'd want Hampden burnt to the ground if they were denied that penalty at Dundee Utd where Sakala was dragged back.

That extra time on sunday has killed them,they're knackered and drained and the pressure on them is mounting.
Ross county owe them one,after bring cheated out of the points previously and only a point away from european football now,they'll be up for it.
If they drop points and we do motherwell and then go to their dump,the groin brigade will be on their cases the longer they aint winning and we can nick a win again and its chopper sunday all over again.....we can do this.

Can’t agree with you here mate. They are where they are because of the ridiculous points we dropped.

It’s a combination of things. They’re where they are because of a massive winning run.

It’s been helped by their lack of euro involvement, imo, but they have been very consistent, wether we care to admit it or not. I don’t think we’ve looked as dominant during and real run of games this season as they have for a few months now.

Good point regarding Europe, I think that shows the level of their team hasn't changed a whole lot from last season

I do think it's pretty galling when you look into the season as a whole and the amount of offside goals scored by celtic and such, sure we have ourselves to blame but this Celtic team are no good team at all, making it probably even more annoying. They do dominate teams now and then and you have to say okay fair enough, but when you look into some of their results in a bit more depth it's usually a repeat of; their opponents spurn easy chances (chances far easier than ones they score against us) and almost all of Celtic's opening goals seem to come from offside positions or totally baffling mistakes from their opponent. It's just been a weird season all round. Both Celtic and Rangers have been poor in general in the league, in my opinion anyway.

What a brilliant end to the season if they totally implode and are left with only the League Cup to show for their efforts.

I would love to see the response from Hartson and Sutton, not to mention the meltdown and full scale attack that would come big angie's way from the demented hoards that follow that horrible club.

Anything is possible.

If these County players want some motivation for Sunday read above.. also will wantin some karma of their own for the 97th min cheats equaliser
They say these things even themselves out? If so County will score their winner in the 94th minute after 3 minutes were awarded.

I’m hoping you are back where you belong at the end of next season but I’m still crossing my fingers for a wee slip up in Dingwall this weekend…

It is not far fetched for County to take points off them this weekend.

Then if we beat them at the Stade Gadd, they've got a tricky home match against Hearts after that with the pressure on.

You never know!

While I don’t disagree with that, we won’t have the same advantages (if any) this summer as we had last unless we win the league.

It’s criminal that we are where we are.

Whilst it’ll be too late this season, they won’t be able to sustain what they’ve done into next season.

We should be winning the title next season

Back