Hibs 2 Celtic 0

ibrox1975

just watched today’s game, points to note
A. Hibs fully deserved to win the game, this was no fluke
B. Hibs have great pace and control
C. Hibs out muscled Celtic throughout

What a bad time to be playing them back to back...

I doubt they will have that level of performance in them again in 3 days but it will be tough.

Prior to today they had won 1 in 8 games. Today was the surprise. Hopefully their exertions have taken a toll and they revert to type on Wednesday.

My hope is they shot their load today. Important thing for us is to score first, we've a poor recent record there of doing it. We'll also get space to move into, if we're quick & accurate enough.

We should not be worrying about that little fannys side.

If we are and get beat we should just forget about any league challenge.

The problem with us is we have a tendency to start away games very slowly and have found ourselves going behind and try to chase the game. The spoon burners came out with a very fast aggressive start today and I expect they will do the same on Wednesday and we need to match that attitude. We should have enough to beat them and I’m fvcking tired of us giving Lennon the bragging rights over us.

All it does is highlight that the league will not be won on old firm games but games v everyone else.
Hence dropped home points v sheep and Dundee are killing our title challenge.
This is a good hibs team we're up against away and home, more so at Easter rd.

Acid test of our credentials and I like the fact that we're confident going into these games but not based on anything I have seen recently.

Next 3 games are crucial for confidence for the 29th.

Might be the bottle of red talking but I see no reason why we can't take all 9 but I'd be happy with 7.

They beat us twice at Ibrox last season and we were lucky to beat them at their midden

I agree with other posters
We play better v teams that have a go
Our weakness is trying to break down teams with 10 behind the ball

Hibs will have a go at us which suits us as we can’t break down teams. We just have to be up for it and switched on as Lennon will have them fired up. Hibs have been honking this season, so their victory today was probably more about how poor Celtic were tbh.

One of the main things I took from their game today was the fact that Hibs pressed the absolute life out of them at times.

They were up in their faces and were absolutely relentless at hassling and making it difficult for the tims.

We simply must do that against them at Ibrox on the 29th.

ReAlly despite our only challengers getting beat there today ? Whilst we should win football can be a strange game , forgetting Abbott a league challenge would just be stupid should the worst happen .

Hibs will have a go at us which suits us as we can’t break down teams. We just have to be up for it and switched on as Lennon will have them fired up. Hibs have been honking this season, so their victory today was probably more about how poor Celtic were tbh.
Did you see their game today?
As I said in the original post, Hibs didn’t let Celtic play.
They out played, out thought and out muscled them.
Could we do that to Celtic?
Perhaps but I’ve not seen us do that to them for a long long time.
We will need to be right up for this on Wednesday

Hopefully the spoon burners burnt their spoons out whilst trying against the smelly cnts today. 2-1 to us at their shite hole.

I’m genuinely thinking that. Having gone on such a poor run recently, they can’t beat septic AND take points of us straight after, can they?

It will be very hard against that mob at their place I hope SG has the troops fired up for what I believe will be one of our most difficult games away from home, we have no settled defence, we will change our striker and may make more changes elsewhere, going by past games, anyway we will fight on and give them a game, and hope our momentum carries us forward.

The perfect time to play them as they will think we’re easy as they beat Celtic.

Why the phuck did they not sell out their three stands and give us and the papes a full stand. Hundreds of empties.
Their fans put pressure on their board to cut the away teams allocation as they wanted more Home fans there.

It’s working. That must have cost them 200k yesterday alone.
Great reason why fans shouldn’t run football clubs

They beat us twice at Ibrox last season and we were lucky to beat them at their midden
They had beaton to thank for one result.
A penalty that never was for another.
A shitebag referee to thank for us not winning the 5-5 game.
They also got away with a clear goalscoring opportunity being denied and a penalty in the early stages of the game you think we were lucky to win.

Their fans put pressure on their board to cut the away teams allocation as they wanted more Home fans there.

It’s working. That must have cost them 200k yesterday alone.
Great reason why fans shouldn’t run football clubs
Disgusting from Hibs. Working class people wanting to support their team, thousands of empty seats and bears wanting tickets. Hatred is killing football in this country.

HIV's also pressed them high ie the Crash Barriers box like Salzburg did and every team has that has shat all over them.

They can't handle it.

Will we learn come end of this month??

I fooking hope so.

I wouldn't base anything on today. Another 5 of 6 changes by the mentally challengeds and an experimental formation.

They're not happy with Brenda being so arrogant.

Disgusting from Hibs. Working class people wanting to support their team, thousands of empty seats and bears wanting tickets. Hatred is killing football in this country.

Sums up Scottish football in a nutshell there hatred against us and wanting to destroy us set our league back at least 5 years and even now but are too blind to see it

Wednesday is a fantastic opportunity for us to make a big statement after their defeat there. Let's do it Rangers..No shitting of the bed please

He will have them fired up and playing the same way against us, we need to show them all that we have the bottle to stay top of the league.

Yesterday was more about the shortcomings of the mentally challenged team Rodgers fielded than an outstanding Hibs performance.

Their back 3 were all over the place and Izzaguire and Sinclair struggled badly in the wing back positions.

There's not a single player in the Hibs side that would get in our team.

Hopefully Hibs play the same attacking formation against us, as it will suit our game perfectly, as opposed to playing against a deep lying defensive team.

I expect 6 points against Hibs.

The mentally challengeds with Lustig, Tierney, Boyata and Rogic back against us will be a tougher nut to crack, but certainly beatable.

Back