Hibs not happy celtic players werent cited

Burke can't be cited because there wasn't a foul awarded to him. That's the rules.

I'm glad Hibs have spoke up though. Really sick of it just being us who are trying to highlight this sort of thing, the more clubs speaking out the better because there's no way this current system is fair.

How can the Hibs boy get booked but then be offered a 2 match ban tonight instead? Yet Scott Brown crunched a Hibs player (again! Pretty sure he done the same player a while back?) and nothing happens. Then Simunovic gets away scot free as well. Pathetic.

The media have a lot to answer for.

Neither was a foul awarded against McGregor.

The Hibs lad can play tomorrow, yet Rangers AGAIN are fast tracked and lose Alfredo..??! Not good enough Rangers, simply not good enough. A ban is one thing, but the SFA going out of their way to ban our players when others are left available for other teams is a genuine scandal..!

Another fact for your growing list @buc11
Did Hibs appeal though surely they wouldn't be that blatant to organise a hearing just for Rangers,yes they probably would they did it in the past for Kenny Miller.

These are some of blessed Brendans comments.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers believes a challenge by defender Jozo Simunovic on Hibernian striker Oli Shaw did not merit any disciplinary action.

It was a strong challenge, an aggressive challenge," Rodgers said.

"But I think defenders will tell you when you jump in with a young striker, you have got to be strong and committed in the challenge. I think it was that."

Another incident from Celtic's 2-0 win on Wednesday did result in retrospective action, with Hibernian defender Darnell Johnson facing a possible two-match ban for his challenge on Celtic left-back Emilio Izaguirre.

"There is a thirst nowadays to over-analyse absolutely everything," said Rodgers, whose side host St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup on Sunday.
"But sometimes you have got to think it's a good challenge that doesn't need analysis and you get on with the game. But I understand everything gets analysed now."

There you have it Brendans views have been upheld.

That's the most pathetic dive I've ever seen.
In reply to this I was about to add a gif of the Guidetti dive against the Watery Farts from a few years back but there isn't one. Strangely enough, when you Google it, you get numerous links to the Schalk Ross County stonewaller.

Seems someone has been doing some housekeeping!

That's the first I've saw the incidents together, that fucking 3 metre dive was unbelievable,the elbow was a sore yin by the looks of it and that dick Brown's attempted %^*& knows what is signs he's done.
They are pulling out all the stops to %^*& us over once again, please God let 55 end these bastards they don't have our supporters and would genuinely lose a lot of glory hunting whankers when the tide turns. WATP

Raging through the press will achieve the same results as the dignified silence routine, nothing. Keep bending over, keep getting pumped.

Neither was a foul awarded against McGregor.
People really need to switch on to the criteria for citing.

If someone dives but does not win a penalty or get an opponent sent off then there is no action to be taken after the game.

Whether that is right or not is a different argument but as of now that's how it stands.

The Hibs lad can play tomorrow, yet Rangers AGAIN are fast tracked and lose Alfredo..??! Not good enough Rangers, simply not good enough. A ban is one thing, but the SFA going out of their way to ban our players when others are left available for other teams is a genuine scandal..!

Different things entirely mate. Alfie was sent off during the game so the ban kicks in immediately (subject to appeal at a Fast Track hearing). Hibs boy, like McGregor, was cited afterwards so ban has to wait for the hearing. Mcgregor too can play today as his hearing isn’t until Tuesday.

We’ve lots to be angry about but weaken our case when we get the facts wrong.

If someone dives but does not win a penalty or get an opponent sent off then there is no action to be taken after the game.

Whether that is right or not is a different argument but as of now that's how it stands.

I don’t know why people keep trying to justify things decided by the compliant officer.

The Hivs boy being cited despite being booked shows they make it all up to suit.

If one of our players had dived to try to win a penalty in the ludicrous manner that Burke did, trial by mhedia would demand a ban and they would clearly get it as yesterday’s show trials prove.

Thugs and cheats, but they’re a protected species in this country. We as a club need to highlight the inconsistencies and favourable treatment given to the mentally challengeds. Call the corrupt b@stards our at every opportunity, starting with the 3 blatant incidents at the Chamber of Secrets on Wednesday v Hibs.

Craig Thomson again. Two weeks after showing us his strong bias.

I don’t think Hibs have done anything wrong. They clearly wanted all the incidents to be cited but the SFA ignored them.

People seem to think the Celtic-Hibs relationship is as it was a year ago. McGinn changed that because Hibs refused to knock a fiver off his value. Since then Celtic have done them no favours whatsoever, and even refused to let Allan go on loan and save themselves a wee bit in wages in the January transfer window despite the fact he’s away in the summer anyway.

Last edited:
I don’t know why people keep trying to justify things decided by the compliant officer.

The Hivs boy being cited despite being booked shows they make it all up to suit.

If one of our players had dived to try to win a penalty in the ludicrous manner that Burke did, trial by mhedia would demand a ban and they would clearly get it as yesterday’s show trials prove.
You are just making things up now.

Read the criteria for citing then come back.

Why is Lewis Ferguson not being citied like the Hibs player who had been booked, and the Lego Eater for that matter.

I honestly don't understand why you can't cite Burke. The whole, nothing was awarded so he didn't gain an advantage is bullsh*t.

He cheated to try and win a penalty. So because he doesn't get the decision everything is okay? If people are really serious about curtailing diving players need to be banned after game regardless of what happens at the time.

I honestly don't understand why you can't cite Burke. The whole, nothing was awarded so he didn't gain an advantage is bullsh*t.

He cheated to try and win a penalty. So because he doesn't get the decision everything is okay? If people are really serious about curtailing diving players need to be banned after game regardless of what happens at the time.
Look what happened to Aluko he got cited and got a ban.

HIBS rejected the Compliance Officer’s offer of a two-match ban for Darnell Johnson following his challenge on Celtic’s Emilio Izaguirre.
And SunSport understands Hibees are raging that Jozo Simunovic, Scott Brown AND Oliver Burke escaped punishment for incidents during Wednesday’s Parkhead clash

Johnson, who joined on loan from Leicester last week, left Izaguirre in agony after a challenge during Celtic’s 2-0 win.
But he later took to social media to insist there was no intent in the tackle.

He tweeted: “I always try to challenge fairly.”
Hibs have now backed their defender, who is free to play in this afternoon’s Scottish Cup clash with Raith Rovers.

And at the same time they are privately aggrieved Simunovic’s challenge on Oli Shaw, a Brown tackle on Mark Milligan and an alleged dive by Burke were not deemed worthy of being cited.

There was no alleged dive, I've seen it.

It was worse than Jordan Jones dive in October, where Jones was banned for two matches.

Clare Whyte it seems is not partial, she clearly chooses who should be punished based on who they are employed by.

She is a Celtic pawn in the SPFL set up. Something else that underlines that fact, is that there is no information on her, she's well and truely set up to aid the filth.

Being privately aggrieved is pointless.
Either say something about it or accept it.
2rn92c9.jpg

Why is Lewis Ferguson not being citied like the Hibs player who had been booked, and the Lego Eater for that matter.
The referee is asked if saw all the incident and is happy with his decision. If he feels has missed something that merits a red card it is then reviewed. If he says he saw everything and is happy with his original decision the case is closed.

I don't agree with what has and hasn't been cited since Wednesday but that is down to the process as it currently stands

The criteria needs changed but until then no action can be taken in such incidents like Burke's

The criteria needs changed but until then no action can be taken in such incidents like Burke's

The criteria doesn't seem to matter currently so why should it have to change? McGregor gets cited, yet Ferguson doesn't? Retaliation is always seen as worse in football, why was he let off then?

These rules are absolute bonkers, yellow card by the referee and then upgraded to a red and offered a two match ban and can still play in the Scottish cup tie.

Referee takes no action against McGregor and had a clear view of it, CO offers him a two match ban.

So in effect the referees are being totally undermined by the very people who employ them, by making these decisions they are making referees look stupid, fair enough if they miss incidents, but they are over ruling decisions referees have already dealt with, If these people think referees got it wrong,then why don't they take the place of the referees.

Let's look at another scenario, If the same people can change decisions,then why with all the video evidence do they allow goals to stand and rob other clubs of points when other teams cheat to win penalty's by blatantly diving. Yes there have been players cited for it but it doesn't make a jot of difference to the team the player cheated when the punishment is after the game has finished days earlier and his goal from a penalty that never was still counts and the other team lose points, why isn't the result ammended and the goal removed.

Look at the Jordan Rhodes dive,given a two match ban for simulation,earned his side a draw by doing so and cost Dundee two points, so given they are admitting to Rhodes cheating why didn't they remove the goal,award all three points to Dundee as it would have finished 2-1 and deducted two points from Kilmarnock and removed the goal from Kilmarnocks goals for total.

How did Rhodes cheating and being banned for two matches actually help Dundee when they were the ones cheated out of all three points and lost two points that could be vital in any relegation battle.

Jones, not Rhodes.

The criteria doesn't seem to matter currently so why should it have to change? McGregor gets cited, yet Ferguson doesn't? Retaliation is always seen as worse in football, why was he let off then?
Read my previous post or read the criteria for citings.

I don't disagree that their seems to be inconsistencies but it is the process that is flawed. Until changed this is always going to happen.

Wait till one of ours dives in an important game we win on tv and that rule will change before the final whistle blows.

The referee is asked if saw all the incident and is happy with his decision. If he feels has missed something that merits a red card it is then reviewed. If he says he saw everything and is happy with his original decision the case is closed.

I don't agree with what has and hasn't been cited since Wednesday but that is down to the process as it currently stands
Ferguson incident is the same, or perhaps worse than McGregor's and was only a yellow. Why has McGregor been cited?

He wins penalty. Burke didn't.

You have to compare like for like.

Btw I don't think Aluko dived.
I know he didn't, Christie is at it all the time that's two obvious dives recently that he has not been booked for yet your getting citied for other aspects of the game that the ref didn't deal with or I should say Rangers are being dealt with.

I know he didn't, Christie is at it all the time that's two obvious dives recently that he has not been booked for yet your getting citied for other aspects of the game that the ref didn't deal with or I should say Rangers are being dealt with.

You forget that Christie was "injured" by Morelos "stamping" on him at Ibrox, so he's clearly still distressed and simply falling over due to his head not being in the right place. That'll be the sportscene narrative.

Ferguson incident is the same, or perhaps worse than McGregor's and was only a yellow. Why has McGregor been cited?
I have explained what happens in the process.

The process is flawed but until that changes then these inconsistencies will always arise causing confusion and anger.

If Clubs are not happy with it then they need to brings it up at the next SFA AGM

Again. It's the process that is flawed and needs to change.

The criteria, as it stand, has been explained. It's bordering on a farce now but the club's need to change it.

While I agree with the sentiment they aren’t the same. Morelos wasn’t cited it was an appeal.

Like the Hibs lad McGregor was cited, he can play tomorrow too

Again. It's the process that is flawed and needs to change.

The criteria, as it stand, has been explained. It's bordering on a farce now but the club's need to change it.
I totally agree with you but it is only our Club that is constantly baring it .

Boo fucking hoo!
HIVs can rage all they fucking like. Them, the sheep and those arab bastards are all chiefly responsible for the situation whereby the system has been allowed to be completely inundated with mentally challenged bastards to ensure celtc get the breaks on every decision they need, and likewise, everybody else gets shat upon...unless their opponents are Rangers, naturally.

The whole corrupt system is laughable, yet that mob still claim it's a Masonic conspiracy against them?!

Back