Hibs on Wednesday

Hubs will press us and not give us a second on the ball. It won’t be 11 men defence but we will be vulnerable to the counter attack unless we learn to defend. Difficult game but who knows? Perhaps Hibs will fold back into under performance mode - because that always happens when they play us!!!

Not confident for this one at all, but at least we have Morelos back. We need to match them from the off as they will be very fired up for it. The midfield is still a huge concern, although they won’t sit in so Tav and Barisic should be able to get forward.

Our performances against them last season were awful for the most part (although the refereeing decisions were abysmal in the first game at Ibrox.) If we can get any kind of win I will be delighted.

Conventional wisdom around the league has it that Rangers lack creativity and a consistent goal-scoring presence, therefore the best way to get a result is to pack the midfield and defense and then gamble that over the course of 90 mins. opportunities to score will present themselves. Will TLB play safe and follow suit, or will he opt for a more aggressive attack-minded strategy?

I see us winning quite comfortably. But lets see the difference in celebration in the lurgan racist bigot if they are to score against us compared to the "celebration" he had the other day against the mhanks.

Tough game for us this one. We need to match them in midfield. Recently this is where they have dominated us a bit. Obviously hoping we beat them convincingly but our form in't great and they will have got a shot in the arm (sorry couldn't resist it) from skelping the tramps. 3 points via a narrow victory.

I see us winning quite comfortably. But lets see the difference in celebration in the lurgan racist bigot if they are to score against us compared to the "celebration" he had the other day against the mhanks.
What did said fkpig do, or should I say not do.

Play to our strengths Hibs won’t get near us.

Play like we did against Aberdeen / Dundee, we’ll be lucky to come away with a draw.

Players need to step up and believe in themselves - a plucky 2-1 win!

It was 2 going on 5 for them on Sunday. Looks like they've rediscovered form at the worst possible time for us. Porteous at the back and Horgan (I think) in the midfield were phenomenal. Need to keep composure, focus and discipline because they have players who can hurt us. Luckily they also have Efe Ambrose so 4-2 Gers

We struggle against teams who sit back and defend.

Hibs can’t - and won’t - do either of those things.

Conventional wisdom around the league has it that Rangers lack creativity and a consistent goal-scoring presence, therefore the best way to get a result is to pack the midfield and defense and then gamble that over the course of 90 mins. opportunities to score will present themselves. Will TLB play safe and follow suit, or will he opt for a more aggressive attack-minded strategy?

We’ve scored most goals in the league.

Lennon will have his players target Morelos.

He needs to stay focussed and give the Hibs defence a torrid time, keep 11 on the park Rangers and I’m confident we will get the 3 points.

Should be a more open game as Hivs will be offensive, which hopefully should suit our pace on breaks.

Yep Lennon will certainly field his strongest team against us. He almost looked apologetic at the end of Sunday’s game.

Makes you sick !

who gives a shit. he's taken more points off that lot than we have. 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats in 5 league games. Keep that up and he can wear a celtic top while managing against them for all I care.

Tough game on Wednesday. We've shown a tendency to bottle in the bigger domestic games this season, and I think results are demonstrating we caught Hearts, our best win domestically on paper, at the perfect time. I'll predict a tight game with us edging it 2-1, wouldn't be entirely surprised by another high scoring draw mind you.

Last time we went top we lost to Aberdeen and drew with 10 man Dundee.

Ive got no confidence that we’ll win on Wednesday. They’ve consistently let us down in these type of games the last few years so I’ll be delighted if they prove me wrong.
I'm being facetious. However, these 1:0 wins, like on Sunday are getting too much for my old nerves.

Last time we went top we lost to Aberdeen and drew with 10 man Dundee.

Ive got no confidence that we’ll win on Wednesday. They’ve consistently let us down in these type of games the last few years so I’ll be delighted if they prove me wrong.

Exactly this.

We know Rangers could turn up, play very good and beat Hibs. If we play the same way we did at Tynecastle and Killie away earlier in season then we win the game, regardless of how Hibs play.

On the other hand we have seen to many poor perfromances and when we get a high like going top we get brought back down with a bang. The Aberdeen and Dundee performances the other week proves that this team are capable of a shocking performance.

For that reason I am not confident and wouldnt be suprised if we lose on Wed.

You would actually think we were going to play the Harlem Globetrotters of football, rather than a highly inconsistent Hibs side reading this thread, jeezo lads reign the fear in a bit its a riddy!

Match their intensity and play our own game and we'll be fine.

You would actually think we were going to play the Harlem Globetrotters of football, rather than a highly inconsistent Hibs side reading this thread, jeezo lads reign the fear in a bit its a riddy!

It’s embarrassing the bed wetting on this thread, board and support in general these days.

Constant negativity, talking down our chances and criticising the team. Maybe a symptom of the past few years but is it any wonder the atmosphere in Ibrox is so poor when these thoughts prevail constantly.

Lennon will send them out to press us right from the start.

We're allowed to press them as well though and if we do so throughout the match i fancy our chances.

December's alive again after the weekend results and three points here would be massive.

Can see a tight 1-0 win, with a backs to the wall performance. Game will be won in midfield and we need to be up for the battle there.

Tags, it's not what they do, it's down to whether we'll turn up or shite the bad - again.

I can’t wait for this.
Going to be blood and thunder. They’ll be right up for this and we better be as well.
We win the battle first and then we earn the right to play football.
I don’t think itll be boring anyway.

I was more impressed by Hibs than Rangers at the weekend. We can win if all our players deliver a 7/10 performance and we have Morelos back.
Hibs 3 Rangers 2 is my prediction but it could go the other way.

I actually think Hibs away could suit us. I think we’re at our best when we’re counter attacking teams and I think Hibs will be in our faces and pressing us for the full 90.

We just have to be sure of our passes into midfield as that’s where they are really strong. Any bad touches will be pounced upon and they’ll be driving straight at our defence.

I think we’ll win 2-0 or 2-1 but I don’t think it’ll be comfortable.

Can see a similar type of game (and hopefully result) as our 2-1 win there last season.

I'm buzzing for this, love a festive trip to the boozer to watch the Gers. Shame I'll be hanging in work on Thursday but it's my last day so f*ck it.

I think this will tell us a lot about this group of players.

It’s a huge game in terms of knowing that Lennon will ensure his players treat it like another cup final.

They will be out to wind up Morelos, kick and cheat and fight and wail for anything they can get away with so we need to make sure that we match that intensity, but display enough composure and quality to pick up all three points.

We’re going to need to be at our very best.

Let’s hope we are.

Hibs will be fired up as they did very well on Sunday, I predict 2-1 Hibs they are stronger in midfield then we are and performances of late have been appalling. Half day off work to head through to that midden tomorrow night buzzing but don't fancy a result least the day out will make up for it.

Back