Hibs players diving

Refs shouldn´t have to put up with this cheating they should be carding the culprits and this cheating will soon stop. Statement needed from SFA.

I actually think it impacted on Porteous game. He seemed more intent on either getting Rangers players booked or trying to injure them. If you want to make a name for yourself as a hard defender don’t be rolling about holding your head when someone touches the middle of your back.
A Diva who needs to the centre of attention!
Embarrassing Rhat.

It's part of the game and our players know it. This Rangers team go into games every week knowing that opponents are refereed to a different standard than they are. ( I'll mention Clancy and also the fouls-per-card stat which has been posted on here for perspective)

Alfie would be all over the media if he dived around like Kyogo or Porteous and likely pulled up for retrospective action if not booked on the spot.

These double-standards mean our players cannot be as aggressive as our opponents, and again I will use Alfie as an example of a player who has had to adjust and tone down his natural physical approach to football due to the colour of his football shirt. ( Contrast with Brown for example)

Kent was sick of getting kicked last night with no action taken, absolutely delighted for him that he won the penalty just before getting replaced and it bagged us the points.

Pacific Quay CSC and lackeys at the SFA are responsible for putting officials under the microscope and in the headlines rather than letting them do their job when it involves Rangers. ( look at Beaton last night he almost didn't award us that stonewall penalty)

I'd like to think our staff and players are aware and have the smarts to deal with what is basically anti-Rangers corruption in Scottish Football.

I think a lot of teams use this method of going down easy because they tend to get some success from it against us. Whereas, we would get hammered.

If the lay down and play football they're just going to get beaten on most occasions so they've got other tactics they resort to. Shit tactics but there you go.

There’s a Compliance Officer?
The compliance officer is only there to look at one team, they don't seem to call out any other team. The big bad Rangers, take up most of there time, so therefore players from other teams have a free pass to conduct themselves as they see fit. How did McGinn, manage to avoid a yellow card, after the dissent he showed to the referee at the penalty decision . Standing in front of the ref, screaming in his face. I'll bet the compliance officer won't look at that either.

Thought the Hanlon one was one of the worst, despite Porteous many attempts.

He got turned by Morelos - I think - on half way line and knew he was out of position. So he goes down grasping his knee. Rangers players wondering wether to play ball out so he could treatment, which we ended up doing. McGregor looked like he wasnt happy - I felt exactly same way.

Sure enough after 5 mins of the magic sponge Hanlon is up and OK. We now have ball back in our own half with 11 of them back in position.
They had the same tactics all night to break up the game.

I actually think it impacted on Porteous game. He seemed more intent on either getting Rangers players booked or trying to injure them. If you want to make a name for yourself as a hard defender don’t be rolling about holding your head when someone touches the middle of your back.
He constantly gets caught up in the pantomime and results in him constantly making mistakes. Could be a good defender if he wasn’t such a gimp.

The compliance officer is only there to look at one team, they don't seem to call out any other team. The big bad Rangers, take up most of there time, so therefore players from other teams have a free pass to conduct themselves as they see fit. How did McGinn, manage to avoid a yellow card, after the dissent he showed to the referee at the penalty decision . Standing in front of the ref, screaming in his face. I'll bet the compliance officer won't look at that either.
Hibs and celtic are nicola’s and spfl’s teams, they hate us, that’s a classic and I’m not surprised anymore.

Just haven’t heard a peep out of him for a while now, not since Griffiths case was put in cold storage.

Refs have a difficult job and it is time the SFA back them up by charging players with simulation and aggressive behaviour towards the referee/linesman. It is highlighted in almost every game and yet nothing happens. If the SFA/SPFL stepped up, it would stop.

Ryan Porteous dived 3 times in the first 21 minutes.

The 2nd was so egregious the ref stopped the game to have a word with him.

Have you ever heard anything so embarrassing? A centreback! Who fancies himself as a hardman. Diving 3 times in a match. And Porteous managed that in just the first 21 minutes.
I hate giving the guy the time of day but he's genuinely an utter fanny. On top of all that stuff you mentioned, I saw him screaming towards the Rangers fans when Aribo but that chance into the side netting. Kinda like that Ajer used to do for the tims.

He might be a decent enough spfl manager but i dont like Jack Ross, i wonder if he will behave the same way and ask his players to do as much cheating in the final.. pretty obvious they are told do whatever it takes to get one of the opposition sent off when Hibs play Rangers.

Porteous is a fucking cheating bastard that hates us.His antics vs us are an embarrassment.
He needs a right good hiding tbh.

How much time goes into this at training do you think. Seemed to be every time a Rangers player came within 2 feet of a Hibs player he fell over then several got in the refs face calling for a booking. Time referees clamped down on this obvious cheating and not be conned so easily. Seems to be happening with all teams we play against at the moment. Don´t see it so much with our team.
Hivs like the wee Japanese have had a reputation for this for some time.

Conversely, there was one moment in the first half where Hibs player cut inside Borna and he turned and just lost his footing and fell. No contact whatsoever and to be fair he never claimed for it but we got a foul. Tremendous for us but it was a shocking piece of officiating.

This is trend started and mastered by Aberdeen under McInnes. I noticed it a long time ago and mentioned it on here. Referees like McLean and madden bought right onto with them when they played us. Now it is nearly every team at it. Another thing they do is collapse anytime they think we are on the attack if they are short handed defensively. Happened at least twice last night and I remember McGregor going nuts when Hanlon was down acting and some of our players didn't know what to do. In the end beaton stopped play,wrongly as it was not a head injury or anything serious. Just a big dumpling trying to stop the flow. Strangely after a wee rub down he finished the game without a problem. Cheating is a big part of the game up here, especially against us and referees seem to enable it. How many times did the fud ajer do it last season. Cheats.

Thought Tavs booking was a joke as well. He didnt dive but the hibs player fell over his own feet and tav stole the ball, free kick, baffling
Agree with you, however, did Tav actually get booked, on RTV re went for his pocket, but for some reason they werent sure.

Looking on skysports app there is no booking showing.

That’s why I laughed at their penalty complaints. They spend the whole time going down under the barest of touches.
Boyle gets decisions like that week in week out. The only difference last night was that Kent, had contact from happy boy. Boyle running at pace will fall over once he is in the box. It's a sight to behold, cross the line, player comes near him, Boyle falls over. They have a cheek to complain about a stonewall penalty. Their tactics seem to be, when they are chasing the ball, be over aggressive in the tackle. When they have the ball and we make a challenge winning the ball, they go down feigning injury, whether there is contact or not. Jack Ross, coach of the dark arts.

Agree with you, however, did Tav actually get booked, on RTV re went for his pocket, but for some reason they werent sure.

Looking on skysports app there is no booking showing.
Yeah not showing on flashscore either, did see him go for his card but sky sports cut away before it was shown, but a graphic appeared saying he was booked so not entirely sure

Almost every tackle against them they were in Beaton’s face looking for him to take action.
Fair play to Beaton he didn’t take the bait.
I seen the highlights from their game on Saturday at St Johnstone where they were always at the referee - especially Porteous. Resulting in a player getting a harsh red.

FFS Newell was even moaning because the ref gave a drop ball when it had hit him!

Back