Hibs thugs show Motherwell how to hurt us

The Gooner

After hearing Walker tell the nation on Sky how Hibs were nasty and how he liked it I’d say you ain’t seen nothing yet. Motherwell to my mind are usually one of the worst for the dark arts. We are going to have to toughen up and fast if we are not to drop further points.

The best way of course would be to take our chances and put the game out of sight as early as possible. If it’s to be a battle for the points I do wonder if we are capable of going toe to toe and coming out as winners.

As for tonight it’s different because we will be allowed to play football and I expect us to win a game of football.

After hearing Walker tell the nation on Sky how Hibs were nasty and how he liked it I’d say you ain’t seen nothing yet. Motherwell to my mind are usually one of the worst for the dark arts. We are going to have to toughen up and fast if we are not to drop further points.

The best way of course would be to take our chances and put the game out of sight as early as possible. If it’s to be a battle for the points I do wonder if we are capable of going toe to toe and coming out as winners.

As for tonight it’s different because we will be allowed to play football and I expect us to win a game of football.
Yes no doubt Motherwell have players who can mix it when they have to.
They also have a few yahoos in their team,who will be extra up for it, none more so than bitter mentally challenged Stephen Gerard O'Donnell, who never tried for his team,at the potato dome a couple of weeks ago,and was Celtics MOTM.
Anything less than three points will be disappointing and will hurt.

Dirty players are nearly always that way because they are trying to make up for a lack of skill or quality against their opponent. Hence why we are not like that as a team. The greater issue is how we react to teams who do that to us. That is where I feel we have often failed in recent years.

Motherwell are also full of mentally challengeds

O’Donnell, Gallagher, O’Hara, Watt, Donnelly, etc who will not hold back

It’s obvious referees won’t protect our players

2 games in a row clear red cards have gone unpunished and nasty tackles are now being encouraged by bitter mentally challenged scum pundits like Walker

If our players did this we would be punished

Referees are cheating bastards “who know what’s at stake” this season

Dirty players are nearly always that way because they are trying to make up for a lack of skill or quality against their opponent. Hence why we are not like that as a team. The greater issue is how we react to teams who do that to us. That is where I feel we have often failed in recent years.
We need someone willing to mix it and stand up to this sort of aggression. We have no one in the team who will. We all to often collectively shit it.

It’s hardly a new phenomenon though, is it? How many teams are overly physical against Gerrard’s sides knowing it’s going to put us off our game/our players will wilt?

Did Tav’s programme notes not allude to it too?

Walker is an arse. What would he be saying if it was his mob.

Every team knows the best way to play against us.

Most of the time they don't have the quality to get a win but every so often a diddy team will get a result.

Not often but it all adds up and over the season it will leave us 10+ points behind the mentally challengeds come March unless something is done to address it.

Ehhhh have you been watching the last 2 years under Gerrard and how much we get bullied? Is this a surprise, it’s not exactly new.

It's not just mudder well, it's not just hivs , it's every team bar maybe one!,and the reason that they play this way,is because they are allowed to, against us.
It's the main reason Scottish football is in the state that it is.

I wish we were more willing to employ the dark arts.

Absolutely. Teams in this league no %^*& all about the dark arts of the game, they are crude and blatant in what they do.

We don't and won't get equal treatment so time to get smart and nasty without being obvious.

We wouldn't get away with half of the amount of things the opposition do against us.

This is why I am against us signing the likes of Dykes. He wouldn't have got away with the sly kicks and elbows which made up his game at Livingston. He'd be booked with 5 minutes of a game with us.

All the best Rangers teams in my lifetime could play against teams that wanted to mix it. If they wanted to do the physical battle we'd give them a physical battle. If they wanted to play football we'd play and beat them at football. More times than not in those scenarios those teams would win either way.

We wouldn't get away with half of the amount of things the opposition do against us.

This is why I am against us signing the likes of Dykes. He wouldn't have got away with the sly kicks and elbows which made up his game at Livingston. He'd be booked with 5 minutes of a game with us.
In his first season Ryan Jack was red carded for being choked and headered by Stokes and his foot repeatedly stamped on by Broadfoot. Anyone who thinks we would get away with the overzealous tackles, fly kicks and leadings elbows that others teams do against us is mental.

The team that struggled against the part timers of Coleraine last week you mean. My goodness .If Rangers can't turn that lot over ,we really do have issues .
Motherwell were garbage and can't see them being much different a week later .

All the best Rangers teams in my lifetime could play against teams that wanted to mix it. If they wanted to do the physical battle we'd give them a physical battle. If they wanted to play football we'd play and beat them at football. More times than not in those scenarios those teams would win either way.
Again, all the more reason to have had a Ross McCrorie in our midfield.
He did all the battling and let the other guys play.

Yes no doubt Motherwell have players who can mix it when they have to.
They also have a few yahoos in their team,who will be extra up for it, none more so than bitter mentally challenged Stephen Gerard O'Donnell, who never tried for his team,at the potato dome a couple of weeks ago,and was Celtics MOTM.
Anything less than three points will be disappointing and will hurt.
Passed the ball straight to a Celtic player inside his own box. I was stunned how blatant it was.

We should be able to deal with hammer throwers by now. Definitely something that needs addressed.

Like Mourinho said in the All Or Nothing Spurs documentary, nice guys will win nothing. They need to be bastards.

Sad to say but our game is ruined and we will never be allowed to rise again under this current corrupt regime.

Passed the ball straight to a Celtic player inside his own box. I was stunned how blatant it was.
And his manager turned a blind eye to it. If I was in charge of a team and saw one of my players behaving like this ( and there were a lot more similar incidents in the game) he would have been subbed and benched for a long long time.

We need someone willing to mix it and stand up to this sort of aggression. We have no one in the team who will. We all to often collectively shit it.
The whole team should be demanding bookings for late challenges and reds for fucking elbows in the face

we need to wisen your big time

be professional make the most of rough challenges roll about other players crowd the ref

What we need is an Italian Left Back who is big unit.
Hang about we have got one, he`s normally on the bench, Calvin Bassey move Borna to left mid to assist him and let him loose.
Just a thought.

We need to stop shouting for a midfield hardman as it would only mean that we finish games with 10 players on the pitch. Jack played for Aberdeen and was never sent off and was rarely booked. Look how that changed. He came to us and there was a flurry of red cards. If we tried to play someone "combative" they would be booked for nothing. It would be highlighted in the media about how dirty the player was. Referees would go out their way to book and send them off.

What we need to do is highlight the inconsistences, the bad tackles, the dirty play, the time wasting but alas the club don't seem to want to.

we were always a physical, nasty side. we certainly lack that now but to be fair we seem to get punished a lot more than the rest maybe we can't be.
We are not allowed to be a physical side there’s no way we would have got away with what Hibs did and neither will Hibs this weekend,watch this space a Hibs player will be sent off against the Scum.By the way both Hibs goals would have been disallowed if using VAR ,then again probably not as it’s the same officials making the decisions.

Until our Manager calls out the thuggery within the Scottish game directed towards Rangers players, and calls out the thuggery regularly, nothing will change.
Nothing.

I can understand why Gerrard doesn't want to criticise referees for other decisions (offsides, lack of penalties etc) but the thuggery needs to be highlighted.

It's the only way we'll get any protection for our players.

Motherwell do not need any guidance from Hibs or Walker. Motherwell only know one way to play against us and that is try boot our players all over the park.

Do you want to finish games with less than 11 players on the pitch? Because thats exactly what would happen if we did. We dont need to be thugs to beat this dross in the league.

You seem to forget, they don’t need dark arts, when they’ve got Liewells dark suited officials on the park!

Back