High-quality video from Helicopter Sunday?

Every time I see that I smile at the old boy at the stairway who doesn't celebrate on hearing of Motherwell's first goal.

Exactly how I reacted because of the gnawing feeling that those jammy bastards would strike in injury time as they often do.

Check him out after the second Well goal, he's going tonto.:))

Reactions: WBD
I was too young to fully appreciate all this.
I have never properly celebrated a league title and hearing this kind of stuff does make you emotional when you contrast the current times of today. If I could do anything, is to show the players this footage and get them to listen to the audio to show them just how much it means to us. I want this kind of stuff again, the temporary joys of beating them this season will be nothing compared to a title.
For any time that we need to bring 55 home it's next season, more than ever.

There is nothing like it and this next one will be the best of them all.

I was flying to Majorca, left house around 3 and when my mother dropped me, then wife and wee man off it was 1-nil in both games. Checked in, through security and the wee man (who was 2 then and now a near 16 year old ST holder) went to the soft play at the departure corridor. I assumed it was over and kept my head down. I then noticed some green and grey sitting with a radio and heads in hands, they looked haunted.
I wandered over and asked the score, one each at Fir Park, then bedlam, these clowns thought they had scored and it was Motherwell had got the 2nd. I took my self off to the bog and had a wee moment in cubicle (no I never had gear), pulled myself together and went back to family. Wife knew by then and sent wee man running in to my arms shouting as much as a 2 year old could "Champions" I howled, proper howled.
That wee boy fell out of love with football between 8 and maybe 12, now he plays and as I said has his own ST next to his auld dad, when 55 arrives he will be held tighter than he ever has been and that moment may well be the best we share as a dad and son.
Greeting again.

It does get you like that mate. A lot of us tend to link our child’s growth to football because they were at games with us.
It also probably makes us think of how long it’s been since the club was at the top.
My boys 30 now but there’s no way I won’t be crying on the day of 55. Not a chance.

If you could make the buzz straight after the news of mcdonalds goal filtered through into tablet form you’d have the biggest selling drug in history.

Your best eccie ever times infinity!

Every time I see that I smile at the old boy at the stairway who doesn't celebrate on hearing of Motherwell's first goal.

Exactly how I reacted because of the gnawing feeling that those jammy bastards would strike in injury time as they often do.

Check him out after the second Well goal, he's going tonto.:))
Amidst all the unforgettable scenes of living-room jubilation, I do remember thinking I was going to have to leave the house and walk to the end of the street, as I couldn't bear the tension, or the thought they would grab a winner . . .

Being up the other end, in complete disbelief and ready to explode, it was the most incredible visual sight too.

Like someone had dipped red, white & blue paintbrushes into water, a swirling mess of delirium.
That's a description worthy of Hugh McIlvanney, and totally captures my memories of looking at the Copland and Govan stands after the second goal at the last Old Firm Game.

Remember listening to the he Hibs Rangers game on helicopter Sunday and can only agree with all the he quotes that it was spine tingling. Even last minute Cup Final winners didn't match that for me. It's still unbelievable for me to think the noise out of a wee box in the corner of my folk's kitchen could lift the spirits like a switch.

55 will be more important for the club, but not sure anything in football will ever beat the thrill of Helicopter Sunday for me.

Never seen any high quality footage I'm afraid, think unfortunately it was from before the time of 4K videos :p

However the report of the game is still unbelievable:

Skip to 25:06 on the third video ;)
At 48:20 watch as the team arrives and you will see a copper throw his hat at the doors. I firs thought it was a fan.

Back