Highland League title decider tomorrow

this is what i believe to be true also
I worked in St Fergus so lived up that neck of the woods about 20 years ago, the Broch had way more bears than shettlestons. Must have changed a bit. Probably still shit for a night out mind you.

In saying that, was back up seeing an old workmate for a weekend a couple years ago and saw more green and grey knocking around in the bluetoon, could hardly believe it :(

I worked in St Fergus so lived up that neck of the woods about 20 years ago, the Broch had way more bears than shettlestons. Must have changed a bit. Probably still shit for a night out mind you.

In saying that, was back up seeing an old workmate for a weekend a couple years ago and saw more green and grey knocking around in the bluetoon, could hardly believe it :(
Still the case regarding Bears in the Broch, and long may it continue.
Yes, unfortunately the Green and Grey are making inroads in the Blootoon.

Being from Angus I would like to see Brechin back into the spfl.they look like the only club who went down with the ambition to come back.for those judging Brechin on what they did in 2012,it’s a completely different owner and board.
Correct mate.
Ken Ferguson is gone, and they are now being run, and managed, properly.
He was an embarrassment to the little town, the way he behaved!

Poor David Will who was once, the proud Brechin chairman and then went on to sit at the top table in UEFA, would have been turning in his grave, at the antics Ferguson pulled!
Anyway good riddance to bad rubbish.
Come on 'The City'!

Would have much preferred if Thistle had been bought over and turned into the proper EK team. Not sure why this didn't happen.

East Kilbride is bloody giant these days though, it's a bit of a riddy that the biggest (think it's about neck and neck with Paisley) don't have a team in the top 4 divisions.

I think if they get the stadium built and manage to attract a fairly family friendly audience that their numbers will become somewhat decent.
EKFC were formed before the west Juniors were integrated into the pyramid. (Only happened in 2020)

earlier in the thread someone said it was a 3 way split Bears/sheep and bheggars i'd say thats pretty much the same all along the coast up to Buckie ......... but the tims are more vocal

Agreed mate.
Probably more vocal because they have been largely unchallenged for 12 years. Hopefully that will change once we regain our “Natural Order” within Scottish Football.

I was hoping Keith managed to spoil someone's title wasn't fussed who they spoiled. Sounds like they gave it a good go, crossbar away for ruining everything for Brechin midweek and kept it close v Buckie today.

Funny that Brechin will be here another year though, don't think they quite got used to the idea that they are a highland league side now.

Sp for those that know,would any of them, EK or Buckie, be able to take Clyde or Stranraer?

I was hoping Keith managed to spoil someone's title wasn't fussed who they spoiled. Sounds like they gave it a good go, crossbar away for ruining everything for Brechin midweek and kept it close v Buckie today.

Funny that Brechin will be here another year though, don't think they quite got used to the idea that they are a highland league side now.
Not an easy league to either win in the first place or win and then win the play-off too.

Progress is slow but clubs finding their natural level is finally happening.

Wild that Brechin were in the championship just 4/5 seasons ago.

Their fans were absolute feral up in Wick last season , singing well never be here again & lo and behold they’ll be back again for a 3rd time next year

Sp for those that know,would any of them, EK or Buckie, be able to take Clyde or Stranraer?
EK will be heavy favourites, rumours they've spent roughly £500k this season - but they are shaky at the back and I reckon whatever club 42 is could give them a bloody nosey fairly easily, they'll be praying it's not Bonnyrigg and a trip to New Dundas, that pitch makes Dens look like a bowling green.

EK will be heavy favourites, rumours they've spent roughly £500k this season - but they are shaky at the back and I reckon whatever club 42 is could give them a bloody nosey fairly easily, they'll be praying it's not Bonnyrigg and a trip to New Dundas, that pitch makes Dens look like a bowling green.
Totally unfair club 42 get 2 bites of the cherry when they should be getting relegated.

Totally unfair club 42 get 2 bites of the cherry when they should be getting relegated.
That's the cost of getting the pyramid open for the first time ever. Suspect at the next restructure there will be more movement agreed - though one of the issues will always be that the highland league clubs sometimes don't really want into the SPFL. Total speculation but I could see Buckie not going all out to get into a league if it involves two trips to Stranraer a season and fighting relegation rather than trips around the Highlands and fighting for a title. Better being a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond.

Course but my point still stands, another rule change is likely for the benefit of brechin.
They won the hl last season , got to the play off & got scudded . The rest o the HL laughed their cocks off at them.

Brora Brechin cove, Fraserburgh & Buckie have won the HL since the pyramid came in and only Cove went up, they have heavy backers , the rest either didn’t try as hard or weren’t good enough in the play off- make yer own mind up on that

Difficult to say, probably both at a similar level. Highland League team have the edge of having the second leg at home.

Buckie are similar, with their tie at the Phiggery earlier this year - they also play in green and white stripes, but, after the Ken Ferguson nonsense, I hope Brechin wither away in the lower leagues - ideally Fraserburgh get up.

Buckie v Elgin and Peterhead v Fraserburgh would be good local derbies for League Two.
Those were two big matches on the highland league calendar. A big loss to highland football. Highland league suffers a lot when teams get promoted as there is not much to replace them with

They won the hl last season , got to the play off & got scudded . The rest o the HL laughed their cocks off at them.

Brora Brechin cove, Fraserburgh & Buckie have won the HL since the pyramid came in and only Cove went up, they have heavy backers , the rest either didn’t try as hard or weren’t good enough in the play off- make yer own mind up on that
It's because Elgin, Inverness Caley, Inverness Thistle, Peterhead and Ross County....all big highland clubs were voted up before and the Highland league has never adequately replaced them. The league now outside of three or four clubs lacks depth. Bringing in the likes of Strathspey has been a joke

It's because Elgin, Inverness Caley, Inverness Thistle, Peterhead and Ross County....all big highland clubs were voted up before and the Highland league has never adequately replaced them. The league now outside of three or four clubs lacks depth. Bringing in the likes of Strathspey has been a joke
Strathspey are actually in the highlands , albeit they are not a good side , shinty is king down there . It was the same with Fort William , although they are doing ok in the NCL
There’s not the same quality in the hfl now , banks o Dee were a good addition tho , another shire club , plastic pitch , big population to choose players from . No idea if many watch them or not tbh but they were decent to watch

Back