Highlights PSV - AS Monaco

HMS.Temple.Garden

just looking through their team last night and had at least 5 players missing through injury, Junior, Madueke, Boscagli, Vinicius and Vertessen.

Getting their game at the weekend moved was a wise move, a couple of injuries at the weekend to a couple of their strikers would have them toiling.

I know it's only highlights but like us they look a bit suspect at corners and I don't think their keeper is that great. Taking their corners seem to mix them up a bit which I hope will be drilled into our team to make sure we are Sharp.

Difficult to get a flavour of the full game from 12+ minutes of highlights but their defence certanly looks as if it can be got at.

PSV's movement from midfield to the final third looks excellent but Monaco were leaving a fair yardage around the pass receiver at times I thought.

A hugely difficult tie ahead but it is for them too. PSV perhaps a bit fortunate to progress?

Gio can't be cautious over both ties. We're good enough to beat them.
We’re gonna have to go for it at Ibrox and try and take some sort of lead over there.

We play a completely different game at home where the fans seem to drive the players on and take them up a level. It’s away when we’ve struggled, with the outlier being Dortmund.

There’s something about us when we go away in Europe. We can’t seem to perform anywhere near our top level.

just looking through their team last night and had at least 5 players missing through injury, Junior, Madueke, Boscagli, Vinicius and Vertessen.

Getting their game at the weekend moved was a wise move, a couple of injuries at the weekend to a couple of their strikers would have them toiling.
I may be wrong but i don't think it's this weekends game thet have got moved. Think it is the one before their home leg??

Great atmosphere. I think PSV were slightly fortunate to get through that. Boys delivery from wing is quality. Our left side of defence need to be on it.

Their defence was a mess over the 2 legs. I fancy us to get a good few chances against them at Ibrox against that back 4.

Veerman show for PSV. Apart from that they were very lucky to win that. Monaco hit the woodwork numerous times, in behind countless times and were so unlucky.

They look a bit dodgy with long balls over the top, hopefully Goldson can take full advantage of that with a couple of balls over the top for Kent.

An intense atmosphere and some great goals. PSV won't be intimidated at Ibrox, our duty as fans will be to lift our team, not scare them.

It's going to be a classic encounter with them, it'll be hard, but I believe we can do it.

The worry for this game is we’ve not got going yet this season

I’d be much more confident if we were playing them 3 months ago but this is a huge ask this tie

That looked a good grade of game that PSV seemed to get the key breaks / marginals . That last ditch tackle is so close to being the defining moment and it went to the home side .

Extremely tough tie this I reckon it will be close with them being 60-40 .

One possible positive is I would figure our staff know more about them than vice versa . GvB has said in past he knows teams much better after first leg but maybe with psv he is already in a position to fully understand there team and tools . Unlike Monaco let’s hope we get the marginals .

Last edited:
Looked lucky to get through. Look very suspect at set pieces and crosses. If we play to our potential we can finish this tie in Glasgow.

2-1 to us at home then hold on for a 1-1 draw away. Will be very tight but they seem to have been lucky to get through against Monaco going by those highlights and the match stats.

I know it's only highlights but like us they look a bit suspect at corners and I don't think their keeper is that great. Taking their corners seem to mix them up a bit which I hope will be drilled into our team to make sure we are Sharp.
Sadly we are no longer a threat from corners with Balogun gone and Helander always injured

Defences poor in this game.But ours has not been rock solid so far.
PSV look.physically strong throughout the team .Monaco must be raging they got put out by poor defending st the back post.
Where have we seen this before ?
Will be an interesting tie. Too close to comfortably call.

Inswingers!!!!!

Honestly so sick of just doing out swinger after out swinger. Lawrence took an in swinger in the second half and I was nearly crying I’ve waited that long for one.

I really believe this tie is a 50/50 affair.

I still think we underplay just how good our team are at coping with European football these days. Although we can still throw in the occasional howler, we are pretty resilient and can be devastating in attack when there is any sort of space.

Oddly enough, the team PSV reminded me most of in those highlights was us.

Edit: forgot a word.

PSV looked very lucky there to get that result. Some great blocks and hitting the woodwork seemed to save them, plus their equaliser was offside. No wonder the the commentator was surprised when it was given. VAR was in play, so not sure why that was given.

Veerman and De Jong seem to be the guys that make them tick.

We need to make sure we give those guys no space. They seem to be easy to exploit with a more direct long ball.

Is it not the game before the second leg that’s been postponed?

Back