Holstein Kiel on the brink

Blue_Britain

Of promotion to the Bundesliga.

I don't know much about them but I was at the Hamburg v Kiel game last season and pleasantly surprised to see a few Rangerd flags and banners in with their support. Anybody been to a game or other than the colours, any idea why they would have an association with us??

I don't know much about them but I was at the Hamburg v Kiel game last season and pleasantly surprised to see a few Rangerd flags and banners in with their support. Anybody been to a game or other than the colours, any idea why they would have an association with us??
@kielbear I’m sure you’ve got some ideas!!
FWIW Kiel was/is shipbuilding country and certainly some of the guys who worked on the Clyde shipyards ended up in Kiel.

Seem like good fans :)

sportsfootball2-bundesliga20172018fortuna-duesseldorf-vs-holstein-kiel-11esprit-arena-duesseldorfstandkiel-football-fans-MKE650.jpg

Holstein%20Fans%20in%20N%C3%BCrnberg-oa6zotk7qht9v59yvwv2to1hbk8y8prts4atlhnhvg.jpg

Hamburg need Kiel to beat third placed Düsseldorf next week to have any hope of finishing 3rd.

However conversely Kiel doing so would guaruntee St Pauli’s automatic promotion

Seen them a few times but only because they were the away team at grounds I was ticking off.

Kaiserslautern v Kiel
Hansa Rostock v Kiel
Magdeburg v Kiel

At every game, they've always had a union jack flag with Holstein Kiel written on it.

Hoping to see them at home in next few seasons (will be harder now they look like being in top flight).

Seen them a few times but only because they were the away team at grounds I was ticking off.

Kaiserslautern v Kiel
Hansa Rostock v Kiel
Magdeburg v Kiel

At every game, they've always had a union jack flag with Holstein Kiel written on it.

Hoping to see them at home in next few seasons (will be harder now they look like being in top flight).
Nice one.

I went to Duisburg v Rostock about 11 years ago, it's a cracking night out (was the Friday night fixture)

What a clickbait title. Did you get enough attention to put your bloomers on?

Went a few years ago groundhopping. Alright place, 90 mins odd from Hamburg. I think they might actually struggle to go up automatic - I think Fortuna will win there on Saturday and win their final match, can see Kiel cocking away at Hannover last match. Watched them today in bits (was at same time as the game) and they weren’t too impressive. Saw them 10 years ago in this playoff in Munich, be quite a rise for them to hit the Bundesliga:

Colours will be as they are the flag of the Bundesland. Probably explains the UJ flag but might be wrong:

Is that not an affront to the Hamburg love in?

Nice one.

I went to Duisburg v Rostock about 11 years ago, it's a cracking night out (was the Friday night fixture)

Do you mean Duisburg is a good night out itself? I’ve never stayed there but never heard good things! Staying there during euros, have been the stadium but not the town.

Hamburg need Kiel to beat third placed Düsseldorf next week to have any hope of finishing 3rd.

However conversely Kiel doing so would guaruntee St Pauli’s automatic promotion
There's not a hope in hell Hamburg will beat the Bundesliga team in the playoff IMO so it's irrelevant if they finish 3rd.

Personally I'd rather dusseldorf won their last 2 with the hope it keeps st pauli down but as someone else said they have 2 easy fixtures so that ain't gonna happen either.

Do you mean Duisburg is a good night out itself? I’ve never stayed there but never heard good things! Staying there during euros, have been the stadium but not the town.
Did you drop in on the Taxi Club when you were at Duisburg? A great wee place near the stadium selling beer and bratwurst and playing good tunes.

Did you drop in on the Taxi Club when you were at Duisburg? A great wee place near the stadium selling beer and bratwurst and playing good tunes.

I didn’t mate, didn’t go in a single bar - it was actually when Uerdigen used the stadium as their home for a season, was more Hansa fans than home fans! Will make a note of that though for if I go again.

There's not a hope in hell Hamburg will beat the Bundesliga team in the playoff IMO so it's irrelevant if they finish 3rd.

Personally I'd rather dusseldorf won their last 2 with the hope it keeps st pauli down but as someone else said they have 2 easy fixtures so that ain't gonna happen either.

I think Fortuna would do Mainz, not sure on Kiel. If it is Mainz of course. Cologne v Union is a whopper Saturday!

I didn’t mate, didn’t go in a single bar - it was actually when Uerdigen used the stadium as their home for a season, was more Hansa fans than home fans! Will make a note of that though for if I go again.
It seemed like a local Duisburg place so probably only open on matchdays but definitely worth a visit.

I think Fortuna would do Mainz, not sure on Kiel. If it is Mainz of course. Cologne v Union is a whopper Saturday!
Yeah that's a big one. Kinda hoping cologne go down as it gives a good option for an HSV away trip.

Just back from Hamburg which I think was my 8th trip there and have to say I'm feeling like I've been there and done it now so would rather do different away trips with them in future.

Yeah that's a big one. Kinda hoping cologne go down as it gives a good option for an HSV away trip.

Just back from Hamburg which I think was my 8th trip there and have to say I'm feeling like I've been there and done it now so would rather do different away trips with them in future.

Although it’s a good place there really is so much more of Germany to see, Kaiserslautern be a good one with them next season.

Red white and blue everywhere

Back