Home vs Away post split question

Baladloyal1872

If the table stays the same we would have had two home games against all 5 of the top how is it decided who are post split home games would be against?

We will play celtic away, aberdeen away and motherwell away imo. Think apart from celtic it will be worked out on how mang home and away games top6 are all due

It'll depend on who whines the most in the tabloids and where Celtic want us to go. Its seems to have always been decided like that.

We'll be away to the Tims, the Sheep (nothing surer) and I'd say probably Livingston, due to their pitch.

Not that I don't think it's randomly generated an' all that. :rolleyes:

As above it should be 3 away games and 2 at home, But you never know with the SFA

Sporting integrity demands that we go to the 6th placed team away for the 3rd time. Prettt sure this is how it was explained the last time

Will be

Away to Celtic, Aberdeen Motherwell

with Livingston and Hibs coming to us for 3rd time if finishes that way

Depends on how many home/away games the other teams in top 6 have. Should end up 19 home/away. We’ll certainly have the toughest run in, so important to try and build a lead between now and the split

It’s always a carve up. Shows what a complete clusterfuck the split is.

But it’ll be easier to arrange if they just give the tramps 5 home and us 5 away.

Really needs done away with. Not knowing till 1 or 2 weeks before hand who or when u playing is real bollox for anyone who has to arrange travel to games .

Will be

We’ve won at all those fixtures this season apart from a disaster at Pittodrie 2nd half which we played well for the first half hour so not worried.

We should be Away against Celtic, 4th placed team and 6th placed team. Home against 3rd placed team and 5th placed team. That would be the 'fair' split Home/Away in terms of league position.

Currently that would leave us away at Parkhead, Pittodrie and Easter Road but league positions below the top two could change by Game 33. Any 'improvement on those 3 away and I'd be delighted.

Somebody should do a recap on many times Rangers and Celtic played 3 away/home games up to 2012. There is a chance that we may be due 5 away matches after the split and if so the bheasts will go tonto when we get home matches to suit 19 home/away.

The reason we have the daft split and unfair imbalance of fixtures is so we can have 12 teams in the top league and teams can benefit from the revenue created by visits by us and the beggars.
You then get teams cutting allocations and turning away revenue.
Time to go back to a ten team league and each team plays the exact same fixtures and the match schedules are released in June.
Another of the things that makes Scottish football a joke.

The reason we have the daft split and unfair imbalance of fixtures is so we can have 12 teams in the top league and teams can benefit from the revenue created by visits by us and the beggars.
You then get teams cutting allocations and turning away revenue.
Time to go back to a ten team league and each team plays the exact same fixtures and the match schedules are released in June.
Another of the things that makes Scottish football a joke.
This is fair. Teams wanted extra revenue by having the game v us, and then start doing daft things like cutting allocations. If the title run in is going to the wire, then stuff like that is really just punishing the fans.
I wouldnt be adverse to an 18 team top league, play each other twice. Less games would help the winter break aswell, rather than trying to squeeze a ridiculous amount of fixtures into the Jan-Apr window.

We will be away filth , sheep and well no matter how the table and games look.
sheep will be last game of the season if lge title is going to the wire? All the trip up cards will be out on force you can bet your life on that.

Will be

Not wishing to take the thread off track, but do you see any reason that the Motherwell game at home on 4th April would be moved?
Asking as I need to book flights and you seem to be the go to guy for fixture related queries.
Thanks in advance

So is there a set of rules that governs this?
Because it is impossible to guarantee all teams end up with 19 home and 19 away as a result of the split, no all encompassing set of rules can be put down on paper. So it really all will come down to what suits the Tims better.

We have to go away to the tims and Aberdeen for definite and 1 other if it's to be 19 home and 19 away

I remember when it started thinking it was a good idea, with the teams trying for the title and europe playing each other, and relegation threatened teams playing each other. However I absolutely hate it, firstly due to the farce of playing teams 3 times away etc, and secondly being a shift worker not knowing the home fixtures is an absolute pain on the hoop. It should be scrapped as we say every year.

Not wishing to take the thread off track, but do you see any reason that the Motherwell game at home on 4th April would be moved?
Asking as I need to book flights and you seem to be the go to guy for fixture related queries.
Thanks in advance

@Raffles

No reason to be moved a rare 3pm Saturday home game for us

Reason for the split is there not enough room to play 44 League games in the season

It has been 20 years since it was introduced and there has been issues every since

When we were in the lower league it was nice to have the complete schedule

SFA will decide what is the best for the scum.
Was there not a stat to show they never played more away games against any team. That fixture always worked out easy for them while we have more hearts and Aberdeen away.

What are the dates of games after the split- the misses has just gone and booked a holiday end of April going into may.

What are the dates of games after the split- the misses has just gone and booked a holiday end of April going into may.

Game 34 w/e 18th April
Game 35 w/e 25th April
Game 36 w/e 2nd May
Scottish Cup Final 9th May
Game 37 m/w 12th/13th May
Game 38 17th May

Back