Horrendous Officiating in MLS

I'd watched this and didn't understand what happened. The clip I saw started on the offending penalty and the players and commentators were convinced that if it was missed then it was all over. The keeper saved it and they started celebrating, farce ensues and its retaken and scored then the next one is scored so back to the first team to take. The new keeper saves it and everyone goes wild then they realise they still need to score theirs?

How difficult can it be for everyone to keep track of how many have been taken? Even before the drama with the keeper being sent off it seems everyone had lost count of where things stood

I don't have sound to hear this but is the issue they didn't know you can't sub a player on at FT of ET then?

How can, not only the referee, but even the team not know you can't do that?

I got done in the Kansas City game for £560 from.my £15 bet, sitting at 2-2, added time goes up 4 mins, Kansas City go 3-2 up, cheating prick referee plays 8 added mins to allow San Jose to equalize, absolutely fucking raging, couldn't even cover the bet as it was added time.
Cheating bastard.

I don't have sound to hear this but is the issue they didn't know you can't sub a player on at FT of ET then?

How can, not only the referee, but even the team not know you can't do that?
It was a very harsh second yellow (and red) for the keeper.

Then there was the farce with the substitution, which the clubs should have been aware of and, more importantly, the officials should have nipped in the bud before the sub keeper was lined up to face the penalty kick.

Then there was the whole farce at the end when it seemed everyone, including the officials, thought it was all over - but there was still a penalty kick to come.

Nobody covered themselves in glory - but the officials are supposed to be in charge and the guys on the pitch had absolutely no idea what was going on.

I was in New York once and watched a bunch of Americans play 5 a side.

They had a ref and were playing offsides.

Some of the stuff you see in the MLS is wild, like they still don't understand the sport.

A few years ago, I saw them cramping a player who looked like he had ligament damage into the backseat of a golf buggy.

I got done in the Kansas City game for £560 from.my £15 bet, sitting at 2-2, added time goes up 4 mins, Kansas City go 3-2 up, cheating prick referee plays 8 added mins to allow San Jose to equalize, absolutely fucking raging, couldn't even cover the bet as it was added time.
Cheating bastard.
Perhaps proof that betting is not good for you?

I was over visiting my son in Minnesota couple of years ago and we wondered into a school stadium to watch an under 16 game.
When I say stadium it was probably better than Hamilton & Falkirk. From the press box they had a commentator doing a live and loud critique of the game.
The standard was poor but at least it was organised and enthusiastic. An under 18 game was due on next and they wanted $5 to watch it but that price included a burger from the big BBQ that was being set up.

We went for a beer as that seemed a better way to spend our $'s :)

Cheating bastard.
Same fucking boat! Still seething

Surely you can't make a sub during a penalty shoot out?

They seemed to suggest the issue was they had used ALL their subs which is why the deputy goalie had go turn back

That can't be right surely?

Some of the stuff you see in the MLS is wild, like they still don't understand the sport.

A few years ago, I saw them cramping a player who looked like he had ligament damage into the backseat of a golf buggy.
I watched the 2010 World Cup final in a bar in Philadelphia.

The Americans were whooping, cheering, oohing, aahing at every little thing like offside decisions, throw ins, shots that fly over the bar etc.

Never again!

The ref needs seriously disciplined, if not sacked, for that performance. He didn't have a clue what to do and someone in his ear had to keep him right the entire time.

The commentators were equally clueless; how hard is it to write down Xs and 0s down on a grid?

Also, how did none of the players or coaches not know what the score was? Got me wondering why David Marshall needed clarification on us beating Serbia as well!

The ref needs seriously disciplined, if not sacked, for that performance. He didn't have a clue what to do and someone in his ear had to keep him right the entire time.

The commentators were equally clueless; how hard is it to write down Xs and 0s down on a grid?

Also, how did none of the players or coaches not know what the score was? Got me wondering why David Marshall needed clarification on us beating Serbia as well!
Marshall was asking the ref if the save was good and he was on his line. Not because he didn't know the result.

Marshall was asking the ref if the save was good and he was on his line. Not because he didn't know the result.
Is the foot on the line rule now being enforced more strictly since VAR was introduced?

Between that and the MLS game it seems to be getting more attention than before.

Latest posts

Back