Hospitality scam - Gary Harvey

Redlion no 8

Official Ticketer
Last Jan 3 friends and I supposedly got the opportunity for discounted tickets to the sky lounge. We got taken to the opening night & couple of games. Everything seamed right. You can imagine the amount for 8 tickets. Then the preverbal hit the fan. Excuse after excuse. Notified Rangers & spoke to security. Took me 5 months to get my money back. The reason I post this is I’ve just heard he’s at it again with another group of bears same story and amounts of cash. Also heard he’s don’t it to some guys on a Stirling supporters bus. His name is Gary Harvey from Stirling. Bears beware…..

I went through a total hassle with him for tickets before. Eventually got them after having to warn him what would happen if he didn’t deliver. He either seems to give himself a lot of unnecessary hassle or he happens to be the most unlucky person ever.

His surname is also spelled Harvey.

Sorry to hear that but why would you buy hospitality from a random person rather than from the club ?
Heavily discounted price. Which again although it is a red flag, he also does show other signs that reassure people he is legit.

Rangers security are aware of him and from what one of them told me, he is banned from purchasing tickets under his name, but the issue is it’s easy enough to purchase tickets under someone else's name.

He claimed that the discount he received was a corporate discount through his work. The work he claimed to work for had no understanding of him and Rangers don’t give a corporate discount to the company he claimed to work for.

With everything I know speaking to other boys who were owed money, it seems to me like he took lump sums off people (about half the price of corporate season tickets) and was paying Rangers in monthly instalments, the first couple of games would be sound and by the time it got a few games in there would be excuses and problems. What’s likely happened is he hadn’t paid the monthly bill until he took money off other people.

Looked to me like a terribly run ponzi scheme.

Last Jan 3 friends and I supposedly got the opportunity for discounted tickets to the sky lounge. We got taken to the opening night & couple of games. Everything seamed right. You can imagine the amount for 8 tickets. Then the preverbal hit the fan. Excuse after excuse. Notified Rangers & spoke to security. Took me 5 months to get my money back. The reason I post this is I’ve just heard he’s at it again with another group of bears same story and amounts of cash. Also heard he’s don’t it to some guys on a Stirling supporters bus. His name is Gary Harvey from Stirling. Bears beware…..
Maybe its the way you worded it, but your post says you got offered discount tickets, then got taken to the opening night and a couple of games?

Couldn’t believe it reading the OP’s post and seeing the name Gary Harvey.

Earlier this year he “bought” my mates house. I say “bought” as he bid the most and was due to move in on the Monday. He asked my mate if he could get the keys at the weekend to move his stuff in as he could get help off people easier. Naively my mate says yes and gives him the keys.

Monday comes and the funds for the house purchase don’t appear - don’t know the full story here. This Gary Harvey by this point has moved himself his wife and his kids into the house.

Took my mate 4/5 months to get court orders to evict them, 4/5 months of promises that the money was coming, 4/5 months of paying a mortgage for a house that someone else is essentially squatting in. Was a nightmare.

Thankfully all sorted now, but this guy is not to be trusted.

I went through a total hassle with him for tickets before. Eventually got them after having to warn him what would happen if he didn’t deliver. He either seems to give himself a lot of unnecessary hassle or he happens to be the most unlucky person ever.

His surname is also spelled Harvey.
What was the warning?

I didn't know the name but the picture of the guy makes me think he done the dirty on folk with flights before.

The story about the house is mental, sounds like a modern day Lyle Lanley.

Earlier this year he “bought” my mates house. I say “bought” as he bid the most and was due to move in on the Monday. He asked my mate if he could get the keys at the weekend to move his stuff in as he could get help off people easier. Naively my mate says yes and gives him the keys.

Monday comes and the funds for the house purchase don’t appear - don’t know the full story here. This Gary Harvey by this point has moved himself his wife and his kids into the house.

Took my mate 4/5 months to get court orders to evict them, 4/5 months of promises that the money was coming, 4/5 months of paying a mortgage for a house that someone else is essentially squatting in. Was a nightmare.

Stirling area, new build. We were out to chap the door.

Fucking hell, what a pikey bastard. This guy needs leathered.

Stirling area, new build. We were out to chap the door.
Yep. I wandered out too. It was weird because he made a big deal about how he bought the house no mortgage ect and I remember pointing out to boys on Rightmove and other sites that the last time it had been sold was like 2/3 years previous so the guy was obviously talking shite about that as well. Wild.

That's some brass neck.

Pretty mental from your mate though and I'm surprised the solicitor or estate agent didn't stop him giving him the keys early.

Yep. I wandered out too. It was weird because he made a big deal about how he bought the house no mortgage ect and I remember pointing out to boys on Rightmove and other sites that the last time it had been sold was like 2/3 years previous so the guy was obviously talking shite about that as well. Wild.
Same story bought it cash.

He was offered a discount by who? The club?

Then he was willing to pass it on to you?
What are you talking about mate :D the OP was offered a discount on the tickets by the scammer. Someone asked the OP why he didn't just buy them off the club. And I answered them saying the scammer was offering the OP a discount hence why he got them from him rather than the club. It's got nothing to do with me mate:))

Now that I've read the story about him moving into a house he doesn't even own he's probably up to all-sorts. Needs reported on all the facebook report a scammer pages and probably to fraud action before some vulnerable person ends up absolutely hammered by him. Looks like the sky is the limit for this diddy

Scumbag hope somebody gets a hold of him.

We are going through the same hassle with him just now, 6 have bought ‘hospitality’ off him & are trying to get refunds it’s lie after lie. He’s also sold 30 season tickets & not one smart card has been delivered yet.

They are supposed to get the refunds from him today for the hospitality, let you know how that goes.

We are going through the same hassle with him just now, 6 have bought ‘hospitality’ off him & are trying to get refunds it’s lie after lie. He’s also sold 30 season tickets & not one smart card has been delivered yet.

They are supposed to get the refunds from him today for the hospitality, let you know how that goes.
Surely it’s now a police matter ? This can’t continue

Surely you just drag the lady's front bottom straight out the front door?

Why would anyone trust him with their money for a season ticket? He must've said he was selling his own and done it 30 times.

Why would anyone trust him with their money for a season ticket? He must've said he was selling his own and done it 30 times.
Said it was folk who were giving theres up not his own & some through his company, he’s got a hold of tickets for big games in the past for some boys I know - he’s a professional scammer by the sounds of it. I don’t know the guy at all it’s other boys that have dealt with him.

Last edited:
Said it was folk who were giving theres up not his own & some through his company, he’s got a hold of tickets for big games in the past for some boys I know - he’s a professional scammer by the sounds of it.
Does he have a company? What is it?

Back