How’s your work going to cope?

I’ve been thinking ahead, got a couple of the admin lassies learning some new stuff, ran it by senior management, good for them to get a feel for another aspect of the business (ie. my team) will help with sickness cover etc, ‘yeah good idea Johnny’ :))

The girls have been excellent and of course don’t have any holidays or anything planned for the next couple of weeks.

We are good to go.

I do a higher level apprenticeship so work 4 days a week and study one day. Typically, when do they put my exam? Wednesday 18th May. My lecturer been asking me all year about my trips to see Rangers and stuff.

Of course what happens? He contacts my boss in work and tells him when the exam is, me having already booked off work that day. Boss called me over yesterday to speak about it. Work in Co Tyrone in NI which isn't exactly a staunch stronghold either... all as fickle and rotten as they come.

Not a good situation but I'm sure everyone on here can give me powerful advice that is wise and full of wisdom...

I need to work the following day which means they will need to live with a worker with the worst sore head ever will be like man down the rest of the week..

They tried to stop me because my normal cover is on paternity leave, I told them in no uncertain terms that I wasn’t going to be in next week no matter what so a boy who’s a Leeds fan agreed to cover my shift for me. Hero.

My work is in Aberdeen though so there’s not exactly loads of us wanting it off (a few are though) I imagine a lot of places down the road are a lot worse haha

Surrounded with people who are of sick at the drop off a hat, plenty of them. Every year a fair percentage of the work force on the sick. I have never been on the sick in all my years other than a time when I had a wee operation, totally wracked with guilt, with the thought of going on the sick, but I have to do it.

Back