How are they going to pull this off next Saturday

There’s always a chance we’ll win and I’ve been convincing myself of that for the last few years. I'm now at the point the little voice in my head is yelling “ catch a grip”.

Hope I’m wrong but there’s too many ways they can hurt us and we don’t have the personnel to do much about it.

I hope to God I’m back on here eating my words!!

Just make some positive changes and go at them for 90. All we can do.

Try get players fit in training this week to start the game. Sima, Yilmaz etc

I’m expecting Lundstram to come right in. Rightly or wrongly.

Midfield needs Sterling in there if he isn’t replacing Tav at right back.

At the moment, I’m dreading it.

Come Saturday morning next week, I’ll somehow have managed to convince myself that we can do the improbable.

However, if I see two in the midfield again in the line up I’ll probably fold the same as the team has.

The managers hands are tied to a large extent but I’d somewhat content if I was witness to something different to what’s been reoccurring for too long.

If we’re going to lose, lose by trying something else.

Like everyone on this thread you mean?
Though the straits be broad or narrow doesn't seem to mean much to many.

Yeah, it’s almost like defiance and blind optimism from supporters on an online message board cannot make a fundamentally broken football team perform better.

The support are justified in a lack of faith in this team because they have let us down so many times this season alone never mind previous seasons.

At the moment, I’m dreading it.

Come Saturday morning next week, I’ll somehow have managed to convince myself that we can do the improbable.

However, if I see two in the midfield again in the line up I’ll probably fold the same as the team has.

The managers hands are tied to a large extent but I’d somewhat content if I was witness to something different to what’s been reoccurring for too long.

If we’re going to lose, lose by trying something else.
He tried Sterling midfield and it seemed to work, yet he’s clearly holding back going back to it.

We need to

We were talking about a treble 10 weeks ago.
Now we're hoping not to get embarrassed next Saturday.
The filth would need to have a real off day and we would need to play well above our recent levels.
So it's highly unlikely that we'll win next week.
I'd take extra time and penalties right now.

It’ll need to be either some sort of genius tactical master stroke or a minor miracle.

I just can’t see either happening.

Here's a prediction. Overan in midfield by more energetic physical players. Maeda having Tavernier on toast. Cross balls to the back post with Ridvan out of position. Dubious refereeing decisions aplenty until Celtic are well ahead. However saying that, Dessers will score a late hat trick and the cup will be heading back to Ibrox and we will be celebrating.
And then you woke up from your slumber.

We were talking about a treble 10 weeks ago.
Now we're hoping not to get embarrassed next Saturday.
The filth would need to have a real off day and we would need to play well above our recent levels.
So it's highly unlikely that we'll win next week.
I'd take extra time and penalties right now.

Watching this squad attempt to play 120 minutes would be laughable, most of them can barely play for half that without being absolutely knackered.

I know we have been shite for a while now and some players don't deserve to be here but the amount of Surrender monkeys on here is frightening ,no wonder their fans take the piss,I've seen us play well and against better than "them" so I will hold back on slagging the Rangers and back them fully.No Surrender.

Get a team of shrinks in to talk to the players. Seems like desperate measures but if it's the difference between a battling performance and a hammering I'd look into it.

Today had an end of Murty era feel about it, all that was missing is Neil Lennon doing an aeroplane celebration for the equaliser.

This team doesn't have a cup final in them, they're at the end of the road. If Lundstram plays we'll get over run.

Not for me, mate.

I've seen some dreadful Rangers sides going back more decades than I care to remember, but I've never seen a Rangers side more openly scared of Celtc than this one, especially at the piggery.

They look terrified, even in the pre-match warm-up.
I agree mate. We look a beaten side, especially at their shit pit.

It’s just so frustrating watching a Rangers side being terrified of them. I always use the 03/04 season as a bar to compare the standards we have set ourselves throughout a season.

We scored 1 goals against them and conceded 8. That was against a very strong scum team though admittedly.

This squad has nothing to hide behind. There’s no two ways about it, it is bordering on a miracle should we get a victory.

Cantwell scored on Tuesday and today so there will be a clamour for him to start which he will along with Dio and Lundstrum in midfield and again they will walk through us, Hatate and O'Riley will be shooting from the edge of the box and will eventually score. Only chance we have is if Celtics bus breaks down on the way and the officials decide to award us the trophy

Today had an end of Murty era feel about it, all that was missing is Neil Lennon doing an aeroplane celebration for the equaliser.

This team doesn't have a cup final in them, they're at the end of the road. If Lundstram plays we'll get over run.

Lundstram will play, the manager’s comments post last weekend made that clear.

Can only hope he has a modicum of self respect and realises that he owes the support after last Saturday’s shambles but I won’t hold my breath on that.

I was hopeful that they would maybe come out swinging with a little bit of pride and respect for themselves and us fans. After today it feels like we are just going to be even further disappointed before the seasons completely over.

I'd go for for trying to keep it tight low block full on defensive mode for 75-80mins and then try and snatch something at the end, what wee teams to do us as I don't thin we have enough players fit to go for it from the word go

I guess folk would be more positive if we'd won today and if I was an optimist I'd say the late goals were conceded today due to Davies being subbed off

I'm assuming folk are trying to out misery each other in the hope they'll end up on the Celtic version of Kerryfail ;)

I've not been staunch or a die hard for years but I'm even more apathetic now. I didn't watch it today and I won't watch it next week. Its not enjoyable seeing that lot lord it over us even when they are absolute pish. Thankfully I don't get angry or really upset about it these days.

I fear that any youngsters from neutral families will grow up supporting that mob as a result of this team's cowardice over recent seasons.
They want to go and support that mob, they're more than welcome to. Not wanted at Ibrox. Don't know what's changed but if I'd said I wanted to be celtic fan, I'd have been sorted out, by my old man, thankfully. There was no such a thing as neutrality and that was when they were doing their 9 in a row, throw in a European cup then they were still off limits. Maybe that's where we're going wrong.

Last edited:
The lack of pressure from Ibrox or the poison of Parkhead may help somewhat but they'll also need a slice of luck and for Celt!c to have an off day.

If all can align, the cup is ours!

Everyone seems to have accepted that this team just isn’t good enough and even PC appears to have had enough of pretending.

Next week has all the hallmarks of an impending humiliation and the cherry on the doughnut of yet another season of capitulation.

The players don’t give a fck any more and have an eye on the summer/the exit door already.

I dont believe the manager will change back to pre Christmas shape

He has willingly let the league go why would he change now.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and over and over and over and expecting results to be different. A half fit team, most who have chucked it, to go to the wall, beat Celtic and win the cup. Can't wait for another thread of the 'surrender monkeys' vs the 'head in the sand loyal'
Doing the same thing because we don't have the players to change it.

We're not capable of.going for any team a full 90.

Sterling at right back and with an extra body in midfield.

Had hoped Sterling could play in midfield but I think he is badly needed at right back now. Even if it mean pushing Tav up to right mid/wing, we need to try something. Probably sacrificing a forward player but we need to get a foothold in the game.

Sterling at right back and with an extra body in midfield.

Had hoped Sterling could play in midfield but I think he is badly needed at right back now. Even if it mean pushing Tav up to right mid/wing, we need to try something. Probably sacrificing a forward player but we need to get a foothold in the game.
It sounds so bad to be saying this but we need to be in the game at HT so the midfield is key to us not being overrun.

All the games have been tight, there’s no real reason to expect this one to be any different albeit we are somehow likely to have even less players available for this one than we have the others.

Play 4 in midfield even if that means playing Sterling, Raskin, Dio and Cantwell then so be it wit Sima and Dessers up front - What Phil cannot do is go into the game with the same tactics and formation.. It doesnt work when they are so superior in Midfield.

If they are gonna win it make their 'lesser' players win it (their wingers and fullbacks) - dont let McGregor and O'reilly dictate the game again.

I hate to say this but I have serious doubts we can. Old firm games used to be up in the air as it didn't matter the form of either team. That's no longer the case and they will be strong favourites.
Unfortunately you're correct there. There was always a chance years ago,regardless of form but this lot just don't have it in them.

Unfortunately, we have players who are terrified of the scum.
It’s this all day long. Nothing to do with injuries or formation, beat before a ball is kicked. They don’t even have any professional pride in themselves. These players have cheated us fans for years.

We are not beating them with the current squad this season has turned out one of nightmares,we could get a right doing infact I think it's a fcking certainly

Back