How are they going to pull this off next Saturday

We have a young full back ready to bleed for the jersey, who from recent showings , is more than ready to fill the void of any incompetent performance from our captain.
I disagree that anyone has checked out .

The opportunity to win the last trophy of the season , is the perfect end and beginning for some these players . It also allows the club and manager , to send the correct message to celtic . Regardless of our failings to win the title this year, we are ramping up a strategy , to attack on all fronts next year.

We don’t like or respect , anything about them. That should suffice for now.

We have a young full back ready to bleed for the jersey, who from recent showings , is more than ready to fill the void of any incompetent performance from our captain.
I disagree that anyone has checked out .

The opportunity to win the last trophy of the season , is the perfect end and beginning for some these players . It also allows the club and manager , to send the correct message to celtic . Regardless of our failings to win the title this year, we are ramping up a strategy , to attack on all fronts next year.

We don’t like or respect , anything about them. That should suffice for now.
Who is this right back that you have been hiding?

There are two hopes we will beat them next Saturday. Bob Hope and no hope. Sadly most look like they’ve chucked it. I can see that mob taking 3/4 off us easily and the camera panning round them doing that fucking daft Poznan while we’re chasing Callum McGregor round Hampden. Again.

There are two hopes we will beat them next Saturday. Bob Hope and no hope. Sadly most look like they’ve chucked it. I can see that mob taking 3/4 off us easily and the camera panning round them doing that fucking daft Poznan while we’re chasing Callum McGregor round Hampden. Again.

That little rat gets the freedom of the park whenever we play them, there’s never much chasing going on.

I sent my mind on holiday to recover from the depression they caused?

They collectively owe the fans this cup but they had their hands on the biggest prize and gave it up without a fight so I am on the fence now! 35%-65% in favour of The Rings FC unless by chance just one last chance Mel Gibson steps in and kicks their rse?

we will need alot better from every player than they have shown

for any players that may be leaving we need them to give us a performance

we need everything to come together and everyone at their best

maybe then we can lift the cup

They regularly beat us because they are too quick in attack, and in numbers when we balls up in defence.

I've never seen such a low energy Rangers side.

its very frustrating, they close down all over the park

we need better players then we can impose our own press

for next week we just need to try our best and see what happens

I've seen utter dung from their side beat us in the 90s. And I've seen us beat them in a semi when we were in the Championship with rank rotten players.

One off game and all that. The lowest of low expectations but wouldn't it be joyful to beat them on Saturday.

I would love to, but I have no expectations we will pull it off. I would like to see us do something that at least looks like a genuine attempt to address some of the most glaring issues, but I fear Clement is going to go with hoping for the best and damage limitation.

Aside from our injury list and obvious systemic limitations, we don't even have evidence to justify faith that one of our players can be the secret weapon or provide an element of surprise: I really hope Dessers, Cantwell, Sima or McCausland can damage them, but I'm more confident in the reappearance of Hampden Scott Wright. It would be brilliant if this went down as the Fabio Silva final, but equally you wouldn't be surprised if he did a Ramsey if allowed near a penalty in a shoot-out.

I would honestly start with Tav on the bench. Sterling at right back to try to nullify Maeda, hopefully Souttar and Davies in central defence, Ridvan left back. Raskin, Diomande and Cantwell in midfield. Sima left (then Silva) and McCausland right and told to work their arses off and press as well as help out the midfield. Leaving Dessers up top to try to get in the right place at the right time. It sounds crazy to leave Tav on the bench but I wouldn't have him in defence and he won't contribute to us not being overrun in midfield. Its a roll of the dice for sure but I can't stand watching us fall down the exact same way one more time this season to them.

Hoping either Souttar or Balogun return.
Butland
Sterling Souttar Davies Ridvan
Cantwell Raskin Diomande
Macausland Dessers Silva

(Assuming Sima Isn't fit to start)

The only thing these tragic losers will be pulling off is another embarrassing defeat, possibly the worst we’ve ever suffered.

I just hope they can keep the scoreline semi respectable.

I just sleep through old firms now, can't bring myself to watch it when i know the losers will do what they've done in every old firm for the last three years. Then i'll watch the highlights after and i'll see the same daft stuff we do every time, Borna and Raskin not playing to the whistle, Tav getting complacent with a long ball inside 20 seconds, Goldson handling the ball under no pressure, full backs letting cross after cross come in, Lundstrum stroking into his own net under no pressure, Dessers running through quicksand when one on one, Sakala missing open goals twice it goes on and on.

I’d favour a curveball selection but I suspect Clement will go with the repeat failures which could well generate a loss of significance.

My feeling is those players known to be going should not feature in this game, nor should anyone we are likely going to sell.

That would mean the necessity of using some younger players and all the better we’d be for it.

Look forward and trust those who will be around next season.

That may give us a chance…

By playing 10 of our supporters instead?
At least they would try!

Seriously, it doesn,t bode very well for next Saturday.
Most of our players are already in their heads, on the beach!

Highly unlikely we’ll win. To do so we’ll need a lot of luck and maybe, for once, the contentious refereeing and VAR decisions to go our way.

Whilst they are better than us all over the park (except in goal) we’ve had game changing decisions go against us in almost every old firm this season.

This will be the last stand for many of these Rangers players. Lundstrum surely if he is picked will want to right some wrongs and try his level best to deliver for the team.

That said the last time he played he fucked us good and proper. Not sure I want to see that version of him back in a Rangers shirt ever again.

Well with our defence would expect that mob to score at least 2-3 times so i fear a long afternoon
If we are not careful it has the potential to be very ugly

The positivity swapping out of this thread is embarrassing
Yes they start favourites and rightly so
But 4 league games this season have all been close and wrong refereeing decisions have cost us in at least two, couple to that we have gifted them soft goals in them all
Winning isn’t beyond us but will require a huge effort and Dessers not to miss a hat full of sitters

2-1 Rangers

Sure this will go down well....
If no Balogan or Souttar, do we play JL in the back 4??
We cannot have King at CB. Tav, JL, Diomande orSterling would be preferable.

All 4 league games have been close but that only makes me worry we're due a battering. We'll need an awful lot of luck. We're due some.

Not ideal changing formation for a cup game, but the only way we have even a shred of a chance is if we try something radically different.

Has to be a back 3. If Ben Davies is fit then the back 3 has to be Davies, Souttar and Balogun. We can't go with a back 4 and not give Celtic encouragement to attack our 2 defensively weak fullbacks. We don't have proper attacking width and that change would potentially give us a bit of something on the wings. Let Tavernier and Ridvan play a more aggressive, attacking role without worrying that the space behind them will be exploited.

Sterling as the defensive midfielder in front of the back 3 can help out defensively and can give energy to the midfield. Huge problem of who plays beside him. Midfield options are really poor. I'm not convinced at all by Diomande. Cantwell isn't half the player he thinks he is. Raskin has had injury issues, but hasn't shown nearly enough to suggest that he's going to be a good player. So it's 2 from that group. I'd keep Lundstram on the bench as a possible sub option for Sterling.

You could make an argument for Cantwell playing up front as a deep lying forward and playing off Dessers. There's also an argument that Sima could do that. Fabio Silva would probably be the better option in the final.

So I'd be tempted to go:

Butland

Ridvan
Davies
Souttar
Balogun
Tavernier

Sterling
Diomande
Cantwell

Favio Silva
Dessers

But that midfield isnt exactly filling me with confidence. Cantwell is quite a poor second to Matt O'Reilly. And it's relying on players being fit. The only wild card you could argue is Lundstram being the aggressive sweeper in a back 3 in the same way that we used Tugay in European games.

Its going to be hostile next season if he sticks with Tav & co should be go behind .
It he voluntery sticks with these players which I doubt you can start your new manager search now, if these players refuse moves from the club then they should be training with the youths.They can't be allowed to pollute the place any longer.

Never ever thought I’d be in a position were rangers are playing in a cup final and I won’t watch it, but that’s how this bunch of players (and sadly the manager) have me feeling. Same crap tactics that don’t work and same players repeating the same mistakes. Sad states of affairs.

Highly unlikely we’ll win. To do so we’ll need a lot of luck and maybe, for once, the contentious refereeing and VAR decisions to go our way.

Whilst they are better than us all over the park (except in goal) we’ve had game changing decisions go against us in almost every old firm this season.
We have also gifted them the winning goals in three out of the four fixtures. It would be a start if we could stop with the gifts and see what happens from there!

Suspect it will go in the same direction as the other games. I'll be watching and hoping for the best obviously but I'm finding it hard to rationalise the combination of return to form and desire across this team that wins us the trophy.

Mcausland coming back means we maybe won't drop long balls on Taylor for Sterling to challenge for this time.

Cant say I'm looking forward to it.

Don't trust these players at all

Big one for the manager this. He needs to learn very quickly

Anything can happen in cup finals.

Hard to make any case for us. I would play Sterling at RB which probably means having to play Lundstram which is far from ideal.

Their overconfidence remains our best chance and you just never know.

However it's far more likely that the lingering effects of the appointments of Perdo and Beale and the sacred cow era have their ultimate denouement.

It'll take something we haven't seen in years to win this.

Back