How are you feeling now a couple of days after the old firm game

I still have mixed feelings, tbh. Happy we retrieved a draw, but it was game that would have all but finished their hopes if we had won the 3 points.

Exactly the same, we are going to have to do this the hard’ish way. We need to play against the from 90 mins, and none of this second half crap

Feel not winning the game will cost us come the end of the season. Think we had to take 3 points from that one.

Clement is obviously hampered with injuries but I think he got the team selection wrong. With Cantwell unable to start, I thought he should have sacrificed the number 10 for an extra body beside Lundstram and Diomande. Lawrence was hopeless. If Scott Wright was the only option out wide then maybe he could have changed the system instead of playing him. He was like a man down.

I’ve had enough of Goldson letting us down in big games and still pissed off with Tav for the first goal.

The nervousness the players showed is a huge worry. Do they have it in them to see out a close title race?

They deserve credit for the comeback though. In previous seasons we’d have crumbled after going 2 down. Just think it’s not going to be enough, unfortunately.

Opportunity missed, again. We always struggle to beat Celtic when it matters.

Good showing and fight in the 2nd half and after going in 2-0 at half time, happy to have got a point.

Simply must get something at Parkhead and that’s easier said than done under some of these players who threw in yet more clangers against Celtic.

The game is done and its 100% focus on Dundee - which given the state of the park, is not a guaranteed win (should it be on).

Runny nose, sneezing every 5 mins and can’t go 5 mins without shitting!!!
Thanks for asking

My thoughts? It came a week too soon for us in terms of getting players back fit. If Sima could have started ahead of Wright, would Tav have been as nervous behind him and let that first goal in?

Also slightly worried by the depth our our squad after this season. It seems for absolute certain by team selection that Borna, Jack, Roofe, McLaughlin and Davies are not part of Clement's plans going forward. Also clear that Lawrence, Goldson, Wright, Dessers are not good enough going forward. Two of our first choice starters Sima and Silva when fit are on loan and would cost us a fortune to buy. Lundstram and Balogun are out of contract and could leave also. Removing all the above we have a squad of Butland, McRorie, Tav, Souttar, Yilmaz, Sterling, Diamonde, McAusland, Matondo and Danilo! I hadnt appreciated the scale of the rebuild required, even if we - as I think we will - win the league!

Still disappointed tbh. Yes it was pleasing to avoid defeat at the game, after that horrible first half but I believed we had to win to give us any genuine chance of being Champions and that hasn’t changed so still disappointed!

We reacted badly to an early blow, but ultimately they bottled burying our title hopes having played at the top of their game form the entire first half.

We took more positives from the game than then they did.

If we want to win the league we need to get a result when we go there. It really is that simple. We had a real chance the other day and didn't take it, but we are in a better position than them

Overriding feeling is a missed opportunity.

Also hope to %^*& that we never see a performance like we did in the first half ever again.

If we get at least a point there and win the league its clearly an important point gained.

As of now though I cant help think we have blown it they will fancy their chances of beating us and our players have shown nothing to say they can go there and get something, our record there since Gerrard went is an humiliating.

I’ll tell you after the weekend. It’s all about who reacts better to the result. If we get six points in next two matches then I’ll feel more confident. St Mirren will also test them at the weekend. It’s all about who blinks first.

My overriding feeling is that I don’t want to have to go to parkhead and get “something” in order for us to win the league.
I’m starting to think we’ll need at least a draw.
I’m unsure if this squad of ours has it in them to keep them out for 45 minutes let alone 90 minutes.
I can see us chasing the game needing 1 or 2 goals with 20 minutes left, to grab a draw.
I have no real fear with us dropping points to anyone else.
I can’t see them dropping points to anybody else either though.

Disappointed as don’t think we handled the way that they scored there first and dellighted with the response in the second half and just need to play the way we did in the second half at there shitehole.

Annoyed there is major doubts over Wednesday, on to the next game in record time! Normally mulling over any old firm result but really buying into the 1 game at a time fan/player synergy, the nerves are like steel now for the title race :))

Very disappointed we didn't win.
Certainly had them on the ropes after the Tav penalty, had the 2nd goal stood could have been any number as we were running over the top of them at will at that point. They'd have been as shocked as we were after 20 seconds

I feel sick,
sick to the back fuckin teeth of having a team who do not have enough bite in them to want to destroy that scum,

who do not hate these cunts enough to want to batter them to %^*& even when we have a team of players with better ability and should be able to beat them on ability alone,

sick that we passed up an opportunity to leave a points gap on them,

and sick of the fact that this 'lot' that we have don't have the balls to do the job at parkhead as well as the remaining games,

I just hope to hell they prove me wrong,

still feel fuckin sick from that

Last edited:
Relieved we are still in it, however we can't continue to collapse and give away cheap goals especially against them

Half time: we should be about 4 down
70mins: we should be winning
88mins: we've chucked this
98min: somehow we've saved this.

2 massive points dropped, or a massive point saved. Only time will tell.

Psychologically/mentally I reckon that result killed them. They had the game won at half time, to then having it won with minutes to go after being pegged back.

They'll drop more points than us I think.

Feeling ok - they have lost their margin for error - they probably need too win 6 from 6 to win the league and very little this season has suggested that they are capable of that.

Between Sunday and the loss to Motherwell I see it as lost opportunities especially with the games being at home.
But win at Dundee and go top and take it from there..
We can't change the past !!

Proud of the 2nd half and huge credit to the players that scored. we messed up letting them score the goals they did. Some of our players were weak as piss at times on Sunday with a total lack of awareness around them. They just couldn’t cope first half and the occasion and pressure was too much for certain players. My personal view on who was weakest was Lawrence. An absolute no show on Sunday from him. But I would feel a lot worse if we had lost.

Still disappointed at the first half performance, though the way we came back twice shows the spirit and fight in this team.

Still very positive. If you’d told me when Clement was appointed, we’d have a game in hand away to Dundee to go 2 points clear with 6 games to play, I’d have snapped your arm off never mind your hand.

Great position to be in and it’s ours to lose.

Personally relieved we grabbed a draw after a battling second half

Tend to think it’s best to draw a curtain over that first half and hope we never see the likes ago

Overall I feel disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we salvaged a point, but if we’d turned up in the first half we’d have beaten them.

A failed opportunity, again.

Personally relieved we grabbed a draw after a battling second half

Tend to think it’s best to draw a curtain over that first half and hope we never see the likes ago
I’m guided by context even now.
Expected to win but managed to salvage a draw from a very difficult position.
Then did it again.
At the end of the day, we’re still in control of our destiny.
What I’d have given to be in this position after our loss to the sheep in the autumn, is incalculable.

I've got the fear of going to their place. 60k rabids with the league in their hands.I fear we will need them to slip up one more time for us to take the flag

Was so relieved to salvage a point after what was an abomination of a 45 minutes. The worst ever and I am over 60 so I've seen a few.
I'm far from convinced about Diomande thought he was extremely poor on Sunday.

Relieved and concerned,they looked more confident than us which for me doesn’t bode well for the visit there,however a draw is achievable.

I still have mixed feelings, tbh. Happy we retrieved a draw, but it was game that would have all but finished their hopes if we had won the 3 points.
and dented ours if they had received 3 points. It was a comeback for the ages after a poor and unlucky first half

That fluke goal and the time scored threw us to the wind screwed the game up from the off, had that not happened I believe we would have won that game.

That’s it for me.

Record books don’t have emotions. They’ll show we blew an opportunity to maintain control of the race.

Make no mistake, even after blowing a two goal lead, they left happy. In their eyes, and probably rightly so given our woeful record against them, especially at their ground, they are favorites now. More home games than us too. I fear we are going to be looking at Kilmarnock or Hearts doing some damage to them for a third time this season.
Hopefully they play Kilmarnock away first game of split and draw creating a 4 point gap

Massive pressure on them for the game at parkhead

I thought we were so bloody nervous and played in a frenzy most of the match we need to calm down a bit and play our football

Slightly disappointed we never won and the joy at achieving the draw was mostly down to blowing it in the first half.
We should have beat them on Sunday. The wind conditions were a factor I felt. A very blustery swirling wind.
Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Matondos goal could be huge come the end of the season, it still leaves it in our hands

Still dissapointed we didn't turn up for that first 45. And gut feeling is well need to beat them there to win the league

Half time: we should be about 4 down
70mins: we should be winning
88mins: we've chucked this
98min: somehow we've saved this.

2 massive points dropped, or a massive point saved. Only time will tell.

Psychologically/mentally I reckon that result killed them. They had the game won at half time, to then having it won with minutes to go after being pegged back.

They'll drop more points than us I think.
The way their players reacted to Matondo's equaliser adds to my hope. They looked gutted and deflated, like a team who conceded a winner in the 120th minute of a cup final after extra time. On one hand, that's a natural reaction. But it could also be a reaction that tells you "we felt we needed the win today and after a massive effort, we failed." Hopefully that's a reflection of the atmosphere around their squad going into last weekend. We'll see how they pick themselves up for the next game.

Think we showed in the second half we are more than capable of matching them, win the rest of the games we have & at worst avoid defeat at the piggery.

The way their players reacted to Matondo's equaliser adds to my hope. They looked gutted and deflated, like a team who conceded a winner in the 120th minute of a cup final after extra time. On one hand, that's a natural reaction. But it could also be a reaction that tells you "we felt we needed the win today and after a massive effort, we failed." Hopefully that's a reflection of the atmosphere around their squad going into last weekend. We'll see how they pick themselves up for the next game.
Agreed!

The reactions of their bench when they went 3-2 up looked like a cup final winning celebration, and then 3-3 showed a team who were desperate to win, and failed as you say, was abject misery.

Back