How do we get rid of JJ?

He scored a great goal in the 1-5 demolition at Motherwell , something we couldn't do later in the season when he was absent.
Give the guy a break ffs.
He scored a great goal in the 1-5 demolition at Motherwell , something we couldn't do later in the season when he was absent.
Give the guy a break ffs.
We never beat Motherwell 5-1 because of Jones haha and certainly never failed to beat them because he wasn’t here

When you look at our squad this year, apart from players that have been loaned out, there isn’t a poor player amongst them. Strongest squad we have ever had I think, quality players throughout.

Sunderland fans not impressed with Jordan Jones so it looks like no chance of a fee there. I was hoping to at least get a fee that covered the cost of our outlay on his wages. Now looking like we will be lucky to give him away.

I think he looks like he has done OK at Sunderland, mind you, it is only the best bits i have seen and it is League 1. He basically fecked it for himself up here due to his own stupidity.

If we don't then I'll be content. A good squad option over the course of a season. Was disappointed with the way it went for him last season, but I still believe he can be an asset.

I think he's done quite well. Scored some nice goals, decent assists ,fast, an international. Talk of other clubs interested. We'll sell him quite easily imo.
You’re not taking into account he is thick as a human being can possibly be.
Most teams want a semblance of intelligence with their players.

Sunderland went on a bit of a run and were looking good for automatic promotion. Their manager then changed the system and the wheels fell off. They lost their first leg playoff the other night 2-0 and weren’t at it at all. Jones has done alright in spurts but nothing terribly consistent. I’d be surprised if they made it permanent as there could be another summer of upheaval down there.

He’s one of these players that will look back at certain decisions and think “what if”. One of Gerrards best characteristics as a manager is to see the ones that don’t have it mentally and get them away from the squad. Gerrards team building approach is on track to be up there with Walters and Fergusons, Jones will end up buying in or be sold. In the grand scheme of things we’ll bring someone in that does get it

Can't wait till he fires us to 56 next season and scoops all the POTY awards.

Taking a punt at this thread being resurrected next year. :)

If we can get rid without paying anything we've won a watch, Kilmarnock player being of Kilmarnock standard, worth a punt but quickly found out

He’s one of these players that will look back at certain decisions and think “what if”. One of Gerrards best characteristics as a manager is to see the ones that don’t have it mentally and get them away from the squad. Gerrards team building approach is on track to be up there with Walters and Fergusons, Jones will end up buying in or be sold. In the grand scheme of things we’ll bring someone in that does get it

Gerrard and Carragher were both renowned at Liverpool for sussing out who had what it takes and who was a chancer in training. Probably one of the most important traits a manager can have tbh.

Gerrard and Carragher were both renowned at Liverpool for sussing out who had what it takes and who was a chancer in training. Probably one of the most important traits a manager can have tbh.
Pinging passes in and writing players off within 5 minutes, it sounds harsh but it’s the mentality that’s let him build one of the greatest achievements in football history. From a team of players that went into old firm games shitting themselves to the swaggering, no nonsense kings of Scotland. Fking love that man

Back