How does it play out now?

The weird thing is we'd have bitten the hand off to have our current position back in October.
Likewise if someone told us at the start of the season they would drop 21 points up to now and we'd still be 3 points behind we wouldn't be happy.

All about context.

Reality is we were ahead and fùcked it.

Right now I don't see us winning another game all season.

I know we will but I think we loom absolutely knackered.

Remember the poor preseason we had. The back end of the season is where the work done in preseason comes to fruition.

My worst fear was getting to final day , and a helicopter Sunday scenario. The hibs away year example. And our players crashing under pressure. Desperately wanted league but not a last day pressure pot.

It’s apparent that the team is imploding and the reason for that is unclear.

I have no further ambitions regarding the league. It’s all over and we will do well to avoid a bleaching at the piggery.

The Manager must focus on our best chance of more silverware this season, the Scottish Cup. Win the game on Sunday and then see what happens in the league.

This could explain Clement’s bizarre post match presser.

Who knows but I'm not throwing in the towel at a 3 point gap.

Fans turning on the players will not help matters a jot.

Irony is that we've still a treble to play for, so its way ahead of expectations last October.
But for many fans, the shock of how players have reacted is hard to bear or beyond professional comprehension.

Sadly i think we'll lose the league quickly , and Clement will try a few things - but it will be torture.

If we beat Hearts, it will probably be made worse by concentrating on getting a team for a final that we cant find a sembelence of a team for.
I doubt many of the squad would fancy a cup final to be honest.

Thereafter , its all about a summer clearance.
HopefullyBig Phil has some good contacts and comes up with some good young talent that can do the basics (at low cost) and think playing at some level in Europe and in front of 50000 is a career enhamcement.

It can go either way at the moment. I hope Clement doesn't take the passive approach and drops a good number and tries something different on Sunday and going forward into the split.

Despite how bad we have been we are 1 good result away from being favourites again. I would rather he risked it now instead of the same line up as we can all see its not working.

Back