How many still travelling to Germany?

They’re playing bcd for a reason. Can’t see them allowing any congregation of away fans.

Hope all those who have splashed out will get their hard earned back.

Best staying home lads. Go to the local, watch the game and bank the cash. Keep it for when things return to normal.

It’s ok getting to these places but what if they lock it down? Total pain on the arse being stuck abroad in isolation.

Hell of a lot can change between now and then (as in get worse). On a Stag to Dusseldorf myself this weekend, rather they just cancelled all flights now - will go but not that keen on it.

Were due to travel via Brussels, but won’t be going.
Just need to take the hit on flights, but fortunately got free cancellation on hotel and hadn’t yet booked transport through to Cologne.

None of our group going now, despite losing over £300 a head on flights, trains and accommodation.

Come next week, I reckon there will be very few going, particularly as the number of cases will have dramatically increased and there will be a real danger of flights out of Germany being cancelled and getting stuck there.

Much more sensible approach, what's the point of going that distance when you can't enjoy it.
Defiantly , we were saying would still go over if it got cancelled last week , but now it’s actually happened it seems pointless, the full place could be in lock down come next week. Not worth it.

A real sore one for those that have shelled out hundreds. Sensible decision though.

No,had booked the Amsterdam ferry and a wee drive through the Netherlands,lost £85 can I start crowdfunding please.

if you can change your flights to later in the year then do so rather than ignoring them

Dusseldorf in the summer is lovely, the Altstadt (Old Town) is like the West End on speed. Also Oktoberfest is big in Dusseldorf

I saw there’s an option on euro wings to change the date of the flights? Might just pick any weekend later in the year if it allows.

do Eurowings not charge to do this ?

Had a look at Ryanair and they want £50 per flight to change date/route. Cheaper just buying new flights.

Just posted on the other thread. I’ve said all along I was still going but after much thought, cancelled last night. I have 2 friends in Düsseldorf where I was staying, one says ‘so sorry, but I thought this would happen. Every day new bad news. I think it will take time until we can go back to normal live.’ The other said ‘now it’s the panic real.’

I wouldn’t be surprised if Germany follow Italy now. We lost the cost of the flights but all things considered, the correct decision (for us.) It is a personal decision and it’s all about choice, I’m sure plenty will still choose to go.

do Eurowings not charge to do this ?

Had a look at Ryanair and they want £50 per flight to change date/route. Cheaper just buying new flights.
Eurowings are allowing you to change your bookings to another date later in year free of charge, because of the coronavirus.

Have a look on their website if any bears have booked with them, saves losing them completely.

Eurowings are allowing you to change your bookings to another date later in year free of charge, because of the coronavirus.

Have a look on their website if any bears have booked with them, saves losing them completely.

thanks for that.
My mate was booked with them so I’ll let him know.

really disagree with anyone planning to go over there.
Yes it’s a pain in the arse. And you are getting nothing for your money. Bt the bigger picture is more important

claim back your flight taxes and be done with it

really disagree with anyone planning to go over there.
Yes it’s a pain in the arse. And you are getting nothing for your money. Bt the bigger picture is more important

claim back your flight taxes and be done with it
It's hardly worth claiming them back from a budget airline as they will have an admin fee that will mean you get very little or nothing back

Hold off cancelling your flights because if they put Germany into lock down next week like Italy you will get you flight and accomdation money refunded as the will be advising agaisnt travel.

Going to wait and see how it develops but unless they put the country in lockdown / advise against travel still going to go.

Don’t understand those saying no point, would think the only time they go abroad is for the football.

If they put Germany in lock down or the area then the game will be cancelled I would think.
Also the club need to seriously think about whether to actually travel there in the first place. Interesting few days ahead for UEFA.

Yes, as good a chance of catching it "in yer local" next week as there will be catching it in Germany.
Hence why I shall not be binning 300 worth of flights unless we get a full refund.
Well no, there’s more infected people in Germany than here(so far) so your more likely to catch it over there.

Hope you’ve no elderly relatives then, at least you’ll get use of your flights though eh

Well no, there’s more infected people in Germany than here(so far) so your more likely to catch it over there.

Hope you’ve no elderly relatives then, at least you’ll get use of your flights though eh
The clue is in the "so far" bit.
And I don't have elderly relatives, so thanks.

Carrying on with the good wishes,
I hope your elderly relatives don't bump into any German, Spanish or Italian travellers this next week or 2.

I can only assume you'll be sitting out the Rangers Celtic game this weekend as a precaution?
You wouldn't be being selfish would you?

Last edited:
The clue is in the "so far" bit.
And I don't have elderly relatives, so thanks.

Carrying in with the good wishes,
I hope your elderly relatives don't bump into any German, Spanish or Italian travellers this next week or 2.

I can only assume you'll be sitting out the Rangers Celtic game this weekend as a precaution?
You wouldn't be being selfish would you?

You might not but plenty other people you come into contact with will have elderly relatives.

Very selfish attitude for the sake of a measly £300 imo. End up over there doing what? Sitting in quiet bars? Sounds shit.

There’s currently no-ban on gatherings here so I’ll be at Ibrox on Sunday but probably last time for a while.

Back