How much are you missing watching Rangers?

Was delighted to get away from it for a while after our second annual collapse in all honesty.

This. Not missed it in the slightest and not in any hurry to go back to it as things stand, especially after the events of the last few weeks.

Miss the match day rituals, the big European nights, the joy of a goal/victory and the post match debate. Not at all missing the bent refs, the cheating, time wasting opposition or our team shooting themselves in the foot with depressing regularity. If this had happened in January, it would be a very different story.

I was talking to a mate the other day about this. Watching Rangers is bloody stressful. It's an obsession and I can't say that I actively enjoy it.

If we were winning leagues easily then I would say I enjoy.

I want them to win, I support them, I obsess over the results over the other teams, I obsess over who we are linked with, injuries, the actions of the manager, the behind the scenes stuff and the constant politics with regards to the unfinished season etc.

It's something in me that I just need to deal with it. It's an obsession rather than something I enjoy.

Even without the football being played, the obsession continues!

Would I have it any other way though? As mad as it sounds, probably not.

Missing that feeling of walking up the stairs and into the stadium.
Going out of the ground after the Leverkusen game had a feeling it might be a while before we were back.

It was almost eerie at the Leverkusen game. I had a feeling it would be a long time too

I miss it like I miss all the other normal things I do in my life. Life has become weird at the moment and football and other sports are just one of the important ( if trivial) parts of our lives that has been taken away from us at the moment.

Looking forward to the new season, as ever the anticipation is there, but we'll see.

As for now, obviously missing The Rangers, but other matters are more important at the moment.

Stay safe everyone,

Not missed a single home match all season, did a good few away days

Genuinely not missing it at all. Our collapse after Christmas put a dampener on it but I think but the way the whole spfl saga has went on, its clear the only objective is to get them to 10 then just shrug their shoulders.

Haven't missed it at all

I couldn't wait for the season to end, we were a complete and utter shambles. There was no enjoyment watching us struggle home and away, losing to Hamilton, drawing with St. Johnstone, showing no appetite, hunger, desire or fight at Tynecastle.

As a result I haven't missed it as much as I would have thought.

The break came at a good time for me and now I am ready to go again.
Pretty much this.
Glad for the wee break from it. Want it back now though

Loads, I miss feeling angry and anxious as we go from playing crap to amazing in the space of 45 minutes. In all seriousness though, the weekends just aren't the same.

Miss watching us loads, but totally scunnered with the corruption that has taken place in the past few weeks.

Makes it worse that is the end of the season, and it’s transfer market time. Should be getting excited about the season ahead

The way we were playing after Christmas I was glad to get away from it for a while. That’s completely changed over the last few weeks and I’m missing it big time now. Hopefully we get some form of clarity soon and can start looking forward.

Missing that feeling of walking up the stairs and into the stadium.
Going out of the ground after the Leverkusen game had a feeling it might be a while before we were back.
Despite the score I left that game buzzing about playing Them on the Sunday. The end of football really didn’t feel real. It was just so abrupt, like an unexpected death, and I’ve never recovered. Going to Ibrox is part of my life, my routine and I’ve had that passion taken from me. I’m suffering.

Missing the whole day as opposed to simply missing watching Rangers.

Miss the opportunity to meet up with my sons, make our way to Ibrox, a few pints in the Louden before hand, where we catch up on life in general and consider the possible line up for the day and the teams chances, discuss all things Rangers and the chance to reflect on the highs and lows we have experienced together following our club over the years, on to the match itself and then the inevitable post mortem/match review (good and bad) on the way home. .

Its been part of my life for so long from the days when my old dad left me outside the pub with a coke and a packet of crisps before heading to the game, to my graduation to travelling with mates as part of the young team of our day, to taking my own kids when they were young right up until now when they still come along but actually buy a round of drinks :). And to looking forward to the day when we exchange the Louden for the fan zone when the grandkids are old enough to join us.

Can't wait for it to return - the good, the bad and the downright ugly (as it's often been in recent years).

Back