How much did this cost us?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
Listening to the H&H update (listen to it), they touched on the fact the impact to our top line is approx £100m. Yes. £100MILLION.

That not conjecture or speculation. That cold hard facts on our books.

Add into the fact that king etc are front loading tens of millions of pounds to get us back to an even keel. We probably aren’t far away from £150m.

Then there is the loss of major assets that we probably wouldn’t have sold anyway but could have. Davis, shagger, Naismith, Whittaker etc etc. Easily over £200m of financial damage done to our club in 7 years.

Am I wildly wrong? If I am, please tell me because I really don’t think I am.

Then you look at the damage to Scottish football. Grass roots football. Scottish National football.

All because they hate us.

I will not hold my breath, waiting for the SNP to say anything about this whole mess or the fact that people from her own ward lost jobs and pensions because of the very people who hate us are within her own party.

Monetary terms you can count. I spent 2012 under the carpet. Sleepless nights. Friendships for decades gone because of the outpouring of bile at our club. Thousands giving up seasons tickets that meant the world to them . Boycotting Ibrox. That’s what’s pissing me off most just now

40-50m of assets.
10m in national prize money (roughly) over 4 years out the top flight.
Lets say we got to champions league groups just twice and europa league groups just twice, 70m right there.
Sponsorships of minimum 10m, minimum.
Retail of 20-25m, minimum.

I dread to think absolutely sickening it's the people who lost jobs at Rangers and the potential trophies we've lost out on competing for that's bothering me the most all due to an either an incompetent or malicious act.

x
40-50m of assets.
10m in national prize money (roughly) over 4 years out the top flight.
Lets say we got to champions league groups just twice and europa league groups just twice, 70m right there.
Sponsorships of minimum 10m, minimum.
Retail of 20-25m, minimum.

Whilst I take the points. We need to be sensible when looking at our turnover. Average before and after is the best of doing this imo.

the difference in our ticket pricing from lower leagues and spl + 6 years of no european money + loss of player sales + loss of merch revenue + loss of potential investment = easily £100+ mil

thats not even taking into consideration the cost to those who lost jobs due to downsizing

the difference in our ticket pricing from lower leagues and spl + 6 years of no european money + loss of player sales + loss of merch revenue + loss of potential investment = easily £100+ mil

thats not even taking into consideration the cost to those who lost jobs due to downsizing
You are spot on. It’s in our audited accounts.

It’s not heresay, conjecture or fantasy. It’s fact

You are absolutely spot on.
Am no too good at sums PSE but if ye say that fantastic. As I've been saying to the mentally challenged scum for the last 7 years is at the end of the day what was alleged against us was NEVER illegal. Youse basterts on the other hand....well if yez know your history. Nuff said.

As well as the £80m that went out the back door and the prize money we’d have won over the years. Quarter of a billion££!?

Wow some of these figures are mind blowing.
We are possibly looking £200 Million of losses and assets, fucking raging.

Add Tv revenue, league placement awards and european income to the list.

Easily £100m but you could double it by the time we when title number 55 massive hit for any bloody team in Scotland would wipe out most if not for us the fans filling the place every other week scary when you think so.

Some things you just can't measure as has been said previously, people who lost their jobs their savings their belief in our club ,then you have the reputational damage which is still ongoing you can't buy your reputation,but you can lose it ,or should I say it can be damaged beyond repair by people who set out to kill our club by every means possible, they are still trying using every means at their disposition

I would say it's north of £200m easily when everything is taken into account. That in itself shows how big a club we are that we survived it. Not many clubs in world football could.

Monetary terms you can count. I spent 2012 under the carpet. Sleepless nights. Friendships for decades gone because of the outpouring of bile at our club. Thousands giving up seasons tickets that meant the world to them . Boycotting Ibrox. That’s what’s pissing me off most just now

Sorry for piggybacking onto your issues, but this 100%.

One of my closest friends was a bigger Rangers fan than me. His whole family was. We had good times at Ibrox. We had shi*t times at Ibrox under Le Guen. Due to my family issue I couldnt make Manchester 2008, and he went with another friend but pis*ed off that his main Rangers friend couldnt be there.

Anyway ... things happened to our club. He didnt follow us in the lower leagues. He started supporting junior football instead (which based on cost I understand)

Since then he has become a pro SNP, pro Independence, hates Britishness, hates Rangers fans, I have no idea what turned him.

I dont hate him. I miss him

One of my closest friends was a bigger Rangers fan than me. His whole family was. We had good times at Ibrox. We had shi*t times at Ibrox under Le Guen. Due to my family issue I couldnt make Manchester 2008, and he went with another friend but pis*ed off that his main Rangers friend couldnt be there.

Anyway ... things happened to our club. He didnt follow us in the lower leagues. He started supporting junior football instead (which based on cost I understand)

Since then he has become a pro SNP, pro Independence, hates Britishness, hates Rangers fans, I have no idea what turned him.

That’s a mental and sad story which highlights the brainwashing of people who happen to be at a point in life where they can be got at.

That’s a mental and sad story which highlights the brainwashing of people who happen to be at a point in life where they can be got at.
Thats the thing. In 2012 I was 28, and he was mid 20s. I feel the SNP targeted a lot of younger, Braveheart was real, manipulated people... but that is a different thing

This is still costing us actual cash this very day. Without the inflated tax bill there’s no chance fat Ashley would have got such a lopsided retail deal. Our annual account shows the cost of the legal fees we are having to shell out to fight the case and the loss of revenue from merchandise sales.

You don't hate him.

You're a better man than me.

The true cost is yet unknown, looking back you can total £100M+ of lost assets, prize money, retail and commercial revenue but looking forward it may well cost us our position as Scotland most successful club.

We’re in a good place on-field but we’re too dependent on Gerrard just now. Hopefully, by the time he leaves, the club will be back to where we were but we’re not there yet and there’s no guarantee we’ll get there.

I’m convinced we’ll win the league soon, if not this season then next but I’m not confident that we’ll win 5 of the next 10 titles which should be a minimum for Rangers.

The overstatement of tax liability and the events that ensued have allowed them 4-7 year free run which has resulted in us being a distant second off-field. They have got all their ducks in a row and we’re up against it to turn that around.

I know I’ll get stick for saying that but unless we recognise the size of our task we’ve no chance of achieving it.

Here's a very rough and unscientific calculation of what it may have cost us, using the preceding 7 years as a baseline (this will probably get picked apart by the more qualified among you but for now lets entertain this.). As H&H stated on their daily update, our average revenue preceding 2012 was about 50 million a year, In the following 4 years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) that was about 20 million, the next 2 years (2017, 2018) was about 30 million and this year (2019) was back up at about 50 million. That's 160 million over 6 years, right off the bat (30x4 + 20x2).

Next, we look at our prize money for competitions, both domestic and in Europe. In the preceding 7 years before admin, we qualified for the CL Group Stage 5 times, the UEFA Cup Group Stage 1 time, and got to the UEFA Cup final. Now i'm going to remove the final from the equation as it is clearly an outlier. The CL prize pot was around 20 million for group stage appearances back then i think, not 30 like it is now, and the UEFA Cup was about half that if memory serves (and still hasn't risen much since). There's another 110 million (20x5 + 10). We won the league 3 times in that period, were runners up 3 times as well. Prize Money + TV for winning is about 3 million, for runners up about 2 million (i believe, don't quote me on that), so there's another 15 million.

Then you have the assets. Many players who were about to, or were already, hitting their prime and being eyed south of the border. We can assume having players like Jelavic, Naismith, Aluko, Davis, McGregor, Wallace, Papac, Edu and so on was, at a conservative guess, probably worth around 40-50 million.

So, from my highly unscientific calculations that absolutely should not be trusted, from these three factors alone (i'm sure there's a lot more to it, and this doesn't take into account any human cost) we missed out on:

- 160 Million in Revenue
- 125 million in Prize Money and associated TV money
- 40-50 million in assets

Somewhere in the region of 330 Million Pounds

Astounding.

Our glorious first minister will be shouting from the rooftops of St Andrews house demanding that we are reimbursed by the Tory led HMRC and that it's Scotland's constitutional right that one of the leading football clubs in Scotland, nay, Europe and of course World record holders, was damaged by the Tory inspired Taxman and in her own constituency where everyone is equal.

Meanwhile in the real world....

Listening to the H&H update (listen to it), they touched on the fact the impact to our top line is approx £100m. Yes. £100MILLION.

That not conjecture or speculation. That cold hard facts on our books.

Add into the fact that king etc are front loading tens of millions of pounds to get us back to an even keel. We probably aren’t far away from £150m.

Then there is the loss of major assets that we probably wouldn’t have sold anyway but could have. Davis, shagger, Naismith, Whittaker etc etc. Easily over £200m of financial damage done to our club in 7 years.

Am I wildly wrong? If I am, please tell me because I really don’t think I am.

Then you look at the damage to Scottish football. Grass roots football. Scottish National football.

All because they hate us.
Put it this way if they had to pay out compo there fucked.

Just at the point where the transfer market goes down sane we are forced to give away a squad full of internationals and go out and pay money to replace them with Kyle, Black, Sandaza et al

Our absence from the top level has cost us £100m easy from sponsorship, Europe, onerous contracts etc.

I will not hold my breath, waiting for the SNP to say anything about this whole mess or the fact that people from her own ward lost jobs and pensions because of the very people who hate us are within her own party.
Fvck the SNP. Right in the ladys rear bottom.

Here's a very rough and unscientific calculation of what it may have cost us, using the preceding 7 years as a baseline (this will probably get picked apart by the more qualified among you but for now lets entertain this.). As H&H stated on their daily update, our average revenue preceding 2012 was about 50 million a year, In the following 4 years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) that was about 20 million, the next 2 years (2017, 2018) was about 30 million and this year (2019) was back up at about 50 million. That's 160 million over 6 years, right off the bat (30x4 + 20x2).

Next, we look at our prize money for competitions, both domestic and in Europe. In the preceding 7 years before admin, we qualified for the CL Group Stage 5 times, the UEFA Cup Group Stage 1 time, and got to the UEFA Cup final. Now i'm going to remove the final from the equation as it is clearly an outlier. The CL prize pot was around 20 million for group stage appearances back then i think, not 30 like it is now, and the UEFA Cup was about half that if memory serves (and still hasn't risen much since). There's another 110 million (20x5 + 10). We won the league 3 times in that period, were runners up 3 times as well. Prize Money + TV for winning is about 3 million, for runners up about 2 million (i believe, don't quote me on that), so there's another 15 million.

Then you have the assets. Many players who were about to, or were already, hitting their prime and being eyed south of the border. We can assume having players like Jelavic, Naismith, Aluko, Davis, McGregor, Wallace, Papac, Edu and so on was, at a conservative guess, probably worth around 40-50 million.

So, from my highly unscientific calculations that absolutely should not be trusted, from these three factors alone (i'm sure there's a lot more to it, and this doesn't take into account any human cost) we missed out on:

- 160 Million in Revenue
- 125 million in Prize Money and associated TV money
- 40-50 million in assets

Somewhere in the region of 330 Million Pounds

Astounding.
Good effort

Never mind the money.
What about the emotional torture hundreds of thousands of fans have endured? The fans are blameless in this yet we are the ones taking the snide comments from the rest. The money IS an issue for the folk who lost jobs or didn't get paid. It's a Scandal.

And fans like myself having something other than utter resentment for Scottish football. I used to have a soft spot for Hibs believe it or not.

Back