How much has your life changed since the 2008 final?

I was 21 in 2008
Loved the build up on the day arriving at Manchester
Can’t remember much of the build up the week leading up to the game tbh
I’ve not slept well since we got to thIs final lol
Since 2008 my life’s changed big time with having a family now
2012 will makes us appreciate the good times even more when they come
It made us a stronger support second to none
The Ibrox atmosphere is being spoken about as the best in Europe
So to the people who tried to kill us
You never broke us you only made us stronger!!
NO SURRENDER

Finished school.

Went to and graduated from University.

Full Time job

Bought a house

Got married

Professional Career

Had 2 kids

3rd child due this year

Don't think I have ever read anything so meaningful on FollowFollow. Every little bit of life, the happy the sad, the hopes, despair and all that life throws at people. What a boost a win tomorrow will bring to one and all. Cheers to the Rangers family.

I was at the final in Manchester and enjoyed everything apart from the result. This final I’m more than happy to sit in my house and watch it on television.

In my 40s rather than 20s, both my sons now in late teens. Ditched my trial wife, 21 year old girlfriend and a baby girl on the way!

3 New jobs since 2008.
Moved from Polmont to Ibrox
Married, and now a dad.
Lost a fair bit of weight, and gained a few grey hairs.

The day after Manchester was my Higher English exam. I got an A, however the results came out the day of the Kaunas game so that was a bit of a dampener. In the 14 years since I don't think I've had to use any of the skills allegedly taught to me in Higher English.
Well, your post had no spelling errors, was well structured and grammatically correct, so . . .

In 08 I didn’t get to Manchester as my 2nd was being born 2 days after and my hag of an x said I wouldn’t be back. Couldn’t get the time off anyway. 37 and waiting on my 6th coming in July. New missus. Same verdict

What a great thread :) I was 17 at the time.
Like most mine are:

1 child
New job
Married
Mortgage
3 dogs

Don’t get to the games anymore but I’m more than happy in my armchair watching the teds.

Three week old daughter in 2008, now an OK teen.
Changed companies twice.
Changed job five times.
Moved house twice.
Added a cat and a dog.
Gained all the unfortunate physical effects of going from 30s to 50s.

Split up with the kids mum, (they were 8 & 6 at the time) horrible hellish time going through divorce and all that.
Ended up back at my folks house
Managed to get myself punted from a job I’d been in 15 years for basically calling my boss & some others a bunch of cnuts on social media
Been with the current mrs best part of 10 years now & bought new house at the end of last year.
Heading to the pub with my lad who’s 22 now & absolutely Rangers daft & would’ve been in Seville but for Uni stuff to watch it tonight.
I’m a helluva lot better place than 14 year ago

was 27 at the time.

married, graduated, two kids, buried two grandparents, worked like a fiend and paid my mortgage off at 37, debt free!

Now I believe!

Moved back to Scotland recently, kids are grown up and I'm now retired (though that may only be temporary). It's lucky Steven Davis and Alan Macgregor haven't developed the long list of medical conditions (tinnitus, arthritis etc.) that I have since the 2008 final otherwise they wouldn't be in the squad!

Did my English exam the next day, went to college, uni, trained up for my work qualifications, got my first flat then first house, married in a few months with a wee one born in March! Boy to Man in the timeframe. WATP

Still working at the same place, still married to the same wife, still live in the same house and if I do go to a bar to watch the game it'd be to the same pub with the same mate.

So, other than being balder and some rotation in the cat roster, not much has changed.

Had my 50th and 60th birthdays. Lost my brother, two aunties, father in law and best wee dog I ever had. Gained 3 beautiful grandkids. Took early retirement due to ill health but now fit and raring to go. Kept my season ticket throughout the bad times and would love to see us win for my brother and other absent friends.

Back