How much would you pay for Goss?

He was worth £500k when QPR bought him,he's played less than a dozen games since then and been sent out on loan. How on earth can he be worth £4m?
I wouldn't say he is worth that but the over inflated market down there will dictate.

I appreciate he went for £500,000 when he joined them but he was surplus to requirements at Old Trafford.

If he continues to do well with us his stock will rise .

Don’t want to put a dampener on things but I think a few people are getting ahead of themselves.

There’s a few things to consider. QPR signed Goss for a fee of £500k potentially rising to £800k (with 6 months remaining on his contract). Players in the final 6 months of their contract generally go for about 20/30% of their actual market value so there’s a £2-3m player there already.

QPR rate him, Man Utd offered him a new deal that he rejected so they too obviously rated him.

We’ll be looking at a good few million here.

I said yesterday possibly £2m but in reflection and after Holloway’s comments I think we’d be looking at £3m+ and I’m not sure we can afford that sort of outlay for 1 player.

Behave yourself.

The moment I see Rangers produce the performance level of the last 6 weeks without him.

I will behave myself.

Until that time I will continue to big up the monumental difference being made by him and Murphy.

Remember all those Celtic embarassments with Barton Kranjcar Windass Pena being made to look silly. Just watch them back off Goss once its clear he's running things.

I wouldn't say he is worth that but the over inflated market down there will dictate.

I appreciate he went for £500,000 when he joined them but he was surplus to requirements at Old Trafford.

If he continues to do well with us his stock will rise .

He was in the final 6 months of his contract. 500k wouldn’t have been a true reflection of his market value.

The problem may well turn out to be that other teams - even EPL teams - note his form at Ibrox and make a move for him. If that happens we have absolutely no chance.

All these good kids down south rarely get a chance unless their exceptional.It's a shame.
They coach them and throw them on the scrapheap, so why not just release the boys and let them have a career elsewhere, as they've not got a hope in hell to make it down there, as they overlook the boys and spend big for foreign duds.

It’s curious that QPR didn’t feel Goss’s ability was good enough for the bottom half of the English Championship, but claim to rate him very highly.

I suspect the kid is loving life at Ibrox at the minute - what’s not to like? Playing in front of 50,000 fans every other week, a state of the art training centre, a young team on the up, the chance to win some silverware, etc, etc, etc, none of which it looks like he’ll enjoy at Loftus Road anytime soon - so I reckon he’d jump at the chance of a move so long as there was a decent salary on offer.

I also think that despite protestations to the contrary QPR would be amenable to an offer.

The trick obviously is making one that’s attractive to them without breaking the bank.

Right now, despite such an impressive start, it’s difficult to see us offering much more than a couple of million for him and I doubt that’ll be enough to persuade QPR to let him go.

Care to offer why?

Had a quick look on QPR’s forum recently and they were suggesting that Man Utd have a buy back on him. Unsure if that could complicate things even if they bought him back purely to make money on him

Arsenal had a buy back clause on Cesc Fabregas how did that go ? i'd think they'll waiver it as it was probably on protecting their initial time & investment had he turned into a Paul Pogba situation

Arsenal had a buy back clause on Cesc Fabregas how did that go ? i'd think they'll waiver it as it was probably on protecting their initial time & investment had he turned into a Paul Pogba situation

It would only be a first refusal situation anyway.

Be interested to see what price Man Utd inserted.

Anything up to 4 if we had it. Could be worth triple that in an english market.

This for me. He's worth £4m just by his limited appearances for us so far. Imagine how good he'll be with more experience when he's played another 50 first team games for us, if that were to be allowed to happen. He's young enough to fork out that kind of money and still be able to make a substantial profit down the line.

£4m is still a lot of money though and I wouldn't want us to spend anymore than that on one player.

One of the more sensible posts.

No, it really is not. Why would QPR let another year wind down on his contract? They have consistently stated that they view him as a player for their future and as shit as it is, we need to be realistic in our thinking. The lad clearly has a future, he was at Man Utd and while we are a big club, he will not be short of suitors IF QPR decide to sell. There is a chance he will be our player, but that chance is pretty small already and getting smaller with every good performance.

I think there is a misunderstanding by some .

Don't think anyone is saying that circa £4m is a sensible price but it may well be the reality of it.

They think nothing of paying that kind of money for Joe average, that's what you face when dealing in the hyper inflated English market.

Was Holloway the manager at Blackpool when they signed Charlie Adam?
I seem to remember we thought he could go for around £1m (young, Champions League experience etc) but Blackpool wouldn't budge above £500k.
After they signed him I remember him saying that he was can absolute steal for £500k and couldn't believe they got him for that.
Unfortunately for us Martin Bain was doing our negotiating!!

What contract is he currently on with QPR ?

He has two years left when he returns.

Man Utd have a buy back option.

QPR bought him for £500k (£800k with add-one).

Man Utd could buy him back and sell him for a profit depending on what the buy back.

The whole thing depends on Goss. Holloway is a fucking mug.

He was worth £500k when QPR bought him,he's played less than a dozen games since then and been sent out on loan. How on earth can he be worth £4m?
Okay, billy gilmour we got 600k for, a boy with no first team appearances, is valued at 600k, yet goss true value is only 500k? riddle me that?

Last edited:
It would only be a first refusal situation anyway.

Be interested to see what price Man Utd inserted.

maybe Rangers pay QPR say £1.5 million and insert Man utd's initial buy back as long as we get back 3x our investment ?

Having seen QPR play this season, it's hard to believe they rate Goss highly. They looked a poor team to me with little invention or creativity. Goss is not going to want to go back to play reserve team football

QPR bought him for £500k, granted he was nearly out of contract.

Given he wasn't getting a game QPR would probably have been happy to recover their outlay.

However Murty being Murty and too naive with the press opening his mouth has probably just rocketed the figure.

QPR bought him for £500k, granted he was nearly out of contract.

Given he wasn't getting a game QPR would probably have been happy to recover their outlay.

However Murty being Murty and too naive with the press opening his mouth has probably just rocketed the figure.

QPR’s narrative has been consistent throughout. From the initial loan until now.

Agreed.
Why was he not getting a game down there?

I don’t know mate. You’d have to ask Ian Holloway or Les Ferdinand. I don’t see what difference it makes though.

Just because someone hasn’t broken into the first 11 YET doesn’t mean their club will sell them for peanuts.

Couple of million quid and negotiate over the sell on %.

To suggest he is worth £5m and that QPR value him at that is a bit mental. They signed him for 500k and he hasnt broken through, i doubt they expect his value to have increased 10 fold on that basis.

Agreed.
Why was he not getting a game down there?

Found this quote from Les Ferdidand.

‘Sean has been unfortunate in the sense that the manager has had to change the system because of how this season has gone for us. The combination of midfield players has worked pretty well and Gossy has been unlucky because of it.’

Couple of million quid and negotiate over the sell on %.

To suggest he is worth £5m and that QPR value him at that is a bit mental. They signed him for 500k and he hasnt broken through, i doubt they expect his value to have increased 10 fold on that basis.

Have you read through the rest of the thread?

He was purchased from Man Utd with 6 months remaining on his contract so 500k wasn’t a true reflection of his value.

Man Utd also offered him a new deal so it wasnt a case of moving out the deadwood. He’s very highly rated by Man Utd and QPR, in particular Les Ferdinand and Nicky Butt.

I don’t think we’ll need to pay as much as suggested in this thread.

They bought him for 500k a year or so ago, only played him 6 times & he became the forgotten man at QPR (their Dalcio, if you may). He has came here and performed extremely well, but 10 games in Scotland doesn’t mean your price goes up to 3/4/5m.

I don’t think we’ll need to pay as much as suggested in this thread.

They bought him for 500k a year or so ago, only played him 6 times & he became the forgotten man at QPR (their Dalcio, if you may). He has came here and performed extremely well, but 10 games in Scotland doesn’t mean your price goes up to 3/4/5m.

Why would they sell him for 500k when they stole him from Man Utd for the same amount?

That’s terrible business.

And ‘our Dalcio’ ? Come on man

This thread is getting ridiculous

It reminds me of when we signed Bougherra ( I know different positions).

I knew little of Bougherra and wrote him off about the club he came from especially when we just sold Carlos.

How wrong I was. Long may it continue.

Sorry to wave as the bandwagon goes past, but 8 games in a blue jersey, doesn't make Goss worth some of these crazy amounts. The Championship is a hard league. Good performances against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ayr and Fraserburgh are hardly setting the foundation to carry a team to promotion to the EPL.
He's a good player in our league and hopefully he will progress as he gets a regular game, but talk of 5,6,7m are crazy. Before I get hammered for not jumping on the bandwagon immediately, in my opinion, that works in our favor.

I'm sure QPR will review his progress at the end of the season. Hopefully Goss helps us to some kind of trophy in that time. If he does and QPR want to do business, I'd think a couple of million would be a fair offer.

Why would they sell him for 500k when they stole him from Man Utd for the same amount?

That’s terrible business.

And ‘our Dalcio’ ? Come on man

This thread is getting ridiculous
I said he had became the forgotten man at QPR, similar to Dalcio here. You disagree with that? He made 2 starts in a year at QPR, this season he only made the bench twice & wasn’t even in the squad the rest of the time. Thats their loss.

Doing that, then demanding a large fee for a boy you bought for the first team but punted in the U21s after a few appearances? Nah, not happening.

You say thats terrible business, like QPR are a fantatically well run club ffs. :D

Back