Hummel Denmark World Cup kit

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Official Ticketer
Looks similar to our blackout kit from a few years ago, I only wore mine once because we got beat that day.

A better statement would have been to refuse to make the kit in the first place. As it stands it just looks like a bit of virtue signaling. Another path could have been "we love our country and we love making their iconic kit. But unfortunately this year we cannot be associated with such a repugnant World Cup"

As it stands they say the World Cup is bad but we'll still see their "famous chevrons"

A better statement would have been to refuse to make the kit in the first place. As it stands it just looks like a bit of virtue signaling. Another path could have been "we love our country and we love making their iconic kit. But unfortunately this year we cannot be associated with such a repugnant World Cup"

As it stands they say the World Cup is bad but we'll still see their "famous chevrons"
I understand your logic, but the reality is they'll have a contractual obligation to fill making that kit and it could be very costly to them to refuse to do so.

Equally if they don't do it and lose that money or contract, someone else would certainly step in and do it.

This was at least they're fulfilling their obligation whilst making a statement that gets people talking about it. Personally I cam understand why they've done it the way they have.

Classic virtue signalling. a gesture that costs very little but garners all the headlines and does absolutely nothing to relieve suffering. I’m sure the families of those who have suffered human rights abuses would wear this strip with pride. Hummel Stands With You. In a third kit sort of way. They’d have been better doing nothing than this. If Qatar is so detestable refuse to provide any kit at all. Take a moral stand. But that would be an exercise of principle with an effect on the bottom line. I’d laugh if it wasn’t so calculated and repugnant.

I understand your logic, but the reality is they'll have a contractual obligation to fill making that kit and it could be very costly to them to refuse to do so.

Equally if they don't do it and lose that money or contract, someone else would certainly step in and do it.

This was at least they're fulfilling their obligation whilst making a statement that gets people talking about it. Personally I cam understand why they've done it the way they have.
Fair comment mate.

If they were really serious, they'd donate profits from the sales of the kit to the families of the people who died building the stadiums.

I’m being totally serious here when I say some families probably don’t even know their loved ones died as slaves. Probably in some unmarked grave in the desert.

This is their changed kit. They have an all red and white version also.

denmark-2022-world-cup-kits-16.jpg

They have a contractual obligation.

Empty gesture, unless all proceeds go towards whatever charity it is that's supporting the cause they're protesting for.

Virtue signalling pish / a great marketing campaign.

I read somewhere yesterday they actually make strips for 2 of the biggest club sides in Qatar. Not sure how true it is. They have also recently produced kit for a world cup in Russia and the Olympic Games in Beijing. Where was their morals then? That's right, there was no bandwagon to jump on back then.

If they were really serious, they'd donate profits from the sales of the kit to the families of the people who died building the stadiums.
Aye you try find the families of slaves from some of the poorest countries In the world most of who won't even have any legal documents. Fair play to them for highlighting what a corrupt tournament this world cup is.

If they were really serious they wouldn't be attending, this is just pathetic virtue signalling.

Classic virtue signalling. a gesture that costs very little but garners all the headlines and does absolutely nothing to relieve suffering. I’m sure the families of those who have suffered human rights abuses would wear this strip with pride. Hummel Stands With You. In a third kit sort of way. They’d have been better doing nothing than this. If Qatar is so detestable refuse to provide any kit at all. Take a moral stand. But that would be an exercise of principle with an effect on the bottom line. I’d laugh if it wasn’t so calculated and repugnant.
‘Virtue signalling” !!!!!!!! Who th f&&k makes these things up?? Almost as bad (no, actually worse) than ‘cancel culture’ and WOKE’.

Attention seeking shite.

If these countries had any balls about them, if they really wanted to be against the WC so badly then every country should refuse to attend. So far, no country has refused to attend on the basis of human rights violations, so any country who wants to make statements about it will basically be worthless without making the ultimate statement.

Boycott the whole thing is the feelings are so strong about it. We all know boycotts won’t happen because money talks more powerfully than any refusal.

If they were really serious then they'd refuse to play at the Qatar world cup.

The point of it is to get the message to as many people as possible. It's meant to be attention seeking.
Not much of a point though is it?

"We think it was really sad that loads of guys died to make this world cup happen and Qatar has the human rights from medieval times, but Denmark are still going so buy this shirt"

Toothless shite. And lets not forget it would have been drawn up in the Hummel marketing offices so we can be fairly certain the entire thing was done through a very sharply focussed commercial lens.

Do people on this thread know that Hummel aren’t playing at the World Cup? How can they refuse to go?

I wonder if they supply kits to any sides in the Middle East? Otherwise it’s a decent standpoint to make

Do people on this thread know that Hummel aren’t playing at the World Cup? How can they refuse to go?
I think people would rather they just stfu instead of pretending to make a grand gesture. The world cup is going ahead and Hummel will sell loads of shirts with no benefit whatsoever to the people at the bottom of the pile in Qatar so none of it really matters.

When the tournament starts there will be tons of this - commentators droning on about human rights, players making daft protest/celebrations when they score etc. All bollocks.

I think people would rather they just stfu instead of pretending to make a grand gesture. The world cup is going ahead and Hummel will sell loads of shirts with no benefit whatsoever to the people at the bottom of the pile in Qatar so none of it really matters.

When the tournament starts there will be tons of this - commentators droning on about human rights, players making daft protest/celebrations when they score etc. All bollocks.

It raises awareness of the issue.

The more people who are aware, the better.

Back