Hyperbolic Rage

“Things will improve. Players will hit form. The team will go up a gear.”

I mean on the one hand I don’t disagree that the hyperbole after a poor result can be significant on this board, but that is pretty much the opposite when there’s absolutely no guarantee that any of those things you mentioned will happen, certainly in the short term.

The line between positivity and delusion in the face of a growing body of evidence is a fine one.

“Things will improve. Players will hit form. The team will go up a gear.”

I mean on the one hand I don’t disagree that the hyperbole after a poor result can be significant on this board, but that is pretty much the opposite when there’s absolutely no guarantee that any of those things you mentioned will happen, certainly in the short term.

The line between positivity and delusion in the face of a growing body of evidence is a fine one.

Things could always get worse. I guess I failed to consider that as an option. Probably because we've got evidence that this team has gears to go up.

I'm not deluding myself. I know that our performances, out with the Celtic game at Ibrox, have been below the required standard. I'm just not quite at the stage of convincing myself or others that this is it and we should just chuck the towel in.

I fully believe that if you behaved the way some people do online in a pub or social setting, you'd tend to get enough people laughing at your nonsense or telling you to calm the fuck down. In a more wider sense, you probably don't express your emotions until the next day in work or a few hours later in the pub and in that time, you've probably calmed the fuck down a bit. Unfortunately, the problem with the internet is you get access to a much wider talent pool of fellow mentalists to validate you. Instead of it being diffused as it is in most social settings, it just makes them think they're right while they're raging.

Last edited:
Let’s see where we are start of the New Year. November and December are pretty brutal months for us. If we don’t find our form it’s dropped points in a few of those matches.

Celtic have lost 3 out of 6 yet we are only 4 ahead.

The eternally negative crew who love to greet and live to criticise at the drop of a hat all having a pop at the OP.

You could easily predict the outcome of this thread and probably have named most of the participants.

Misplaced anger and frustration.

Inventing a reason to be angry.

Something something Rangers Standards™.

Projections of emotional vulnerability.

Gripes about something irrelevant.

Ham fisted attempt at being ominous.

Whitewash history and carry on pretending every other title we've ever won has been plain sailing.

Manufactured outrage at something or someone.

The above, is this place in a nutshell after every minor setback. Still only played 6 games and you'd think we are 6 points behind going into the split, with the way some of you are prattling on every other week. Exhausting contrived bullshit. Just chill out. I honestly can't imagine being that wound tight, all the bastard time. Must be exhausting.

Things will improve. Players will hit form. The team will go up a gear. We've got a squad that has gone the distance once already. If this was still a side that had achieved nothing, I'd understand the majority of the concern but it's not. It's a side that have the ability. They will demonstrate that.
On the money with that analysis there. String 4 wins together (and we're more than capable) and we'll be at least 6 points out in front. Then it's catch us if you can. We've been spoiled a bit by last season IMHO. Don't remember any of Sir Walter's teams strolling every game. The expectation and criticism on here, at times, is off the scale.

Imagine what it would be like on here if we were 4 points behind and hadnt won an away league game since February.

Whitewash history and carry on pretending every other title we've ever won has been plain sailing.

The above, is this place in a nutshell after every minor setback. Still only played 6 games and you'd think we are 6 points behind going into the split, with the way some of you are prattling on every other week. Exhausting contrived bullshit. Just chill out. I honestly can't imagine being that wound tight, all the bastard time. Must be exhausting.

Things will improve. Players will hit form. The team will go up a gear. We've got a squad that has gone the distance once already. If this was still a side that had achieved nothing, I'd understand the majority of the concern but it's not. It's a side that have the ability. They will demonstrate that.
Rondamus for president!

I've either read or posted on Rangers forums enough through the years to know this post of yours was coming, like a knight to the rescue.

Listen mate, you're more than entitled to your opinion but I've read through all the comments and threads since full-time and no-one's said anything out of order.
Barry Ferguson outed on FF ;)

So are you Tailwind's 3rd acct if I'm his 2nd acct? :) Agree with every word you've said, it's often draining on here after we've won, nvm drawing or losing. Was FF around during helicopter Sunday or Arteta's greatest day seasons? If it was there must have been some absolutely bonkers threads throughout them with 'all Lovenkrands can do is run fast', 'Novo is a Dundee level player', he's pish, he's done, his legs have gone, we will never win the league with so and so etc. I'd love to trawl back for a laugh and see if there was the same level of idiocy and entitlement back then as there is now.
Are people being accused of being me if they aren’t negative enough? Hilarious.

Apologies for people being tarred with the Tailwind brush. Nobody needs that! B-DB-D

We're also only 1 point worse off than we were at this stage last season and have already beat Celtic.

I said on another thread that we aren't playing well, looked better yesterday, but overall its actually not been 'that' bad this season.

Brilliant, here is Frasier Crane on to tell us all it's fine and we should all be a zen master like himself.

Honestly man, what part of you felt what was missing from the board today was a high and mighty thread, projecting yourself above this raft of posters you have written off as emotional misfits.

I won't say any more, as I would hate to stray into emotional territory, as that is somewhere you clearly want to avoid, and heaven knows what happens if you get knocked off your opium cloud.

Don't have a cow man.
I think Dr Crane would probably prescribe you some meds.

We’ve been horseshit. Deal with it

I’ve done all the excuses but yesterday we couldn’t see out a win against Motherwell.

There have been enough games to find form by now. The manager needs to pick a settled keeper and defence for at least 6 games and think about swapping out lundstram for Davis

The psychology of them being already 6 points behind tonight would have alarm bells ringing at the Piggery. We wasted a great chance today, which is incredibly frustrating.
exactly that is how we are all feeling
Also got frustrated at Motherwell antics waisting time
6 mins of injury time was a joke should have been at least 10 minutes

The FF nuthouse encapsulates all views.From happy clappers to doom mongers to fair minded moderates,we have them all.

What gets me is the idea that if we all just get collectively angry enough about it we will see better results on the pitch.

"Questions need to be asked!"

OK. To whom? What answers do we want?

Like Gerrard has to come out after the game and grovel for forgiveness and promise that we'll win the next game and all subsequent games and if we don't then he'll "answer questions" again.

The ball has been set rolling on the season now. We've played our cards and nothing can change that. The only way things are going to significantly change is if we sack the current manager and bring in a new one. Otherwise this is pretty much it and the question is whether or not we will find form.

Gerrard is not going to come out with an all new tactical system next week because the fans are really really mad. We are committed now and it's going to go how it will go.

Venting is great but some people take it too far and for a handful it's just constant.

It's seems like we can't voice our opinions on here nowadays unless it's praising the team. Granted some posts are just f##king mental but that can encourage debate and is the whole point in fans forums. If we all sat around blindly praising the team and singing Kumbaya then the forum would be a poorer place for it. It may seem I'm contradicting myself but the negativity should be kept to the forums and not brought into the stadium.

It's seems like we can't voice our opinions on here nowadays unless it's praising the team. Granted some posts are just f##king mental but that can encourage debate and is the whole point in fans forums. If we all sat around blindly praising the team and singing Kumbaya then the forum would be a poorer place for it. It may seem I'm contradicting myself but the negativity should be kept to the forums and not brought into the stadium.

I think if people want to voice what is sometimes quite extreme negativity and nonsense then they need to be able to take whatever comes with that.

You've got people characterising our 55th title as "only won 1 trophy out of 12".
LOL as if the same people wouldn't be on here with a whole different angle of attack had we won 8 out of 12 but not a league title.

Surely to f*ck this guy is not counting the 3 Europa League campaigns as failed attempts to get a trophy? If so then that's just mental.

Point is if Gerrard wins 55 he gets "only won 1 trophy out of 9". If Gerrard wins 3 league cups and 3 scottish cups he gets "only won the diddy cups, we wanted the big one and now the tims have 10 in a row". That's the kind of stuff you'd expect from BBC or Clyde One's resident ex-tim player trolls.

Remember when the narrative was we couldn't do it in front of fans?
That went away after we burst the Ange-ball, didn't it? Funny that.

For me, fan rage is really impotent unless it is rage designed to bring about change.
So anger at the shambles of Wharburton, Murty, Pedro, Murty is pretty damn justified.
That anger was designed to bring about change at the club. Fundamental change.

So unless people are willing to outright come and demand that Gerrard be sacked then it's just a waste of time.

Being really, really angry won't get Helander fit again and won't bring Hagi out of quarantine. Being mad won't make Gerrard change the formation or the approach to games. It won't make Lundstram play better or turn Simpson into a world-class defender (probably will actually have a negative impact).

Back