I have been barred from standing in the elections for Club 1872

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a passionate proponent of fan ownership/representation and was involved with the RST from it's inception. I now despair of the schismatic cluster f.uck and infighting of all these years. Maybe I'm just that disillusioned radical of my youth growing grey and conservative in my old age.
Yet I'm constantly amazed and proud how we can turn up in numbers like no one else and back our Club in triumph and adversity. It's a total head f.uck. :(

He attended Board meetings regularly.
I’m okay with that, in fact I’m quite pleased. It hasn’t followed natural protocol however and should have been called out.

disappointed this is finally the end for me financially contributing these vehicles. From the days of the rst continually through.

all members and board members make mistakes. My god think back to the chaos of the RST split and aftermath.

if people have the good of the club at the forefront of everything they do in whatever vehicle I’ve always been happy to support. No longer.

I’ve no idea how this moves forward now.

I will vote for you ya fat whatever ;)
Come to think of it you barred me in about 2008 and I had to change my user name, reap what you sow:D

Last edited:
Every time a Rangers fan organisation starts out, we think it will change things for the better.
And every time it ends up with splits, self interest and fighting amongst ourselves.

It's utterly depressing and I'm starting to think The Judean People's Front is a better option.

For a fanbase that unites in huge numbers for the team on the park, we can't agree on anything off it.

Aw ffs, poof,dyke, ginger, mick, jock,and I'll be a wee bit more sensitive here, ch,,k, p,,,i and n,,,,r have none of you people ever used these words In the past and I could throw in pape, mentally challenged and 19th Century Terrorist ,if not complain away I am sure it will make you feel better, what a fukin world we're living in.
It’s the world we live in. For better or worse.

I contemplated and had chats about joining c1872. For a couple of reasons, I didn’t push forward with it. One of them was the impact it would have on my family with the digging into my online past.

I’m sure i used an ill advised word a couple of times. Maybe not. But I couldn’t take that risk.

the press, mhanks and certain sections of our supper would trawl through everything to find something.

I’m not sure where i fall with this particular issue. The comments/words aren’t acceptable in 2021. We probably all agree that.

but should it stop people trying to do things like trying to get into the c1872 board? I don’t think so.

c1872 should be a voice of the fans, so the fans should choose who represents them.

in the uk, we’ve had the likes of corbyn and Galloway (and of course many others) who have controversial beliefs and said controversial things. But they are allowed to put their names in the hat

fwiw, I think Mark would be a cracking addition to c1872.

Every time a Rangers fan organisation starts out, we think it will change things for the better.
And every time it ends up with splits, self interest and fighting amongst ourselves.

It's utterly depressing and I'm starting to think The Judean People's Front is a better option.

For a fanbase that unites in huge numbers for the team on the park, we can't agree on anything off it.
When something is run like a bowling club, any change needs to start with "what does bad look like" (even though you have the best of intentions). It means that it's what you measure yourself against - you see bad and you know it's time for another change.

Otherwise starting every time with "it'll be good this time" is the definition of madness.

Call it organisational change, business strategy, operating practice at boardroom level and common sense.

In my opinion. The alternative? Millions of pounds under bowling club egos and capability.

Much as I expected to be. It's a closed shop and self-perpetuating clique.

I stood in response to an email plea from a member which disclosed very worrying information about the operation of Club 1872.

I was debarred on two grounds -

1/ that one, or perhaps more, of my proposers had not been paying for six months continuously into Club 1872.

2/ That some of my tweets were "homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive"

I asked for the name(s) of the ineligible proposer(s) and examples of the social media posts.

They did not give me a note of the ineligible proposer(s) but did provide links to five tweets - all of which I'm quite prepared to stand by on the basis of the context in which they were made, the content or indeed that two of them are quite clearly humorous and directed to people I know personally.

I have been made aware of one other member who has similarly been disbarred from standing despite his track record of service in fans groups/media.
I came out of it when they merged! my gut told me then to get out I'd got quite a few friends and family to sign up when it started! Usual with these things tho egos take over and lose track of the reasons people were behind it in the first place

When something is run like a bowling club, any change needs to start with "what does bad look like" (even though you have the best of intentions). It means that it's what you measure yourself against - you see bad and you know it's time for another change.

Otherwise starting every time with "it'll be good this time" is the definition of madness.

Call it organisational change, business strategy, operating practice at boardroom level and common sense.

In my opinion. The alternative? Millions of pounds under bowling club egos and capability.
As soon as someone does something that somebody else does not agree with, they instantly become public enemy number one, and everybody needs to pick a side

As depressing as it is predictable

Aw ffs, poof,dyke, ginger, mick, jock,and I'll be a wee bit more sensitive here, ch,,k, p,,,i and n,,,,r have none of you people ever used these words In the past and I could throw in pape, mentally challenged and 19th Century Terrorist ,if not complain away I am sure it will make you feel better, what a fukin world we're living in.
You make a frighteningly strong case for euthanasia

l
Much as I expected to be. It's a closed shop and self-perpetuating clique.

I stood in response to an email plea from a member which disclosed very worrying information about the operation of Club 1872.

I was debarred on two grounds -

1/ that one, or perhaps more, of my proposers had not been paying for six months continuously into Club 1872.

2/ That some of my tweets were "homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive"

I asked for the name(s) of the ineligible proposer(s) and examples of the social media posts.

They did not give me a note of the ineligible proposer(s) but did provide links to five tweets - all of which I'm quite prepared to stand by on the basis of the context in which they were made, the content or indeed that two of them are quite clearly humorous and directed to people I know personally.

I have been made aware of one other member who has similarly been disbarred from standing despite his track record of service in fans groups/media.
That's the way of the world I'm afraid, i was banned on this forum for showing a Dave Chappelle video, I asked admin about it and was ignored. Kinda like a closed shop.

Last edited:
Two things - I'm not surprised MD has been barred given the content of those tweets

However Club 1872 have been a massive disappointment, capped off by their failure to mount any defence of their members or the wider support whatsoever in the last week. Not fit for purpose imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back