I know we joke about the negativity on here, but....

TN8

I really can't believe the dross I'm reading in here tonight. We've a new, first time manager who's had 1 transfer window to build a brand new squad from the pish who were knocked out of Europe by a bunch of joiners and taxi drivers then finished behind Aberdeen in the league.

And folk are moaning that we've been knocked out in the last 10 minutes of the group stages having come through 4 qualifiers and been competitive in every single group game.

Idiots. Fucking idiots.

Last edited:
Everyone "moaning", would have been so very content with our clear progress - both in Europe and domestically, at the start of our campaign.

No fan would have had us one game away from the last 32 in Europe.

And no fan would have had us top of the league so early on. And only two points off them, in the middle of December.

But every team has that set of fans.

It is what it is.

Thankfully, I have green and tea.

Plenty of others need the same.

Chill, folks.

Agree completely we have surpassed expectations massively. Turning it into a positive though it gives us something to aim to equal/better next season.

Well said mate, bipola loyals been rather busy this past week:(

Let’s re group and get back supporting our managers and players!

I really can't believe the dross I'm reading in here tonight. We've a new, first time manager who's had 1 transfer window to build a brand new squad from the pish who were knocked out of Europe by a bunch of joiners and taxi drivers then finished behind Aberdeen in the league.

And folk are moaning that we've been knocked out in the last 10 minutes of the group stages having come through 4 qualifiers and been competitive in every single group game.

Idiots. Fucking idiots.
Correct

Idiots. Fucking idiots.

Spot on, getting to the end of the group stages is a big achievement considering what he inherited, it was all his own work and some are criticising him despite actually overachieving. We were just short of a bit of quality or luck.

True OP you put things in perspective but the last three games have lowered everyone's mood not to mention the jamminess of that lot sneaking through beyond the group stages..that just iced the cake with sour cream

Spartak home, away and tonight, people are rightly disappointed given we have not qualified.

Thought Rapid Wien were pretty poor, were there for the taking and we failed to create any clear cut chances.

I'm sure Gerrard and the players are disappointed as well.

Everyone "moaning", would have been so very content with our clear progress - both in Europe and domestically, at the start of our campaign.

No fan would have had us one game away from the last 32 in Europe.

And no fan would have had us top of the league so early on. And only two points off them, in the middle of December.

But every team has that set of fans.

It is what it is.

Thankfully, I have green and tea.

Plenty of others need the same.

Chill, folks.
I agree but Green tea?I will have a glass of rioja,if that's ok

People aren't moaning about that, people are complaining about the fact we have been utter Shite for weeks against a Shite Aberdeen side, ten men at Dundee and now again against a very poor rapid Vienna team in a must win game that saw us have three sum of 2 shots at goal,
the manager continually keeps making the same mistakes.
Tinkers with the team personnel, especially the back line far too often.
Doesn't seem to ever want to change the formation
Leaves substitutions too late in a game to have any real impact.

Listen, I love Stevie Gerrard as much as everyone else but he HAS to start learning where he's going wrong otherwise we are in for a long long season.

We were utter pish, again, tonight. Barely an effort on goal against a Mickey Mouse outfit.

There is little progress being made as far as I can see. We need to get our shit together right now or things are going to look bleak before the year is even out.

The day we accept defeats is the day it's over no matter what we have been through. It's only natural for people to be upset and to moan after a defeat.

Would be right to upset and moan after a defeat in Barcelona or Munich?

Or is that meek acceptance and surrender?

Where does the line get drawn and the perspective arrive?

I really can't believe the dross I'm reading in here tonight. We've a new, first time manager who's had 1 transfer window to put build a new squad from the pish who were knocked out of Europe by a bunch of joiners and taxi drivers then finished behind Aberdeen in the league.

Idiots. Fucking idiots.

If we'd been played off the park tonight I could accept getting beat.

Even getting to the group stages was an achievement which I'm sure we are all proud of, compared to last seasons debacle.

But here's the rub: once we had played Villareal, Rapid & Spartak in the first 3 games, we discovered that this group wasn't that strong and we could more than hold our own against them.

However, poor refereeing plus schoolboy defending in Moscow meant that we had to get a result tonight.
Whilst we didn't pose any threat tonight, it's unfair to to lay the blame on tonight's squad.

Would be right to upset and moan after a defeat in Barcelona or Munich?

Or is that meek acceptance and surrender?

Where does the line get drawn and the perspective arrive?

It's just the way it is. Am not going to sit and be happy about any defeat no matter who it's against and when you can see there have been mistakes made in the game then it's normal to moan about it.

Idiots. Fucking idiots.

It’s a fucking joke to be honest. Place is full of mentalists

We were utter pish, again, tonight. Barely an effort on goal against a Mickey Mouse outfit.

There is little progress being made as far as I can see. We need to get our shit together right now or things are going to look bleak before the year is even out.
Then you must be blind.
Compare last year to this year. WE narrowly failed to qualify from the group stages after 4 rounds.

Who is happy ffs?

Happy was the wrong word but you knew what I ment. People moaning about a defeat is just the way it is and the way it should be. We blew it tonight. We are more than capable of beating that team tonight and proved it at Ibrox when they couldn't live with us and openly said it afterwards about not being able to catch their breath. We should be beating teams like that and we had the chance to go through with it being in our own hands but we fucked it.

Little progress? Last season we were out 12 games ago to a fucking part time team from Luxembourg, ya fucking lunatic. Rapid Vienna and Villarreal would've been horsing us 5 or 6 nil.

The lack of football knowledge on this website is frightening.
The 'football knowledge' belongs to Steven Gerrard and his team of backroom staff and professional footballers.

What we have on here is the opinions of fans.

Hardly "frightening", just emotional.

Tomorrow, we all go to work (or not) and the football people essentially do the same.

You might be taking this all too seriously.

A lot on here forget where we have been.

I only have to think of a couple of years ago playing fxxking Alloa, Peterhead and Queen of the South.

I am proud of what we have achieved in Europe.

We move on now and we must stay behind these players and keep up the fantastic support we have given them all season - they need us now more than ever.

This takes the award as the dumbest piece of shit posted tonight. Knocked out in prelims against Progress vs knocked out in last five minutes of group stage = no progress. Please go support someone else whoever you are, you contribute nothing and you know nothing.

Happy was the wrong word but you knew what I ment. People moaning about a defeat is just the way it is and the way it should be. We blew it tonight. We are more than capable of beating that team tonight and proved it at Ibrox when they couldn't live with us and openly said it afterwards about not being able to catch their breath. We should be beating teams like that and we had the chance to go through with it being in our own hands but we fucked it.

Of course I know mate.

The OP is appealing for context.

You must remember the pride after Maribor?
The relief after Ufa?
The joy after Rapid at home?

Yep.
We’re Glasgow Rangers. We deserve and should have an enormous standing.
We deserve and should not have had a shower of fucking degenerates financially rape us to near death.

This is the start of something. Not the end.

When a thread appeared before the Group Stage asking how many points would we get, my reply was ££££.

Here for the fu(kin money and anything else was a bonus.

We were here for the ride and what a ride the EL was.

To the last game, couldn't have asked for much more.

Here's to 55 and the Double. :cool:

Back